Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I pulled the trigger on the rx 130 (in the 100mm last) I was able to size down form a 26.0 Head Mojo xp to a 25 shell. The fit in the store was great, the felx felt great to me i would sae the felx fells similar to my mojo xp, but it felt smother. Looking forward to skiing on these.
    If ski companies didn't make new skis every year I wouldn't have to get new skis every year.

www.levelninesports.com
    http://skiingyeti.blogspot.com/

FWIW - I've had the opportunity to play with both the RS130 and 140, and have come to the conclusion the only difference is the liner, and the sticker that says "140".
    Who cares how the crow flies

First day on rs 130 wides. Definitely happy overall for a boot that hasn't been fitted yet. On the bad side, the front of the heel pocket on both boots pressured the front of my heels giving em the bruised heel feeling. Hopefully just break in period jitters.

Hey guys, I've been working with the Colorado Dynastar/Lange rep for the last few months and just wanted to answer the questions that have popped up throughout this thread.

First, the RS and RX shells are the exact same, made in the same mold with the same plastic. You guys were spot on for the differences in the RS/RX130: liner, rubber soles on RX, strap, footbed. And yes, they stiffen up A LOT in the cold. The RX 130 skis nowhere near as soft as it flexes at room temp.

Lange completely re did all the molds for their boots several years ago, last years boots were the first year they brought the new molds to production after 5-6 years of development. The new shell has a reduced forward lean (17 to 12 degrees, 16 w/ spoiler) and ramp angle (7 degrees to 4 degrees).

also... Lange touring boot is in the works for next year and possibly a dynafit version for 13/14. hopefully I'll be able to sneak a pic sometime in the next month or two.
    Last edited by NWskibum; 11-21-2011 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NWskibum View Post
    also... Lange touring boot is in the works for next year and possibly a dynafit version for 13/14. hopefully I'll be able to sneak a pic sometime in the next month or two.
    !!!!
    If you can't dig it, you ain't got no shovel

I also got a set of the walking din soles the rx utilize and they fit on the rs wides. Most mags likely went with the rx anyhow if they wanted the 100 last.

I just got a new lange rx 100 with a surefoot foam liner. I am worried it will be too soft for the way I ski, but i'm pretty thin 175lbs 6'2'', anyone know if this is going to be too soft?

Anybody know what year they changed the forward lean angle from 16* to 12*? Got a line on some of the 10/11 model in Gear Swap, and I'm trying figure out which fwd lean they have.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

^The forward lean on the orange 10/11s is the same as the current models

yup, last years (10/11) boots were the first ones with the updated forward lean/ramp angle

Quote Originally Posted by checo View Post
    I just got a new lange rx 100 with a surefoot foam liner. I am worried it will be too soft for the way I ski, but i'm pretty thin 175lbs 6'2'', anyone know if this is going to be too soft?
    The surefoot liner will stiffen the boot beyond the listed 100 flex. You should be fine.

Broke in my new RX 130's the other day and they definitely stiffen up in the cold (in a good way).

12 degrees... mmmmm.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Picked them up last week and put them on snow the next day. Only thought in my head all day was...

OMFG!!! YES!!!
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

So I got 6 days in the RS 140's, and FWIW here is my impression;
    - I like the more upright angles.
    - They're actually fairly light weight comparatively.
    - Definitely stiffens-up in the cold, but not a beast by any means.
    - I'm surprised that after 6 days I feel like I'm already packing out the liner in the forefoot and ankle pocket ... probably going to a zip fit or conformable.

Overall impression is that they rock
    Who cares how the crow flies

Quote Originally Posted by ARLOthePEAR View Post
    Also, apparently Lange is having problems with the imitation booster strap thing fraying. I was told by the Lange rep that they will be replacing the straps at the factory as the year goes on. If yours frays, your local shop should be able to get a new replacement strap from Lange for you for no charge.
    I just ordered direct from Lange a set of the '12 RX 130 cam lock straps to put on my '11 RX 130s and received them today. I don't know if it's because of the fraying issue, but the straps they sent me are the WC straps that you see on the '12 RS 140 and are slightly different from the straps on the '12 RX 130 (and completely different from the straps on the RS 130). Also, other than the metal cam lock, these are nothing like Booster straps as they are not elastic at all (the raison d'etre of the Boosters). The whole strap thing is bizarre - last year Lange had the elastic power straps on both the RS 130 and RX 140 and cam lock WC strap only on the RS 140, and this year they kept the elastic power strap on the RS 130 but switched the RX 130 to a modified cam lock WC strap (the only modification may be the color scheme - I'm not sure). Hard to imagine that the designers at Lange decided the WC strap works best on the RS 140 and the RX 130 but not on the RS 130.
    "What could possibly go wrong?"

