Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Sounds good. BTW if anyone is looking I just bought a used size 9 intuition power wrap liner on EBay. The liner is too small for me. I am a size 27.5 or 9.5 and thought it might work but it is just too short for my toes. If interested let me know.

WIDE=RUBBER, NARROW=NO RUBBER

tried on the rs130 (narrow, 97) last night. perfect snug fit out of the box. no work needed.

it's funny tho that you can't get the rubber soles/replaceable on the rx series in a 97 width, just the plastic sole. so i may as well just get the rs 130 for next year. as much as i love my scarpa typhoons, i'll be doing ALL of my skiing/touring on my new rs130's when i get them this spring/summer. amazing boot. and MUCH lighter than my old comp 120's.

rog

For the record, I just got back from AK with my RX120's...I am so sick of how cold these boots are. My feet froze twice...and actually cost me runs on the heli.

I am either putting Intuitions in, or making the shop I bought them from take them back for something else. Super upset at the moment.

End Rant
    You should have been here yesterday!

^ You probably have forgotten more about skiing than I know - but I have Lange Banshees - had the Surefoot liners (read cold) - have put the ZipFits in and they are really warm. Still - they are cold and you should not have to pay more $ for your toes not falling off. HotTronics? I dont know why they are so cold - they just are. My girlfriend has Nordica Superchargers or something and never complains about cold feet but would use a handwarmer in 40 degree weather?

^ Cold feet has to be due to fit no? Liners can't be that different right? I am interested in the RS 130 wides, but still haven't pulled the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by SLSki View Post
    When did Lange lose it?
    Lange lost it with their freeride boot from two years ago. I have the Rossi branded version (B-Squad Pro 130 Carbon). The forward lean and aggressive ramp were obscene in those boots. Even with the spoiler removed, the boot puts me so far forward that I literally can't ski with a neutral stance. I hate skiing pow with these boots, hate it. Especially since I can't pressure the front of the boot while weighting my heel. Also, the toe box was quite narrow on those. Last time I checked, most people's feet get wider at the toes.

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    tried on the rs130 (narrow, 97) last night. perfect snug fit out of the box. no work needed.

it's funny tho that you can't get the rubber soles/replaceable on the rx series in a 97 width, just the plastic sole. so i may as well just get the rs 130 for next year. as much as i love my scarpa typhoons, i'll be doing ALL of my skiing/touring on my new rs130's when i get them this spring/summer. amazing boot. and MUCH lighter than my old comp 120's.

rog
    If you can, wait for next year. The RX130 Pros (97mm) are getting the replaceable toe and heel. I passed on this year's boot, and my bootfitter has a pair of next years reserved for me when they hit stores in November. Same exact boot except for the replaceable toe and heel and it comes in translucent green instead of orange. I have no idea why they didn't do it this year too. Especially since my Rossis and the Langes from that year (98mm) both have them.

In any case, I LOVE what Lange did with this boot. For years I've been craving a boot with room in the toe box. It never made sense to me why the toe box in so many boots would get narrow both width and height wise. I mean, why do you need a snug toe fit anyway. It does nothing. As long as the fit is snug from the front of your metatarsals back and around your ankle, that's all that matters. I'm sick of mashing my toes because the toe box is too snug. And no, I'm not in the back seat. I'm losing toenails despite the fact they're cut way back behind the front of my toe. I think they're either catching or banging on the top of the toe box. Anyway, no more smashed toes in these. Also the upright stance and relatively neutral ramp are awesome. I tried the Langes on along with the Ghosts and the Langes are even a little more upright with the spoiler removed. It's exactly what I want in a freeride boot. I dig the liner too. The little things like the pre-cut slot in the back for hotronics are pretty nice. I can't wait to get these next year.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

THANK YOU^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

will def wait for the new boot.

rog

2012 Lange RX 130 Pro - short video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gniyblc1HA

Sorry - suck at interwebz

Not a lange but I will throw this out there....Tecnica Inferno 130. I have a narrow heel but a 112mm last per my bootfitter. one punch upfront by the 6th toe and I am good to go. They relaxed the forward lean on these relative to the Agent 130 so they ski much better.

I tried on the rx 130 wide and it just felt goofy up front (width was ok, but the height made it feel like I was swimming) and the heel hold wasnt nearly as good.
    60% of the time, it works every time.

Some people are saying if you dont like the 130 just remove the bolts to soften it. THATS THE WORST THING YOU CAN DO. if you remove the bolts you kill the rebound and snap of the boot. Best way to soften a boot is have a shop cut it down or v cut it. Usually at my shop the charge is around 30 bucks so nothing crazy. Best way to see if the 130's are the way to go is put both on and click into a set of ski's with both boots. Try to flex them in the cold and if you can flex them go with the 130s if not the 120s. If you ski tree's a lot as well I would reccomend the softer boot. Stiff boots in tight tree's or bump line will make you hate life. There's a reason why so many backcountry skier's ski a krypton or full tilt. soft flex=easy trees.

skibum247, from Lange direct:
    to soften any of the RS/RX boots take the top spine screw out 6% softer, bottom one 12% softer, both 20% softer.
    because the ankle rivet position is further back and higher than any of the previous generations of boots taking the spine bolts out shouldn't "kill the rebound and snap of the boot"
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Pretty reputable boot fitter just told me to take the bolts out as well - as I was concerned about not being able to get a 97mm 120 flex - said not to cut - because i would want the 130 in the Spring and to throw the bolts back in.

