Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Lange RS 130 or RX 130 ?

The only differences between the two are the RX has rubber toe and heel inserts, elastic strap and a different liner ?

From the info i find online the shells are the same.

I went to my local shop and tried the RS 130 wide which fit my foot nice but will need a little work. I want the RX 130 wide but they will have to order it.

Just want to make sure before I have the shop order them.

One of these is the boot I want too for lift serve. Great question. I'm interested to hear others opinions as well. I tried on the RS 110 wide (all the store had). Great out of box fit. Almost forgot it was a Lange.

Lange has finally got it? Sweet boots.
    The Passion is in the Risk

When did Lange lose it?

off the top of my head the rx was wider than rs and had the vibram sole plates. RS 97mm, RX 100mm.

Quote Originally Posted by SeatownSlackey View Post
    off the top of my head the rx was wider than rs and had the vibram sole plates. RS 97mm, RX 100mm.
    RS also comes in a wide, 100 mm last. which is the one i tried on

I went with the RX 130 pro (orange shell) which is the 97 last. it has a slightly less dense liner but otherwise identical. the rx130, has a 100 last and the rubberized toe/heel. this is a fantastic boot.
    Be more like your dog...

I think the rx130 has a softer boot board to help with impact on landings, whereas the rs has the harder plastic. I could be wrong though

yes that would make sense, i wish there was more info on Lange's web site.

the RX 130 seems like the way to go for me

yes on the softer boot board. It was early when I posted! If you need help, call Phil at Start haus.
    Be more like your dog...

I have about 15 days in the RX 120...I LOVE how they fit my wide foot and narrow heel.

The 120 is more than enough boot for me, I am glad I didn't order the 130.

I also am a huge fan of the rubber soles. My only complaint is how damn cold my feet get...it can be 25 degrees, and my feet feel like it is -25. Are ALL Langes like this? I could never fit into them before as they were all too narrow.
    You should have been here yesterday!

PowTron how big are you?

i am 6' 185 lbs.

when i tried the RS 130 it seemed soft at room temperature, thats the reason im considering the RX 130 over the 120, how much will the flex stiffen up when out in the cold?

Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post
    PowTron how big are you?

i am 6' 185 lbs.

when i tried the RS 130 it seemed soft at room temperature, thats the reason im considering the RX 130 over the 120, how much will the flex stiffen up when out in the cold?
    I am 5'10" 200 lbs stark naked. The 120's get a LOT stiffer in the cold...as in quite a bit stiffer than my Nordica Speed Machine 12's (120 flex).

But again, that could just be my preference. I don't think the RX 130 would totally kick my ass, but the 120 is more than enough...and $50 to $70 less.

I think having a mono-mold (if that is what you want to call it) on the Lange is what makes it so much stiffer than my Nordicas. There is a lot of shell, and the boot even in the RX 120 is precise and powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    My only complaint is how damn cold my feet get...it can be 25 degrees, and my feet feel like it is -25.
    Funny because I actually find them to be warmer than what I've used in the past(Nordica Hot Rod, Garmont Shaman).

Its about time another company makes a more anatomically shaped shell, the first being Garmont(Shaman, G130, G150) a few years ago. Really great boot, I like the liner, great heel hold and really nice having the rubber DIN inserts.

In regards to the plastics, it used to be the case that the clear plastics were affected more by temperature(softer when warm/stiffer when cold) than the non clear plastic. I don't know if this is still the case today but maybe something to consider between the RX and RS series. Someone should be able to give a definitive answer.

If you do go RS it seems like more and more shops with sole planers are able to install the rubber DIN inserts so you wouldn't lose out there except for some extra cost. Another consideration for RS is whether or not you need some more serious sole planing for canting issues. But really, if you aren't racing, its nicer having the slightly more comfortable liner and elastic powerstraps of the RX.

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    My only complaint is how damn cold my feet get...it can be 25 degrees, and my feet feel like it is -25. Are ALL Langes like this? I could never fit into them before as they were all too narrow.
    I switched from some Nordica Hot Rod 130s to the Lange WC 120s last year and the Langes are much colder, but the fit is perfect, so I deal with it. Can't comment on the new RS/RX though.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLineSeeker View Post
    I switched from some Nordica Hot Rod 130s to the Lange WC 120s last year and the Langes are much colder, but the fit is perfect, so I deal with it. Can't comment on the new RS/RX though.
    Exactly my thoughts...much colder than my Nordy's were, but fit fuggin perfect and ski amazing. I have gotten used to frozen toes.

Quote Originally Posted by SLSki View Post
    When did Lange lose it?
    They never lost the way they ski (fawkin awesome!) but they never got that you could be comfortable doing it! Until now!

RX 120 or 130 for me.

Thanks all.
    The Passion is in the Risk

I'm in the RS 130 wide and love it. First experience with Langes and I'm still working out some kinks with my bootfitter. 6th-8th toes still need a bit o' room. From what I got from the bootfitter who sold me the boots was that the RX's have a bit more room around the top of the arch and the ankle area. Don't know if that's in the shell mold or just the different feel of the liners.

