Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I Had Sex With My Wife Last Night!

Ok, first off, I've got a lot of shit to say tonight, so bear with me.

See the title of my post? I'm sure you did. That probably isn't something most (probably not all) would want to read about, nor would it be something I would talk about. Why? Because that is a personal matter of my own. Where am I going with this? Well, I'll tell ya.

Religion: Something I consider a personal subject.

I realize this message board covers a broad range of subjects. Although skiing is the main topic, we see many other topics broached. Porching, sexy school teachers, etc., we see all of that. But, do we see details of intimate relationships, true emotions? Not really, because those subjects are things we keep inside, things we consider holy.

Lately, no not really lately, for a while I've watched a certain religion be trashed again and again. It's really kinda strange, because whenever any other religion is brought up in a disparging way the dispargers are flamed into oblivion. I seem to remember Blurred once using the term "Jew" in a negative connotation, let's just say it didn't go over well.

But yet time and time again it seems bashing a certain religion is apparently in the vogue. Granted, Utah is a strange state, but not really much more strange than anywhere else. One of the things I find most ironic is that Utah is laughed at for its morality laws. But yet apparently morality isn't just a Utah thing, ergo the Bush victory.

Anyways, what I was trying to get at is that religion is something we keep inside ourselves. Something that only yourself can understand. Each of us has their own beliefs, each of us is entitled to have our own beliefs. Unlike politics, baseball, and quality of powder, religion is something that only yourself can understand your true feelings.

All I'm saying is "Give peace a chance." Have some compassion to what others may think. Don't attempt to break down other's belief structures. Basically, this place isn't the place to discuss topics such as this. If you truly feel the need discuss religion I'm sure you can find plenty of places more suited.

Ok, now onto what else I have to say.

I'M GOING TO THE STRAIGHTLINE CAMP!!!! GT40, I love you man! This message board is truly a special place. I'd probably be gushing a bit if I said this place changed my life, (because quite honestly marrying my wife did that) but it's pretty damn close. This is quite a gathering of kooks and gentle souls we have here. To say I'm excited tonight would be an understatement, I'm simultaneously shitting and pissing my pants. My wife is getting quite tired of doing my laundry.

Although, perhaps it is life-changing. I've decided to quit smoking as of Monday. (Monday, should be out of smokes by then, and gives me a weekend to say goodbye to them.) Not sure I can do it, well, fuck yeah I can. Gotta be ready for the camp.

BobMc

Congrats Bob, you'll have a great time I'm sure! Hopefully your weekend will be full of faceshots as I'm sure it wil be full of fun and great times!
    "Whoever said skiing on fat skis is like having sex with a fat chick, has obviously never had sex with a fat chick." -Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc
    Ok,Anyways, what I was trying to get at is that religion is something we keep inside ourselves. BobMc

Can you tell this to the Jahova's Witnesses and Church of Latter Day Saints that frequent my door?
    More gauze pads, please hurry!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gaper
    Can you tell this to the Jahova's Witnesses and Church of Latter Day Saints that frequent my door?
    Have they been tormenting you on this board? Fill your PM box with religious proposals?

Didn't think so.

BobMc

Bob: love the post. Good luck quitting with the smokes, it's a long hard road, but you probably know that (and this might not be the first time). As for the mormon bashing - half of it is from people with legit gripes (and most of them put it in respectful terms) and half of it is from people who have no clue. Mormon-bashing should be avoided, but respectful discussion of what it's actually like to live in Utah (or if someone wanted to bring up living in Afghanistan, China, whatever) I think is fine. You make it sound like religion is this real deep personal thing, more deep than what most of us talk about here, but I kinda doubt thats the case for most mag/mins. People have shared their experiences with life-threatening illnesses, life transitions, relationships, family, etc. All these things cut real close to the bone of who we are and they make the board a tighter-knit community.

Anyways, i kinda lost track of what i was thinking... Have fun at godry's camp!

Shamrock, I know what you are saying and you are right. But, not many of those topics provoke the same type of replies. For the most part we are a positive group of folks, somehow certain subjects bring out the worst.

All I'm proposing is that we steer away from topics that hit that deeply and provoke such a polarizing reply.

BobMc

Just wanted to say good luck w/ the smokes, and I that I totally agree that ignorant mormon bashing is just, well, ignorant and really not cool. Just b/c you don't care about something doesn't mean noone does. People here wouldn't go around saying crap like that about other maggots, so why does it somehow seem cool to bash on something that is near and dear to alot of people? I don't know. If someone has a legitimate and specific complaint, I can understand that. But to indiscrminately blanket hate on the LDS just b/c you think that the drinking laws suck or something, come on. Good natured joking= appreciated, Negative Bitching= not really appreciated at all.
    Oh and a full TR is expected from the camp
    Last edited by PrankMonkey; 12-04-2004 at 02:04 AM.

