Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

This Just In: Winter Storm Warning for Tahoe Cancelled

...GREATER LAKE TAHOE AREA- 1158 AM PST MON DEC 6 2004
    ... WINTER STORM WARNING CANCELLED FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 8 PM PST TUESDAY...

A WEAK-PUSSIFIED WINTER STORM WILL NOT MOVE INTO THE SIERRA NEVADA TONIGHT INTO TUESDAY. NOWHERE NEAR 2 FEET OF SNOW IS LIKELY BY TUESDAY EVENING IN THE TAHOE BASIN ABOVE 7000 FEET... WITH NOT EVEN THE SLIGHTEST CHANCE OF UP TO A FOOT OF SNOW AT LAKE LEVEL. THE SNOW WILL NOT EVEN SHOW UP TO HAVE THE CHANCE TO BE ACCOMPANIED BY STRONG SOUTHWEST WINDS GUSTING UP TO 50 MPH AT TIMES... WHICH WILL CAUSE CONSIDERABLE BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW OVER THE PASSES AND OTHER EXPOSED AREAS.

SO GIVE UP RIGHT NOW SKIERS AND FORGET ABOUT CALLING IN SICK ON THURSDAY WHEN THE STORM BREAKS AND THE BLUEBIRD COMES OUT...THIS STORM IS GONNA BE AS STRONG AS THE ONE WE HAD ON SATURDAY NIGHT THAT DROPPED 97 FEET OF SNOW IN 60 HOURS AT KIRKWOOD...

I just washed my car....

...twice

classic i +was+ going to get my Spats mounted this week...but there is no point now....

Quote Originally Posted by onehotchili
    no crap... i think i jinxed the last storm by getting my Spats mounted at GC in Truckee last Friday. the last freaking time i sprint to get some fat sticks mounted in time for a storm.
    -hijack- Chili, did you have to bring your own wide brakes in for the mount? or did GC have them on hand and use the mixed set to get the wide asym breaks put on as part of the overall mount costs?

Salomon standard-issue wide brakes for 912 series bindings fit Spats, as far as I know, Markers do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane Meyer
    Salomon standard-issue wide brakes for 912 series bindings fit Spats, as far as I know, Markers do not.
    thanks LM, that's what I figured...but I thought i recall someone here saying that you need those asym wide breaks, and that they/you need to grab 2 sets and swap the long/asym one of ea one, etc to make it all work....

anyway, i am NOT going to get them mounted this week.....

I am glad this shit is not happening, cause I love work

Flakes are starting to accumulate on the deck here on the South shore, let the games begin!

I am glad this shit is not happening, cause I love work
    me too ! even though, the snow line currently bearing down on tahoe is bigger than my skid marks on my jockeys; i'm glad its not going to happen. now, i can continue to re-write this worthless software my boss will never use anyways; instead of watching the webcams all day and doing nada.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

...NINE-DAY BLIZZARDS!!!! OVER THE HEAD FACE SHOTS!!!!! A BUNCH OF OH-NOs, A COLLECTION OF WOWS....THE BLIZZARD...of AAAAHHHHHHSSS!!!!

(Shit...shit...I need to find a place in San Francisco where I can mount some FaGS.....)

Quote Originally Posted by Punani
    ...NINE-DAY BLIZZARDS!!!! OVER THE HEAD FACE SHOTS!!!!! A BUNCH OF OH-NOs, A COLLECTION OF WOWS....THE BLIZZARD...of AAAAHHHHHHSSS!!!!

(Shit...shit...I need to find a place in San Francisco where I can mount some FaGS.....)
    supu, you can roll the dice at lombardi's - that's th only place i would go in sf..otherwise, wait until this storm passes (i am holding off on my spats - don't want to jinx ) and get 'em done in tahoe....

Quote Originally Posted by freshies
    supu, you can roll the dice at lombardi's - that's th only place i would go in sf..otherwise, wait until this storm passes (i am holding off on my spats - don't want to jinx ) and get 'em done in tahoe....
    I heard they charge up the ass!!!! $60? Otherwise I can ski my old Iggy Spatulas for a few runs

Oh come on, Pu. That's like the slowest slow pitch ever.

