Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by drdevon View Post
    Indeed ... the early laps were amazing ... elevator, all the short black runs off star, and the front bowls plus powder keg were great ... come out after lunch, not so much.
    Sat morning was amazing everywhere, sun exposed areas got cooked by noon. The trees were tits all day

Noticed PR was open, anyone sneak over toward Heather lift to see the carnage from the slide? I was having too much fun to take a look.
    Last edited by Rip'nStick; 03-20-2011 at 09:52 PM.
    Education must be the answer, we've tried ignorance and it doesn't work!

Who's up Thursday/Friday?

Van Tilburg's Back Country Ski! Oregon

I was looking for a copy of this book and someone was kind enough to show me how to view the entire thing online. Thought some here would like the resource.

http://books.google.com/books?id=npJ...oregon&f=false

Quote Originally Posted by SgtSkidmark View Post
    I was looking for a copy of this book and someone was kind enough to show me how to view the entire thing online. Thought some here would like the resource.

http://books.google.com/books?id=npJ...oregon&f=false
    That book was/is a great resource for getting me going in the BC around these parts. I formerly "used" it, but with the baby, my bc buddy moving south, etc. I have been strictly resort this season.

Here's the full edit from Saturday. Nothing great, just a lil something with some back slaps, over exposed footage, and the like

^nice work

surprisingly soft snow (and several inches of it) on the front bowls tonight at MHM .... should be good tomorrow early in all the usual places

Quote Originally Posted by drdevon View Post
    surprisingly soft snow (and several inches of it) on the front bowls tonight at MHM .... should be good tomorrow early in all the usual places
    Yes, Thursday night at Meadows was a real sleeper. My expectations were low, but were exceeded tremendously. It was dumping at first. They picked up probably 4 inches or so, and then it cleared off. Thinking I need to get up there again soon!

It's waaayyyy good @ Bachy. Light snow, no lines ,little wind and prolly a foot of new. Today rated hell ya.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

^^Yeah Thursday night was fun. Went up just to dial in my bc rig and was pleasantly surprised. Spent a few turns in the white room.

spook Guest
    i'm in bend and still can't board. sucks. hoping the same doesn't happen to golf this year but it ain't lookin good.

if you'll allow me...a little proud papa kid stoke

from yesterday, my 6yo son - 6th day on the hill this year and first real season of learning to ski

lows:
    some crying up on vista due to poor visibility & "deep" snow
    he lost it when he saw a sign pointing to a black diamond and yelled at me for endangering his life
    no steadicam on the iphone

highs:
    awesome day on the hill with snow falling all day
    he actually did vista twice with some blue runs (i said they were green)
    first pow "turns" for the boy
    he actually lasted into the afternoon
    first descent - he lead the whole way off of easy rider
    his first "jump"
    slaying the half pipe
    he asked some grandma in the lodge at lunch, "have you seen Gnar?"

sweet day overall

if you can stomach it, may i offer some dramamine & a video sampling of the day...[scrub thru if you must cuz it's almost 2mins, but let it play the last 10secs]

http://s1195.photobucket.com/albums/...der3-25-11.mp4
    Last edited by acinpdx; 03-26-2011 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    he asked some grandma in the lodge at lunch, "have you seen Gnar?"
    I love it. Way to get him going early (with both skiing and the appropriate attitude). How soon before he starts cornice-whacking?

he needs poles first
    but i'm sure he'd be all over it

nice meadows vid and gnar kid stoke up there!

mulling over bachy on mon, skibowl looks like its setting up nicely for mon night as well
    do i save the bachy voucher for spring skiing when skibowl closes up shop or take the semi-pow day when i can get it? decisions decisions...

Looks as though the midweek warm blast will end the really, really good stuff for the year ... bring on the corn

Bachelor was tits Monday. 12 new the Summit opened and face shots were available on request. Warm up on the way,BBQ/Beer/Tan.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

OK .... who's ready to talk spring skiing ... anywhere off-piste folks recommend a newbie try hiking for some turns?

I still have hope for big dumps in April, long range shows a Canada trough digging in next week.

Tilly Jane is fun. White River up the middle is simple. Pea gravel is easy, park at HRM and follow the skin track. Adams probably won't become a single day adventure until mid June. Helens can be a crap shoot, but fun.

I'm going to shoot for a couple of those trips this spring, Patarero

FL going from 8000ft to 1500ft overnight. Got a few free Bachy tixs any mags want. Need a days notice.

Jonesy, I'm staying at Black Butte this weekend and was just debating whether the conditions will be worth buying tickets on Sunday. Any chance I could trade a 12-pack for 2 tix?

Hey Sgt, I'll be up at Bachy today for an adaptive program so let me check on tixs for Sunday. I'll get back to you when I get off the hill this PM. Are you going up Sat.?

Wy'east

Looks like Wy'east finally slid. Big.
    http://www.skihood.com/Community-and-News/Meadows-Blog

NWAC reports debris in all the drainages around mhm, white, heather, clark, and newton.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Hey Sgt, I'll be up at Bachy today for an adaptive program so let me check on tixs for Sunday. I'll get back to you when I get off the hill this PM. Are you going up Sat.?
    Not going up today, planning on tomorrow. Thanks for checking.

Meadows was fuuuuun today. Stormy, a few icy spots. But the bowls and shooting star were skiing exeptionally fun.

Tomorrow should deliver the goods too.
    Training for Alpental