Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Nice, post Bob, I too am currently in the process of quitting smoking, so far it has been two days since I had a cig. This is the third day...For me the cravings were really bad the first two days, but right now I can say they aren't as bad as I thought they would be. My main problem I beleive is going to be going out with friends to the bar or drinking in general. Because as we know smoking and drinking go hand in hand. Good luck. Have fun at camp ....

I love Utah cause all the Mo's scare away so much trash from moving here. I an Catholic but I support the Mo's 95%. The missing 5% is for the times I say FUCK BYU (I'm a Ute) The Mo's created one heck of a city and I am proud to live here. I consider myself a guest.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc
    But yet apparently morality isn't just a Utah thing, ergo the Bush victory.
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! Equating Bush with morality isn't exactly a "give peace a chance" message, it's more like the Department Of Don't Even Get Me Started!

[deepbreath] That said: Hello, BobMc. Congrats on quitting smoking for so many months. I am happy for you and everyone who cares about you. Here's to long life!
    I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones.

Religion bashing isnt cool but... when i tell them to go away then i expect them to stay away. They dont stay away and come back time and again. Even here in Japan we get them coming around. In total about 10 times and every time i tell them i dont want them to come back. Its frustrating that they just dont listen and try to persure you into it. I dont belive that is right at all and maybe it needs a bashing to get it through their collective heads.

Quiting smoking is hard hang though dont give in.

bob still doesnt smoke or like to talk about religion
    he does make me smile though

But I really DO Heart Mormon Pussy.
    Do what you like, Like what you do.

spook Guest
    i have no imaginary friends so i find it all egomaniacal and insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    bob still doesnt smoke or like to talk about religion
    he does make me smile though
    Im still super stoked about skiing with you all yesterday! thanks Woodsy and Bob!
    Points on their own sitting way up high

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV View Post
    If religion is such a personal thing, why is it becoming more and more intertwined wth our federal government and the laws that rule our land? The Christian right has was too much influence in this country and I for one resent it. The Jerry Falwells of this country can kiss my arse.
    Absolutely
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV View Post
    If religion is such a personal thing, why is it becoming more and more intertwined wth our federal government and the laws that rule our land? The Christian right has was too much influence in this country and I for one resent it. The Jerry Falwells of this country can kiss my arse.

This country's greatest leaders were all religious. I don't see how the church and the government is "more and more intertwined" than it was over 200 years go.

spook Guest
    200+ years of not being taxed while everyone else is (except for the rich folks and corporations, of course) tends to upset the balance.

all?

Thomas Jefferson probably wasn't any more religous than was needed to be accepted in polite society.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

C'mon.... what is this board coming to? 4 pages and no one has posted the obvious smart ass post?

"I had sex with my wife last night."

What a coincidence, I had sex with your wife last night too!

(I actually didn't... I don't think. What does she look like..? Anyway, still smoke free?)
    "Shit, I'll choke her while she's cleaning, and I'll do it wearing a helmet cam mounted on a full-face helmet.
    I'll have meatdrink9 do the lighting for the shot. He'll make it artsy as fuck."
    - Phunk

Blurred beat you to it on page one. With better style too.

Quote Originally Posted by BlurredElevens View Post
    We all did.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol View Post
    This country's greatest leaders all pretended to be religious.
    Fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by shane-o View Post
    Blurred beat you to it on page one. With better style too.
    Damn it.
    "Shit, I'll choke her while she's cleaning, and I'll do it wearing a helmet cam mounted on a full-face helmet.
    I'll have meatdrink9 do the lighting for the shot. He'll make it artsy as fuck."
    - Phunk

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Ok, first off, I've got a lot of shit to say tonight, so bear with me.

See the title of my post? I'm sure you did. That probably isn't something most (probably not all) would want to read about, nor would it be something I would talk about. Why? Because that is a personal matter of my own. Where am I going with this? Well, I'll tell ya.

Religion: Something I consider a personal subject.

I realize this message board covers a broad range of subjects. Although skiing is the main topic, we see many other topics broached. Porching, sexy school teachers, etc., we see all of that. But, do we see details of intimate relationships, true emotions? Not really, because those subjects are things we keep inside, things we consider holy.

Lately, no not really lately, for a while I've watched a certain religion be trashed again and again. It's really kinda strange, because whenever any other religion is brought up in a disparging way the dispargers are flamed into oblivion. I seem to remember Blurred once using the term "Jew" in a negative connotation, let's just say it didn't go over well.

But yet time and time again it seems bashing a certain religion is apparently in the vogue. Granted, Utah is a strange state, but not really much more strange than anywhere else. One of the things I find most ironic is that Utah is laughed at for its morality laws. But yet apparently morality isn't just a Utah thing, ergo the Bush victory.

Anyways, what I was trying to get at is that religion is something we keep inside ourselves. Something that only yourself can understand. Each of us has their own beliefs, each of us is entitled to have our own beliefs. Unlike politics, baseball, and quality of powder, religion is something that only yourself can understand your true feelings.

All I'm saying is "Give peace a chance." Have some compassion to what others may think. Don't attempt to break down other's belief structures. Basically, this place isn't the place to discuss topics such as this. If you truly feel the need discuss religion I'm sure you can find plenty of places more suited.

Ok, now onto what else I have to say.

I'M GOING TO THE STRAIGHTLINE CAMP!!!! GT40, I love you man! This message board is truly a special place. I'd probably be gushing a bit if I said this place changed my life, (because quite honestly marrying my wife did that) but it's pretty damn close. This is quite a gathering of kooks and gentle souls we have here. To say I'm excited tonight would be an understatement, I'm simultaneously shitting and pissing my pants. My wife is getting quite tired of doing my laundry.

Although, perhaps it is life-changing. I've decided to quit smoking as of Monday. (Monday, should be out of smokes by then, and gives me a weekend to say goodbye to them.) Not sure I can do it, well, fuck yeah I can. Gotta be ready for the camp.

BobMc
    I got a lot to say to but I reads too
    Thanks bro
    I need to quit the ciggie puffs and thanks for keepin rudolf the smelly ass dodge goin
    FKNA congrats on the newest mini mag
    I's glad you breed
    the world needs more future great dad carfixer bidness owners
    will stop by this week for break check
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I heart Bob. Congrats Dad!

good luck with the smokes. one day at a time.