Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Organic peanut butter

What am i suppose to do with all this oil sitting on top? Mixing it in....inside this jar seems unreasonable. Pour it out? Seems like it has a purpose?

what to do?
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Edit: nevermind, this is the padded room. Duh.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

Mix it back in or your peanut butter will turn into a cement brick.

Poor it on your bases and iron it in. Sit back and enjoy the nutty aroma while admiring your resourcefulness.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

doughboyshredder Guest
    How do you not already know this? Are you ten?

Three words: Adam's No Stir

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    Hey man not everyone knows the base lubrication trick.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by hafilax View Post
    Mix it back in or your peanut butter will turn into a cement brick.
    Make sure you yell at anyone using the peanut butter without stirring it first also or this will happen toward the end of the jar

Firstly, switch to almond butter, its better for you.

Secondly, store the PB upside down (and/or) in the 'fridge.
    Fo Realz'

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    this.

the typical emulsifier-free peanut butter jar has a clear statement on the label saying 'stir the shit out of this before using'.

is reading taught in montucky?

stir the hell out of it (carefully or the entire jar will be coated in oil) then refrigerate so it doesn't separate again.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Hugh Conway Guest
    Danno is cuckolded for crunchy peanut butter

In Paia, Maui, at Mana foods (one of earths finest food stores) they have a grinder machine with the big hopper of peanuts on top. There is a stack of containers, you flick the switch and hold your container and warm fresh ground goodness comes oozing down...Fluffy, warm and the best butter of the peanut ever anywhere.

They have a almond butter one right next to it for 4x the price.

This info only can marginally help you, unless I bring you some later this month, but maybe you can put your whole jar in the food processor and give it a few bumps to fluff it up....

__________________________________________________ ________________
    Originally Posted by Baby Black Jesus-
    "I can't use a Mac I choke easily so sucking big dicks is out for me"

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    is reading taught in montucky?
    Alabama then Montucky so in fairness he really had no shot at learning to read.

Once you can stir the oil in without touching it, you have arrived Grasshopper.......

Isn't this the bitch of the thing. It doesn't seem to matter how hard I try the oil gets on the outside and there still ends up being a brick in the bottom.

Maybe dump oil into stainless bowl, chisel concrete from bottom into bowl. Mix and return to container.
    Seems like a couple years ago I found a blended organic PB that didn't separate. Probably had some sort of plastic added to it to keep it in suspension. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by skuba View Post
    you can let it free and be as stupid as possible

Thread Killer
    I would like to see your point of view but I can't get my head that far up your ass.

Stick with Skippy or Jif. It's obvious that eating organic has not made you better, stronger, or smarter.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Alabama, Wyoming, Montucky, Colorado....what is this reading you speak of?

For the record, on the stuff from Costco, it doesn't say stir.

I've been off peanut butter since I was 10, but have recently discovered its magical goodness again. The wife uses it in this awesome homemade bars she makes but I just have started bringing a jar to work. This oil is confusing. It is like an ancient puzzle. The butter is so thick that it is hard to stir and now the outside of the jar is slippery as hell. Practice....practice.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Everyone says the non-emulsified stuff is "good for you", I think it's a pain in the ass. Stirring it is difficult. If you stir it and put it in the fridge it stays mixed, but then it's hard and tears the bread up when you use it. Why are emulsifiers bad for you, now?
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

Quote Originally Posted by counterfeitfake View Post
    Everyone says the non-emulsified stuff is "good for you", I think it's a pain in the ass. Stirring it is difficult. If you stir it and put it in the fridge it stays mixed, but then it's hard and tears the bread up when you use it. Why are emulsifiers bad for you, now?
    I have found that well stirred PB put in the fridge stays fairly creamy and spreadable, not hard. :shrug:
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I use a spoon to mix it up, and find that twirling it does a good job of moving the concrete to the top. We go through PB pretty quickly, but I've found that once it's stirred up really well, it stays mixed enough that the fridge isn't really necessary.

Storing upside-down is also solid advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Crampedon View Post
    In Paia, Maui, at Mana foods (one of earths finest food stores) they have a grinder machine with the big hopper of peanuts on top. There is a stack of containers, you flick the switch and hold your container and warm fresh ground goodness comes oozing down...Fluffy, warm and the best butter of the peanut ever anywhere.

They have a almond butter one right next to it for 4x the price.

This info only can marginally help you, unless I bring you some later this month, but maybe you can put your whole jar in the food processor and give it a few bumps to fluff it up....

__________________________________________________ ________________
    Originally Posted by Baby Black Jesus-
    "I can't use a Mac I choke easily so sucking big dicks is out for me"

^^^FTW!!!!

When I was in Maui a few years back, I was staying at a place in Makawao and i'd make the ~20 minute drive to Mana everyday just for the amazing food in that piece of heaven. And, the little bistro across the street had good eats as well, and showed movies on a big screen once a week. Cool place.

Fats-

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I have found that well stirred PB put in the fridge stays fairly creamy and spreadable, not hard. :shrug:
    maybe i just need to fix myself a PB & JONG sandwich
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

SWEET, I actually have the answer to this one! It took me AGES to figure it out, which says quite a bit about my mental prowess.

We keep our Cashew Butter and Peanut Butter in the cabinet (even when open) and every morning when I'm making the kids sandwiches I store it the opposite way up/down than the way I find it.

Believe it or not just the act of flipping it over and letting gravity pull the oils from the bottom to the top will fully mix it. Every time I open the jar it's completely mixed / no oil on the top.

Tiny life hack.

i would get some real peanut butter like jif, then pour some oil in with the jif; mix those 2 and eat the improved jif. throw that organic shit out.

its obvious that it seperates itself as the oil or grease, which is what makes jifs so good is not wanted by that natural junk; so its gotta be good tasting; just like thick cut bacon tastes better with all the extra fat.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by Fat City View Post
    ^^^FTW!!!!

When I was in Maui a few years back, I was staying at a place in Makawao and i'd make the ~20 minute drive to Mana everyday just for the amazing food in that piece of heaven. And, the little bistro across the street had good eats as well, and showed movies on a big screen once a week. Cool place.

Fats-
    Yes, the place across the street is now "Cafe Mambo" and they have locally brewed beers, good food, Tapa's ect. Used to be "Picnics" for 25+years, they still have a picnics sign up so no one misses it and keep the famous spinach-nut burger on the menu.

Very mucho hotties working the counter too!

All the way to the left of the pic-