NO, Liners can make a huge difference...it isn't about fit. I am in a tight fit for sure, but they work after punches etc.

My Nordica Speedmachines were a super warm boot, I just wanted a stiffer tighter boot. I got both of those, but my feet get freezing cold in anything under 30 degrees. AND, I ski in shell jackets when it is freezing outside. I have never gotten cold like this in my life.

I am bringing them back in this week. The liners suck major balls.

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    Not to hijack but anyone feel like the rubber soles are getting torn up a little faster than expected?

how much are they to replace? anyone have a link to new ones?
    i have SUpper banshee from last year which sounds exactly like RX130 and I've as yet seen any wear on the rubber. Though i never put boots on in parking lot only in lodge.
    Last edited by DougW; 09-19-2011 at 10:18 AM.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50 View Post
    Lange lost it with their freeride boot from two years ago. I have the Rossi branded version (B-Squad Pro 130 Carbon). The forward lean and aggressive ramp were obscene in those boots.

If you can, wait for next year. The RX130 Pros (97mm) are getting the replaceable toe and heel. I
    I have the Banshees - the lean is a bit more than the new RX. On the replaceable toe/heel - you could get it milled and then a plate, right? Reason I am asking is I have a pair of 130 Pro's (Orange) on my feet now and am debating on sending them back and waiting for 2012 or just going with them - they feel so nice, stacked and I really want out of the Banshees (multiple reasons). Getting on a plane tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by givethepigeye View Post
    I have the Banshees - the lean is a bit more than the new RX. On the replaceable toe/heel - you could get it milled and then a plate, right? Reason I am asking is I have a pair of 130 Pro's (Orange) on my feet now and am debating on sending them back and waiting for 2012 or just going with them - they feel so nice, stacked and I really want out of the Banshees (multiple reasons). Getting on a plane tomorrow.
    You can definitely have them milled. My bootfitter/ski tech had a pair of this year's left in my size and offered to add the replaceable rubber toe and heel to them. The guy is a magician and I totally trust him to do this. I was really tempted since I love this boot, but my wallet said I should wait until next year. If you have a really good bootfitter/tech that you trust to do this work, go for it.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

PowTron, if you like everything about the except cold feet why not make a liner switch and keep the shells? (Or add Hot tronics)

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    PowTron, if you like everything about the except cold feet why not make a liner switch and keep the shells? (Or add Hot tronics)
    I am thinking that is what I am going to do...the liner switch. But I am going to make the shop pay to do it, as they "assured me" that I would have no issues .

Good luck, it took power wraps to get my feet warm in Banshee Pros. I am excited for a new tong liner from intuition.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcosmo65 View Post
    Sounds good. BTW if anyone is looking I just bought a used size 9 intuition power wrap liner on EBay. The liner is too small for me. I am a size 27.5 or 9.5 and thought it might work but it is just too short for my toes. If interested let me know.
    Sorry - the ZipFits in the new RX Pro shell are money. I will be keeping them.

PowTron - the Zips are warm - neoprene and fake fur in the toes

robnow: If you do go RS it seems like more and more shops with sole planers are able to install the rubber DIN inserts so you wouldn't lose out there except for some extra cost. Another consideration for RS is whether or not you need some more serious sole planing for canting issues. But really, if you aren't racing, its nicer having the slightly more comfortable liner and elastic powerstraps of the RX.

I need to have my boots canted (by planing the soles), and with my existing boots, they are very slippery. I don;t understand your comment on the Rs. If you grind the soles to cant them, why is the RS better?

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    I need to have my boots canted (by planing the soles), and with my existing boots, they are very slippery. I don;t understand your comment on the Rs. If you grind the soles to cant them, why is the RS better?
    I believe I was comparing both wide versions of the RX(w/ rubber DIN inserts) and the RS(plastic soles). The RS should have more material to work with and probably enough to have canting work done and be able to have rubber inserts attached if one wanted. The RX probably does not have enough plastic to work with...I'm assuming.

Mute point between the narrow versions of both as lowers are the same.

I just footfucked some RX130 in the shop, 11-12s, man are those things sweet. Has something changed in the mold of lange boots, my last pair before my krypton pros, had a really unsmooth flex, really jerky and then would just slam to the end of the flex. Granted it was 65 degrees in the store, but everything about those new rx's felt awesome, although the power strap leaves a little to be desired (it's not as elastic as a real booster).

going to make a very interesting decision once my kryptons get up there towards 300 days come the end of the season... tracker 130, rx 130, new krypton, good stuff.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Just got myself into a pair of RS 130 wide blue chunks. I am supposed to get hooked with a pair of the RX soles too, but we will see on that.

Flex is too difficult for me to determine in a store, but I hope they compare or are even stiffer than my garmont shamans on snow.

Had one pair of mid 90s lange boots before that were way too low volume for my own good. These feel great having not skied on em yet.

There is rubber in the RS (blue) plastic that is not in the RX (orange/green). We have a lot of RS that lost their punches over the summer and went back to the stock shape.

Boot board in the RX feels like it is noticeably flatter then the RS. They both feel like your heel is on one plateau and your toes/ball of foot are on another. In the RS boot board, it feels like the heel plateau is higher then it is on the RX.

Very little difference in the new RX and RS liners.