Bob, so let me get this straight...are you a Mormon that smokes?? Active Mormon that smokes?? I'm just curious, not bashing or anything, just trying to make sense of your post
    oh so i guess i'm the asshole!

good luck and have fun with the Str8line camp.... I'm going in Jan and am excited as hell too.

If religion is such a personal thing, why is it becoming more and more intertwined wth our federal government and the laws that rule our land? The Christian right has was too much influence in this country and I for one resent it. The Jerry Falwells of this country can kiss my arse.

Quitting smoking is hard. I'm sure you've tried many ties, as had I. What finally worked for me was this:

http://www.original-smoke-away.com/

Get the "Premium Kit" for $40. I got the "Deluxe" kit and never used the extra stuff.

I'm serious about this. I smoked an average of a pack a day for 20 years. I used this stuff and quit - my last cigarette was at 10pm on July 3rd, 2003. It only took about a week to clear the cravings completely (the first two days SUCKED) but the "Homeopathic" medicine - denicotined tobacco extract - really helped. I have not had a cigarette in 18 months, and never had the wish to do so, even while hangin' out in bars or after a big meal.

You can do this.

Now post some pics of your wife, please.

FKNA BOB!!!!! You AND GT @ camp?? Sounds like lots of trouble for the two of you, giggling during class.

good luck on cesetation of smoking, Make up your mind, decide that it tastes like shit and you are on your way.
    More fucked up than a cricket in a hubcap

Cool. So GT spancered you after STW spancered him I'm guessing? I agree about the religion this. Take please at face value. Don't stereotype them because of their religion. I do a lot of business in Utah. Some of my clients I like, some I don't. I could care less if they are mo or not.

I Had Sex With My Wife Last Night!
    We all did.

Quote Originally Posted by shit sandwich
    Bob, so let me get this straight...are you a Mormon that smokes?? Active Mormon that smokes?? I'm just curious, not bashing or anything, just trying to make sense of your post
    Many non LDS citizens of Utah do not like the Mormon bashing.

Bob,
    New Jacket, religoiously tolerent, and quit smoking?

I dont even know who you are anymore, whats next Heiniken?

see ya SUnday

Thumbs up

Wow Bob, that is great news all the way around!! You can do whatever you need to, just do it.

Have fun at camp, you and GT will come out and be superstars!

I completely agree with you on the religion deal too. Got nothing good to say, keep it to yourself, we all have our beliefs. And I did not like the Jew comment either.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Religious bashing, unless bashing ALL religious or religions in general, is stupid.

Str8line, GT40, Icemang, and STW are not stupid.
    "I smell varmint puntang."

Although skiing is the main topic, we see many other topics broached. Porching, sexy school teachers, etc., we see all of that.
    Porching? Is this a topic about sitting on your front porch?

I agree about the Mormon bashing. Any time someone slurs another religion or ethnic group they get hammered pretty hard here, but somehow it's tacitly o.k. to bash Mormons.

I was kind of guilty of this in a previous thread involving the BYU Utah game. It was good natured, or at least it was intended to be, but it may have come off as more negative. So, sorry about that. No harm intended. I hadn't thought about it much before this, but BobMc is right.

edit: Me fail english, that unpossible.
    Looking California, feeling Minnesota.

Bob

First and foremost, excellent and coherent breakdown of the LDS fiasco we have been trudging through here. Kudos to you for spelling it out.

Second, I hoep you can quit the cigs. Nicoderm patches and gum will go a long way toward helping you succeed.

Finally, enjoy the camp mang!

See ya when I see ya.

Nice, Bob. Good thoughts here. Good luck quitting the butts.

Regarding all this religion discussion: it seems to happen about once a year here on this BB. It never goes anywhere productive and it's rarely very interesting, mostly because most of us have heard it all before.

I think that many people are unable to participate in a productive or interesting discussion about religion and/or politics, because they are too emotionally invested in their particular perspectives. If you're talking to the right person, it can be interesting, but it's hard to make that work in a public forum like this.

There's a couple of folks smarter than me who said some interesting things that reflect my feelings.

"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart."

-H. L. Mencken

"This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness."

-Dalai Lama

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent Him."
    -Voltaire

"I wish God were alive to see this."
    -Homer S.

"Puritanism: the nagging fear that someone, somewhere, might be happy."

-H. L. Mencken
    "I smell varmint puntang."

Quitting smoking is something that will never get bashed!
    good luck dood