It's almost as if you intended the pitch to be so slow, hmmmmmm....

I hear there's a nice shop on Poke St.

Also, I just looked up at the sky and it's totally clear and you can see a bunch of stars. And no it didn't just start snowing. In fact there's nothing coming down...nope nothing at all...
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

I just looked up at the sky and it's totally clear and you can see a bunch of stars.
    give it another hour. its just hitting the west side of tahoe. if you still dont see anything, then you can start calling mother nature out for being all talk and no action.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar
    give it another hour. its just hitting the west side of tahoe. if you still dont see anything, then you can start calling mother nature out for being all talk and no action.
    Date: 12/6/04
    Time: 6:50PM PST
    Reason for service call: Damage to SkiCougar's sarcasm meter
    Charge: $10,000,000

Hey, if you guys are in Tahoe, come by Porter's in TC. I can probably hook you up on a mount, and Jeremy is IMHO the best person for mouting skis in Tahoe. Most people at the store have Spatulas that he's done, and we mount about a pair a week.

I heard they charge up the ass!!!! $60? Otherwise I can ski my old Iggy Spatulas for a few runs
    Punani, if you're desperate, Cal Ski Co. in Berkeley is expensive but if you ask specifically for Jeremy, they can get it done. He put some helicoils in for me and let me hang out in the shop and watch over him while he was doing it. He's pretty solid. Going up to Tahoe would still be my first choice however.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside
    Hey, if you guys are in Tahoe, come by Porter's in TC. I can probably hook you up on a mount, and Jeremy is IMHO the best person for mouting skis in Tahoe. Most people at the store have Spatulas that he's done, and we mount about a pair a week.
    hey Darkside, do you know Alex? He was a manager at Porters in TC last winter (came from GC in Truckee), and had hooked me up on a few occassions. Good guy...is he still there?

Ohhhhh...yeah!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by freshies
    hey Darkside, do you know Alex? He was a manager at Porters in TC last winter (came from GC in Truckee), and had hooked me up on a few occassions. Good guy...is he still there?
    I met Alex briefly this summer. He actually moved back to CT to be a stock broker...shitty if you ask me. Guess his dad bought him a condo and a BMW to come back. Never give in to your parents.

I just watched Immersion to get my Tahoe stoke meter up...!

It'll huff and puff and bloooooow the house down. Holy shiat it's windy!!!

And it's still not snowing...nope...not a bit... (<- winky face for SkiCougar)

[Spackler] I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff is gonna come down for quite a while. [/Spackler]
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

...GREATER LAKE TAHOE AREA- 1158 AM PST MON DEC 6 2004
    ... WINTER STORM WARNING CANCELLED FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 8 PM PST TUESDAY...

A WEAK-PUSSIFIED WINTER STORM WILL NOT MOVE INTO THE SIERRA NEVADA TONIGHT INTO TUESDAY. NOWHERE NEAR 2 FEET OF SNOW IS LIKELY BY TUESDAY EVENING IN THE TAHOE BASIN ABOVE 7000 FEET... WITH NOT EVEN THE SLIGHTEST CHANCE OF UP TO A FOOT OF SNOW AT LAKE LEVEL. THE SNOW WILL NOT EVEN SHOW UP TO HAVE THE CHANCE TO BE ACCOMPANIED BY STRONG SOUTHWEST WINDS GUSTING UP TO 50 MPH AT TIMES... WHICH WILL CAUSE CONSIDERABLE BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW OVER THE PASSES AND OTHER EXPOSED AREAS.

SO GIVE UP RIGHT NOW SKIERS AND FORGET ABOUT CALLING IN SICK ON THURSDAY WHEN THE STORM BREAKS AND THE BLUEBIRD COMES OUT...THIS STORM IS GONNA BE AS STRONG AS THE ONE WE HAD ON SATURDAY NIGHT THAT DROPPED 97 FEET OF SNOW IN 60 HOURS AT KIRKWOOD...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guess i'll go to work ..........

Goddamnit Cohee!!! Update your fucking report!!! (10 characters)

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50

Goddamnit Cohee!!! Update your fucking report!!! (10 characters)
    We may be skiing the wood today, NOAA is saying the wind should be going bye-bye later this morning.
    steezarific!!