6. Silver King (Crystal Mtn, WA)
    7. El Colorado, Chile
    8. Christmas Chute, Alyeska
    9. The Streif, Kitzbühel
    10. The Lauberhorn, Wengen, Switzerland
    11. Olympiabakken, Kvitfjell, Norway
    12. The Saslong, Val Gardena, Italy
    13. Racer’s Edge, Hunter Mountain

And topping the list of the world's stupidest lists: 1. The World's Most Dangerous Ski Runs, The Daily Beast

La Grave? Huntah? WTFF?????!!!! Surprised Kmart's Outer Limits didn't qualify.
    [quote][//quote]

As soon as you get a death or two on the slopes, leave it to the media to hype a list like this. How run in NY made the list is beyond me.

Hunter Mtn made the list!? They must have taken into account that you'd be skiing amongst thousands of New Yorkers.

And they just throw an entire mountain into the list (La Grave)--kind of like putting out a list of the world's most dangerous cities, and listing The United States as number two. Retahds.
    [quote][//quote]

gunit130 Guest
    How about that green run at Beaver Creek where you run the risk of getting punched in the face?

Love the one on Hunta':

Racer’s Edge—Hunter Mountain, Hunter, New York

With a top elevation of only 3,200 ft. – covered mostly in ice – Hunter Mountain doesn’t offer the most challenging of skiing terrain. The double black diamond run Racer’s Edge is the most formidable on the mountain, with steep, straight lines wide enough to host a bevy of skiers—many of whom, unfortunately, don’t really know what they’re doing. “Never been so scared on a ski hill in my life,” says Hank McKee, Senior Editor of Ski Racing Magazine. “The slopes are jam packed on a weekend day and everybody seems completely out of control. Stopping behind a lift tower was the only safe way to avoid being run into.”
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

I vote all of Mount Hood Meadows. You can die just getting there be it a car fire on the access road or some dick in a suburban outside of govy doing unintentional donuts on the hwy.

and next time I'm in la grave I'm definitely going to ask which way to la grave so I can tick that one off the list.

What a retarded list. Lagrave, obviously isn't a ski "run", and Delerium Dive is a zone, not a run.

I went to the 'boat once last year, what is that area where 3-4 lifts load and all the trails come together? It was a sunday and PLENTY scary! People in jeans hands overhead crossing to get to opposing lifts...

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    And they just throw an entire mountain into the list (La Grave)--kind of like putting out a list of the world's most dangerous cities, and listing The United States as number two. Retahds.
    Or the world's most dangerous wave: Hawaii. I love how Corbets makes every such list that is put together by tourons. The moment you see it on there, you know the list was compiled by someone who doesn't have a clue.
    or don't

Where's Molly Hogan bowl!? Wtf

the Harakiri is the steepest slope in Austria -- so legendary that it draws a large cheering section of ski enthusiasts who watch the more extreme skiers tackle the run from the comfortable six-person chairlift, Knorren, where many often tumble down the length of the run. Named after the Japanese ritual of suicide by samurai, Harakiri is “the world’s steepest groomed slope, with a pitch of 38 degrees,”
    LMFAO....priceless. Who writes this shit?

I board that list in jeans

My favorite "run" at Crystal is a peak located in the sidecountry.

My wife has skied the Saslong and Harakiri multiple times. She will be pleased to learn she is an extreme skier.

Although, that shit is wayyyyy steep. . .

"Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle

I can't stop laughing at this picture.

world's most moronic websites.......the daily beast
    picador

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    Love the one on Hunta':

Racer’s Edge—Hunter Mountain, Hunter, New York

With a top elevation of only 3,200 ft. – covered mostly in ice – Hunter Mountain doesn’t offer the most challenging of skiing terrain. The double black diamond run Racer’s Edge is the most formidable on the mountain, with steep, straight lines wide enough to host a bevy of skiers—many of whom, unfortunately, don’t really know what they’re doing. “Never been so scared on a ski hill in my life,” says Hank McKee, Senior Editor of Ski Racing Magazine. “The slopes are jam packed on a weekend day and everybody seems completely out of control. Stopping behind a lift tower was the only safe way to avoid being run into.”

You know, since they put it that way, kinda makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer View Post
    My wife has skied the Saslong and Harakiri multiple times. She will be pleased to learn she is an extreme skier.

Although, that shit is wayyyyy steep. . .
    Hey JS
    Maybe they were tipping the camera, but if the max is 90 degrees, those pictures looked well over 45 degrees, yet it said Harakiri is 38 degrees. So wtf????
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

All I know is that funneled cat track with about 1,000 different runs merging into it with 1,000 skiers on it at all times down to Chair 39 (Pete's) at Flail is TERRIFYING.

Quote Originally Posted by A2thaK View Post
    I board that list in jeans
    I was trying to think of a witty tgr-centric comment, but this is better than anything I could come up with. I laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by DLD in UT View Post
    Hunter Mtn made the list!? They must have taken into account that you'd be skiing amongst thousands of New Yorkers.
    Yeah. They did actually take that into account. Dumbass list. A 38 degree groomer? zOMG!
    I'm pretty sure I've skied Racer's Edge many times. I don't really remember, since it's not very memorable.
    Also, downhill racing is dangerous, not just the run. If you were just skiing along, it wouldn't be dangerous.
    I'm pretty sure there's more eXtreme stuff on Lone Mountain. In fact I think Snowbowl is moar Xtreemz0rz.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Most inbounds deaths are on groomed blue runs.
    Change is good. You go first.