Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    A young Philipsburg man... died Tuesday from injuries received when he hit a tree... skiing down Claim Jumper, a blue, or intermediate, run on the area's front side. The run has no trees, but is lined by trees on either side.

http://www.mtstandard.com/news/local...cc4c03286.html

Heh. my sister is quoted on alot of those...Glad my suggestion of BodyBag here made it in.
    Drive slow, homie.

Quote Originally Posted by DLD in UT View Post
    Hunter Mtn made the list!? They must have taken into account that you'd be skiing amongst thousands of New Yorkers.
    ^^haha^^

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Punching wealthy kids from Mexico is probably a good way to end up decapitated. It shows how warped I am that this crossed my mind when I read the story. Last thing I ever want is to upset some Dad with connections to any of those cartels!
    link please? i laughed just picturing this scenario....

Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    Heh. my sister is quoted on alot of those...Glad my suggestion of BodyBag here made it in.

i've been skiing CB for allmost 30 years and have know idea where/what bodybag is!

what ever happened to (let's go ski over there)?

Quote Originally Posted by skiATL View Post
    bring your beacons. Watch out for the avy danger...

fuck me....

Ridiculous
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

So close minded.

The scariest runs are after you ingest sushi that's laid out in the sun.
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by capulin overdrive View Post
    i've been skiing CB for allmost 30 years and have know idea where/what bodybag is!

what ever happened to (let's go ski over there)?
    So when you're at the top, you can say "I think I'll go ski ____". Also, if your buddy falls and is injured, you can say something to patrol more constructive than "He fell by that one rock next to the tree by the snow"

I think I knew what bodybag was on my second day skiing CB, to be honest. Although the article and picture are WAY off for bodybag.

Zig Zag, Blackcomb.

Late spring, last run. Proper drunk mixed with high speed, people everywhere, zig zaggin' about is purely mental.

Well that's my interpretation of dangerous.
    Custom hand made Monoskis in Washington. www.whiteknucklemonoskis.com
    All things related to Monoskiing www.monoski.net

No love for the K-12?

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    According to the Daily Beast

1. Corbet's Couloir
    2. La Grave, France
    3. Delirium Dive, Sunshine Village
    4. Body Bag, Crested Butte
    5. Harakiri, Mayrhofen, Austria
    6. Silver King (Crystal Mtn, WA)
    7. El Colorado, Chile
    8. Christmas Chute, Alyeska
    9. The Streif, Kitzbühel
    10. The Lauberhorn, Wengen, Switzerland
    11. Olympiabakken, Kvitfjell, Norway
    12. The Saslong, Val Gardena, Italy
    13. Racer’s Edge, Hunter Mountain
    Like many, I call BS on that list, especially when one reads the commentaries accompanying the "runs," some of which being whole areas (La Grave, Silver King, ...).

one more for the K12

Quote Originally Posted by counterfeitfake View Post
    Yeah, I haven't been there but I have watched dozens of gumbies safely ragdoll their way down that thing via youtube, so I can't believe it's all that dangerous.
    22 years ago i safely rag dolled down it on several percocets and a couple of shots of yukon jack. i had to do it before we left (spring break from florida) and i had broken my collar bone the day before the trip (thus the painkillers and shots).
    when i look back now, i totally ripped it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fear Of A Flat Planet View Post
    one more for the K12

I wonder what the street value of that mountain is?
    Custom hand made Monoskis in Washington. www.whiteknucklemonoskis.com
    All things related to Monoskiing www.monoski.net

At my local hill here in Cincy, Perfect North, its astonishing how many people can hurt themselves on 400 ft of vert. We have quiet the group of patrollers who do a hell of a job keeping up with the endless stream of injuries on a weekend night.

I can understand how they could say all of those are dangerous, but how about they do two lists: one for getting freight trained by a gaper, and one for tomahawking into oblivion.

Really if you were gonna list the 13 most dangerous runs you'd have to pick from any of the close-out lines JT and Cliff Huxtable ran.....

I can't believe that Kitzbuel's Strief didn't make it to the top three!!! WhoTF made that list??? They should have put the word: Hahnenkamm (the actual mountain the Streif is on...more people would know it then).

Never been to Crested Butte...but the Body Bag sounds interesting.

As for Hunter.... I made up my mind years ago that I wanted to take a semester or two off and try my hand at being a ski-bum. I applied too late for most famous mountains, and Hunter Mtn was the only ski area in the country still advertising in the back of Ski Magazine...and so I applied and got hired there as a liftie....and loved it. Not the weekend crowds nor the cheap bastards who only allowed us workers to ski on our two days off...I just loved being a car-less (and careless) ski-bum there...and hanging out with the other ski-bums as equally broke. Wild place, really. More snow on people's living room tables than on the mountain, if I remember right.

But if I remember, they DID have some respectably steep and tough runs there. I'm not sure I got the name's right...but I remember Hellsgate, and K27 as being steep runs. And I can swear they were tougher than Racer's Edge, but it's been awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by turboLT View Post
    not hating, not flaming, but am curious about this stat.

Is that nominal deaths or deaths per skier? I would assume most people ski groomed blues so the traffic would be higher - like more deaths on the interstate vs. my side street.
    Usually it's just one death per skier.
    Living vicariously through myself.