Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    I think maybe the insole changes, but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    a bootshop guy told me lange doesnt change anything in half sizes except the stickers, is this true???
    so 26.0 is the same as 26.5
    I knew the shell is the same, but i thought the liner changes.
    he said they dont even do that anymore.
    Lange did away with the whole sizes 2 years ago- I.e., when you order from Lange the sizes are, 25.5, 26.5, 27.5. There was no difference, at one time it was a different footbed, but same shell/liner in the whole sizes. Makes it a whole lot easier for the shops to order, etc.
    "He thinks the carpet pissers did this?"

Correct.
    "What could possibly go wrong?"

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50 View Post
    Not entirely correct. If you have a really good boot fitter, you can have them grind down the soles on the RS so that they can attach the vibram pieces from the RX. They can order the vibram pieces from Lange. They're replaceable after all. My boot fitter offered to do it to last year's RX 130 Pro (now the RX 130 LV) since they didn't come with the vibram for whatever reason.
    Can you give me their name? I have the Orange 97mm ones - would like to have that done.
    Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    Most of us are trying to have fun, not be Luke Skywalker and blow up the fucking death star, save the galaxy, and be the coolest Jedi at the next movie premier.

Quote Originally Posted by givethepigeye View Post
    Can you give me their name? I have the Orange 97mm ones - would like to have that done.
    Any Surefoot should do it, the Whistler one does anyway and I would assume the others. Otherwise any competent race shop that sells Lange/Rossi and has a boot planer(what they use for real canting).

What rob said. My boot fitter is in Tahoe, so might be a bit of a trip for you. You just need to find someone that knows how to do boot planing and they should be able to handle it.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

I just got back from seeing my buddy who works at Surefoot and he said that the RX 130 low volume (the ones with the 97mm last instead of 100mm) will work well for me, but he and the other guys in the shop kind of left the shell sizing up to me.

Both of my feet are 274mm long, one is 97mm wide and the other is 95mm wide. They showed me the Lange chart that they have posted in the back of the shop which shows the length of the inside of the shell and according to it, I should be in a 27 shell since 270mm foot length is the longest that Lange recommends for the size 26 shell. But they also said that with a lot of punching work etc that I could fit into a 26 shell and have a more performance fit (according to said Lange chart, I would have 11mm of room in the 26 shell). I'm not sure what I should do. If I go with the 27 shell I will have 21mm of room between my heel and the shell (still less than 1 inch which I suppose is still acceptable). I do want a performance fit, but I tried on a 26 RS Lange shell with no liner and it was _really_ fucking tight. Pretty sure I would have to endure some serious agony before I got a 26 to work for me.

WWMD? Right now I am leaning towards the 27

(Right now I am in a 27 Nordica shell and I don't really have an issue with the length, just the width)
    Last edited by JaytaeMoney; 02-10-2012 at 07:23 PM.

The length of my feet are within a mm of what yours are, but they are quite wide at 105mm. I ended up in the size 26 RX130 with some major punches to widen them out. I didn't have the toe areas punched out, but I still might. Overall, the boot is very tight with the regular liner. The bottom two buckles don't need any tension at all. Even though I don't have any pressure points or sore spots, it still took about about a week to get used to how tight they were. My foot fits the shell instead of the liner now and the difference in feel on my skis is huge. I've owned a number of custom and semi custom boots, Strolz and Daleboot, in the past ten years and this is the smallest sized boot I've ever used. With the precision canting and sole grinding I'm finally in the boot I've been looking for since I started skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post

WWMD? Right now I am leaning towards the 27
    Im not a bootfitter, but in the RX130 Pro (the LV, Orange version) - have Surefoot beds and on the bottom hand written: L=284/103 R=287/104. Was originally in the 28.5 (per "the chart") and that lasted about 3 days until I was swimming in it. Find a fitter you trust.

My shell size in RX130 a 27.5/316 and I am actually thinking of trying a 26 - YMMV as no 2 feet are the same. There is some room in the toe and the forefoot on mine, use Zips and use a Bontex shim. Don't have a sure answer for you - just a point of reference. Easier to make a boot shell larger, than smaller, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    Most of us are trying to have fun, not be Luke Skywalker and blow up the fucking death star, save the galaxy, and be the coolest Jedi at the next movie premier.

Just popped by my local skishop(the only skishop..) here in Frankfurt and ordered a pair of Lange XT 130. I will get them in 3 days. I have been skiing on a pair of BD Factor for almost 3 years and pretty fed up with the quality. 3-4 buckets, 3 times walk mode and 4 broken inner bottom soles. Been reading some great reviews but couldnt find anything here(I know its the 12/13 model). Anyone out there with some experience?

I bought the RX130s, which MiniGadget promptly took over when I cracked my noggin in December. Beyond how well they ski, one of the things I like about the RX130 is the ability to tune the flex - which means if you bought the 130s instead of the 110s or 120s you're not SOL. According to the owner's manual I received with my new RX 130s:

If you remove the top screw from the back of the cuff, you will soften the boot 6%.

If you remove the bottom screw from the back of the cuff, you will soften the boot 12%.

If you remove both screws from the back of the cuff, you will soften the boot 20%.

Now that I've seen the new XT series, I just may let MG keep the RX130s. I haven't been in a pair of Langes for nearly 30 years and had forgotten how great they ski. You used to need a Lange foot to ski them comfortably, but not so much anymore. Now if they could just make them a little warmer.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein