Page 74 of 85 FirstFirst ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 2107
    Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    I always loved the HH binders.

Will be testing out the nu for me TTS rig this weekend at WG.

Pretty stoked as i have been wanting to do this for a while.

Attachment 482496
    Attachment 482497
    Attachment 482498
    I may have missed an earlier post about this, but did you add tech inserts to these boots?

Negative, the boots had tech inserts from the Crispi factory.
    watch out for snakes

PSA for a well liked ski drilled for outlaws:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1705009531.728146.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	427.2 KB 
ID:	482572
    "Not all who wander are lost"

Telemark skiing is dead.

Now that we got a base I’m gonna bust out the new sticks! Although it does kind of seem like a renegade storm cycle. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1705071552.752871.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	482677

Nice setup jmedslc. I've been intrigued both by the ripsticks as well as the Outlaws, which at this point is one of the few tele bindings I haven't tried yet.

Seeking advice...

I broke my alpine boots broke so I took my OLD tele setup out which consist of Garmont Ener-g boots, Fischer Big Stix 106 with G3 Targas. I had a blast. I am not really trying to spend a giant wad of cash to upgrade but I suppose I at least need new bindings even thought the Targas are still GTG. I have never made one turn on NTN but I guess I need to start building a new rig. I have been obsessing about new AT boot and tech bindings (for touring, obviously) but I figure fuck it, I am as capable in any terrain and condition on pins as I am on Alpine/AT so why not go that route...Anyway, my replacement alpine boots are 50/50 and I have Duke PTs and Cast

I am all ears.

Cheapest thing would be replace with newer 75 mm bindings and keep the rest of the rig.

If you’re coming from ener-g’s you’re probably going to be happiest with the beefy scarpa ntn boots (tx-comp), which is what I did, or one of the beefier crispi boots.

Anybody got any extra Tele oriented iron-on patches?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by aBradAbroad View Post
    Anybody got any extra Tele oriented iron-on patches?
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Eastside, I was thinking of selling off some DPS skis & if it helps you out I’m happy to pull off the Rottefella Freedom bindings to sell to you for $ 225.

It’s my favorite do it all NTN binding for resort/tours/sidecountry. One of the only tele bindings I’ve never broken
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastside View Post
    Seeking advice...

I have never made one turn on NTN but I guess I need to start building a new rig. I have been obsessing about new AT boot and tech bindings (for touring, obviously) but I figure fuck it, I am as capable in any terrain and condition on pins as I am on Alpine/AT so why not go that route...Anyway, my replacement alpine boots are 50/50 and I have Duke PTs and Cast

I am all ears.
    FWIW- You ask 5 free heelers and you are going to get 6 answers to your question

If I was to start from scratch building a tech toe tele setup, this is the direction that I would go:

Name:	Image1705161648.201245.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	159.4 KB 
ID:	482780
    Crispi Evo
    +

Name:	Image1705161672.305789.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	108.6 KB 
ID:	482781
    Meidjo 3.0

I currently have no need for a tech toe, so my current collection of Rotte Freerides will suffice. (I was an early adopter to NTN and never branched out to try other NTN bindings as I have been happy with Freerides)

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Eastside, I was thinking of selling off some DPS skis & if it helps you out I’m happy to pull off the Rottefella Freedom bindings to sell to you for $ 225.

It’s my favorite do it all NTN binding for resort/tours/sidecountry. One of the only tele bindings I’ve never broken
    I will consider that, Thanks!

Man I feel dumb for asking this but can the Crispis with the heel insert be used as an AT boot as well? I mean, take that boot out with a tech binding equipped ski? Obviously the answer is yeas but how do they ski? The Crispi and the Meidjo seem like a good setup for me what I have in mind. Slam the bindings on a Moment Meridian tour and I'm set. Right?

Yes, they can be used as AT boots, but the bellows need to be supported when in downhill mode, to keep the bellows from flexing and causing a pre-release. This can be accomplished with a puck/shim with a regular tech AT binding, or with the binding itself, e.g., if you are using the Meidjo with their alpine heel option.