I can tell you this...the RS's are f'in COLD. I've skied days that are above freezing and had my toes go numb. I could just have bad circulation though.

my $.02

rx 130

Got into the rX 130 last month. Like the rubber sole, like the 130 flex even more. Lange is the shit as far as I am concerned now after stepping up from some old Salomon xwave 10.0 with zipfits.

Skied my old boots the other day just for fun and there was no comparison. Awesome boot with a ton of power.

I am 6 feet, 220 lbs and ski on anything 190 or longer with no less than 110mm underfoot and these boots drive them no problem. Def. on the cold side like others mentioned, but I am in the Tahoe area so we rarely get too cold, although this year seems a little different.

Buy these boots if they fit, with the 100mm last they are more friendly to my feet than Lange's have been in the past. Everyone out here in the shops really respects Lange for their race background so I am psyched to be wearing them.

well i bought the RX 120's last night, will be able to test them out later this week. im stoked

Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post
    well i bought the RX 120's last night, will be able to test them out later this week. im stoked
    Without knowing you, I honestly think you will be very happy with how these ski based on your posts.

Congrats!

I can get proform on some RS 130 wide's but I'd have to pay full price for RX 130's. I'll be using these as an everyday lift-served boot, probably no racing. Is there any reason to go with the RX's? Sounds like the differences are minimal. I'll replace the powerstraps with boosters anyway and I don't notice soft vs hard boot boards in my kryptons so the only issue seems to be the liners. How different are they?
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Quote Originally Posted by tahoepa View Post
    Got into the rX 130 last month. Like the rubber sole, like the 130 flex even more. Lange is the shit as far as I am concerned now after stepping up from some old Salomon xwave 10.0 with zipfits.

Skied my old boots the other day just for fun and there was no comparison. Awesome boot with a ton of power.

I am 6 feet, 220 lbs and ski on anything 190 or longer with no less than 110mm underfoot and these boots drive them no problem. Def. on the cold side like others mentioned, but I am in the Tahoe area so we rarely get too cold, although this year seems a little different.

Buy these boots if they fit, with the 100mm last they are more friendly to my feet than Lange's have been in the past. Everyone out here in the shops really respects Lange for their race background so I am psyched to be wearing them.
    I agree, Lange has hit the nail on the head with their new fit. These new Lange boots are great and IMO buy the RS130 if you have the chance. I have the RX120 and after what is probably the typical amount of work for me to get a boot to fit, four visits to the bootfitter, I can say that this boot was fitting really well and skis better than any other boot I have had. (Salomon XWave10, Dalbello Krypton Pro w/ID, Lange Comp120) If you are after performance the one thing I would advise is getting the RS 130 boot, no matter what your ability to flex that boot is. These boots have two flex adjustment bolts in the back that can be removed to make the flex softer. When I remove both of mine on the RX120 the boot is good on super cold days but way too soft on warm days.

The biggest reason for my recommending the RS130 boot is the liner! There is a big enough difference between the RS and RX and the 100 to the 130 liners. I regret not getting the RS130. My liner is packed out after 40 days or so of skiing and I am using all sorts of tricks to keep my heel secure to maintain the high level of performance I want when carving. I have added heel lifts, C-pads, and the instaprint eliminator tongue. I am now contemplating getting an intuition liner to replace the stock liner.

Does anyone have a 27.5 intuition, zipfit or other custom liner for sale?

Lange RS 130 or RX 130 ?

Quote Originally Posted by tahoepa View Post

I agree, Lange has hit the nail on the head with their new fit. These new Lange boots are great and IMO buy the RS130 if you have the chance. I have the RX120 and after what is probably the typical amount of work for me to get a boot to fit, four visits to the bootfitter, I can say that this boot was fitting really well and skis better than any other boot I have had. (Salomon XWave10, Dalbello Krypton Pro w/ID, Lange Comp120) If you are after performance the one thing I would advise is getting the RS 130 boot, no matter what your ability to flex that boot is. These boots have two flex adjustment bolts in the back that can be removed to make the flex softer. When I remove both of mine on the RX120 the boot is good on super cold days but way too soft on warm days.

The biggest reason for my recommending the RS130 boot is the liner! There is a big enough difference between the RS and RX and the 100 to the 130 liners. I regret not getting the RS130. My liner is packed out after 40 days or so of skiing and I am using all sorts of tricks to keep my heel secure to maintain the high level of performance I want when carving. I have added heel lifts, C-pads, and the instaprint eliminator tongue. I am now contemplating getting an intuition liner to replace the stock liner.

Does anyone have a 27.5 intuition, zipfit or other custom liner for sale?

Not to hijack but anyone feel like the rubber soles are getting torn up a little faster than expected?

how much are they to replace? anyone have a link to new ones?

Quote Originally Posted by jmcosmo65 View Post
    Does anyone have a 27.5 zipfit for sale?
    Check with me next week - If I cant get this one fitted right - I will. Its a WC (not the leather lined though).