Quote Originally Posted by krick View Post
    I just ordered direct from Lange a set of the '12 RX 130 cam lock straps to put on my '11 RX 130s and received them today. I don't know if it's because of the fraying issue, but the straps they sent me are the WC straps that you see on the '12 RS 140 and are slightly different from the straps on the '12 RX 130 (and completely different from the straps on the RS 130). Also, other than the metal cam lock, these are nothing like Booster straps as they are not elastic at all (the raison d'etre of the Boosters). The whole strap thing is bizarre - last year Lange had the elastic power straps on both the RS 130 and RX 140 and cam lock WC strap only on the RS 140, and this year they kept the elastic power strap on the RS 130 but switched the RX 130 to a modified cam lock WC strap (the only modification may be the color scheme - I'm not sure). Hard to imagine that the designers at Lange decided the WC strap works best on the RS 140 and the RX 130 but not on the RS 130.
    Dude, I would LOVE to hear your feelings on all the different bra straps encountered....
    "He thinks the carpet pissers did this?"

I'll do a day with the elastic power strap on one foot, the WV cam lock strap on the other foot and a magnum jock strap in between.

Got a pair of the RX 130 Pro(97mm last). My foot is hard to fit, hammer toes, high instep, narrow ankle. I was skiing in a salomon Falcon 110. The Rx has a more anatomical fit and skis a little stiffer. Really dig the rubber on the sole, so nice to walk around in. This is probably the best skiing boot I've owned. Plenty snug without cutting off circulation. Plenty stiff when skiing even though they felt soft inside the house. Aside from putting some Insta-fit foot beds in, I haven't had to grind or stretch em anywhere. If it fits I don't think you can go wrong with these.

Quote Originally Posted by NWskibum View Post
    My prayers have been answered . . . just move up that time frame for Dynafit compatibility a year please! Yesss sir!
    The Passion is in the Risk

2 questions: Anyone using the stock liners that has not heat molded them, and if so, why? Also, are you guys using or tossing the rear spoilers?

Haven't heat molded the liners of mine. Don't really see the point for me. No problems yet with the fit. I took the rear spoilers out because I have big calves and need the room.

Never heat molded mine, took the rear spoilers out. Got a 132 days in the stock liner. Love em'
    "He thinks the carpet pissers did this?"

So I just bought my bro a pair of the 10/11 RX 130. He said they fit his foot once he got them on, but that they were basically impossible to put on. I figured, hey it's my brother, he's kind of an idiot (j/k), we'll figure it out when he gets home. But he brought them home, and I tried to try them on this morning without him around. I gave up after a few minutes and went to work.

I've never had this much trouble getting a boot on. I have a low arch and a D-width foot, and generally slip my feet easily into boots with which others have trouble. He has a very similar foot, maybe a little wider. I had my brother try a pair of RX 120s on in a local shop (they didn't have the RX 130, which is why I bought online), and getting them on wasn't an issue at all. What gives? It appears that the lower just doesn't want to spread enough to accommodate my ankle. I find it really hard to believe that's a function of the 130 flex. Does anybody else have this problem? Is it specific to this vintage? We're gonna see if another shop in the area has this year's 27.5 130 to see if it's any different, but I'm super confused right now.

Advice appreciated.
    Last edited by auvgeek; 12-22-2011 at 03:31 PM.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

I ditched the rear spoilers and have not heat molded the liners, but I might to ease them up on my instep a bit if another day or two of packing doesn't do the trick.

@auvgeek - I have a perfectly tight fit and the first time I tried to put them on in the cold I had some trouble, but after really yanking on the tongue to pull the side pieces apart to get in there, it hasn't been a problem ever since.