They'll probably ski OK in AT mode (I used Scarpa TX NTN boots as AT boots for a couple years back when they first came out), but they're not going to ski as well as a modern AT boot of similar size, and they're going to be heavier and have less ROM while touring than a comparable AT boot.

Also, I recommend you demo NTN gear, if at all possible, before buying boots and bindings. They're going to ski a lot differently than your Ener-G/Targa setup. You may love it, but you may not.

Actually my advice, based on many years of advising tele skiers looking to make the switch, is don’t fall into the trap of demoing NTN for a day or two and basing your purchase decision on that short experience. If you’re like most tele skiers used to the shitty ski/boot interface of a G3 or O2 or whatever, your technique will need significant adaptation as you experience actual power being delivered to the edges.

Essentially all tele skiers I know are on NTN now; roughly 50% swore years ago they’d never switch to NTN after they demo’d it years ago.

In other words, if you can put together an affordable rig (a new pair of Meijdos obviously doesn’t fit that objective) just take the plunge.

I had friends BITD who didn’t want to adopt disc brakes on their mtbs based on a demo ride. Guess how many of them use disc brakes now?
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

^^^ What Fro said. There are a few that made the jump quickly, but most of us mere mortals took at least 3-4 days to just begin to get comfortable with the incredibly increased edging.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    ^^^ What Fro said. There are a few that made the jump quickly, but most of us mere mortals took at least 3-4 days to just begin to get comfortable with the incredibly increased edging.
    X2

For me it was a combination of breaking in new boots that were stiffer than my worn in 75mm, new skis + a more active NTN set up. Give it a half dozen days and you will be sold

Unless it’s free, I don’t see getting anymore 75mm stuff. The hunt for NTN is on and I expect a learning curve.

Thanks

x3 to what frorider said, I started the same response a while ago but then I saw a squirrel.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

My experience was that ntn rentals were very limited (looked in mammoth last season).

There’s a new scarpa ntn boot coming out next season, which may mean more used ntn boots will enter the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    x3 to what frorider said, I started the same response a while ago but then I saw a squirrel.
    You make me laugh

Not sure where you are Eastside, but 22 Designs has a demo tour ongoing in the western US now: https://www.twentytwodesigns.com/demotour.html
    My guess is they'll have both the Outlaw and Lynx bindings, TX Pro and TX Comp boots, and I think a selection of Moment and Voile skis.

I saw that demo tour. Too bad i missed the Sierra at Tahoe. I heard about the new Scarpa for next year as I was trying on the TX pros. Sounds like it might be worth waiting for but I definitely have Veruca Salt syndrome when it comes to stuff like this.

Telemark skiing is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Nice setup jmedslc. I've been intrigued both by the ripsticks as well as the Outlaws, which at this point is one of the few tele bindings I haven't tried yet.
    Happy to loan any of my setups out. Gimme a shout.

Yesterday was inbounds variable windblown pow and today was similar backcountry explorations and they skied great. Very similar handling to my 3 year old non black ripsticks. The black edition eats up crud better, likes to go faster and is probably a little more cumbersome in slow speed maneuvers but was manageable all day no problem. Prolly gonna hit solitude tomorrow. Might try for Alta Monday depending on storm output.

What year was the Dobish Sucks video? First vid I saw of someone trying NTN.

I haven't come out as trans yet. But with the end of boots, it's inevitable. I hope my years on old Bishops will make the transition easier.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I haven't come out as trans yet. But with the end of boots, it's inevitable. I hope my years on old Bishops will make the transition easier.
    IMO- If you are currently a 75mm Bishop adopter, you will find the transition fairly intuitive. I had 01’s and Bishops before the NTN and it was more along the lines of “ok this is how I need to adjust” vs “what the hell did I get myself into”. Starting on Rotte Freerides and Comps, I found that I could not go as low; I needed to adopt a more upright stance.