Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Couple pics from 07-08...
    Late season pick showing how much snow we got that year. Check out where that sign is the next time you are up there:

Random shot from the outback, not showing how deep it really was, but the untracked looks yummy:
    The "Rockstar Leniency Rule" merely states that those who achieve a performative douchosity in service of spectacle as it relates to career are given wider latitude to be uberscrote.

Nice thread, now I have a place to bitch about the lifty at the base of mhx smoking just outside of the coral gates, polluting the fine mountain air. Same little
    Punk that cops attitude with me cause I don't turn my pass over for him to scan... Wow, I feel better..... This thread is like therapy !!! Ya know what else is F'd up!!! Why is it always! that gettos should have something opened up that is not!!!? I'll leave that here for speculation and fodder ...
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves

Tuesday and Wednesday were spectacular!!! Bring
    On
    The
    Next storm cycle!!!!
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IAMULLR View Post
    Nice thread, now I have a place to bitch about the lifty at the base of mhx smoking just outside of the coral gates, polluting the fine mountain air. .
    i was at the bottom of heather chair on tuesday i think, and the line of a couple hundred people stretched all the way to the ramp where you have to commit to either heather chair or the hrm runout. some 20 something young lady was with her buddies right behind me and whipped out a cig. an older guy with a long reddish beard went off on her. "put that fucking cigarette out! they been trying to get rid of cigs in lift lines for 30 fucking years." or something like that. he was pissed. she was getting embarrassed but didn't want to be told what to do. he kept jawing at her and she was about to put it out when her friend told her not to. you know, don't let that old fuck tell you what to do.

but the girl decided getting hammered on in front of 100 people she was going to be stuck with for the next 10 minutes (if we were lucky) wasn't worth it. so she tossed the cig in the snow. which set the beard off even more. 'pick it up!" her friend says "don't pick it up." people in the vicinity had odd smirks on their faces and i wasn't sure if they were smirking at the beard or the girl or just enjoying it all.

and finally, i couldn't help it, because it bugs the fuck out of me that people toss their cigs (aka garbage) everywhere like they're rose petals. i said "why not?" to which her friend replied something along the line of "she shouldn't do what he tells her." and i said, it's still garbage.

i think she ended up picking it up and then somebody nearby in the line took a big fat hit of some stinky bud. nobody complained.

i could be wrong, but didn't meadows ban smoking in the lift line?

haha great story ^

Here is video from the other day

Quote Originally Posted by benk View Post
    haha great story ^

That was so sweet, the good turns, and mellow music lulled me into a semi-conscious state of stoke.
    Training for Alpental

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by benk View Post
    haha great story ^

nice vid. love the music, too.

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    i was at the bottom of heather chair on tuesday i think, and the line of a couple hundred people stretched all the way to the ramp where you have to commit to either heather chair or the hrm runout. some 20 something young lady was with her buddies right behind me and whipped out a cig. an older guy with a long reddish beard went off on her. "put that fucking cigarette out! they been trying to get rid of cigs in lift lines for 30 fucking years." or something like that. he was pissed. she was getting embarrassed but didn't want to be told what to do. he kept jawing at her and she was about to put it out when her friend told her not to. you know, don't let that old fuck tell you what to do.

but the girl decided getting hammered on in front of 100 people she was going to be stuck with for the next 10 minutes (if we were lucky) wasn't worth it. so she tossed the cig in the snow. which set the beard off even more. 'pick it up!" her friend says "don't pick it up." people in the vicinity had odd smirks on their faces and i wasn't sure if they were smirking at the beard or the girl or just enjoying it all.

and finally, i couldn't help it, because it bugs the fuck out of me that people toss their cigs (aka garbage) everywhere like they're rose petals. i said "why not?" to which her friend replied something along the line of "she shouldn't do what he tells her." and i said, it's still garbage.

i think she ended up picking it up and then somebody nearby in the line took a big fat hit of some stinky bud. nobody complained.

i could be wrong, but didn't meadows ban smoking in the lift line?
    As far as the smoking ban goes I've never seen a single sign or lift op enforcing it. I was about 10 ppl in front of that situation. It was the 2nd time that I had to listen to the bearded crusader bitch at someone that day about smoking in the lift line. b/c the first time he was complaining about my buddy smoking(which I don't condone) after he was told to mind his own business his only response was to "put some green in it". Great example for all the little kiddos around to be hearing from such a mature adult. He always seems to have something new to bitch about in the lift line after every run.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by noparking View Post
    As far as the smoking ban goes I've never seen a single sign or lift op enforcing it. I was about 10 ppl in front of that situation. It was the 2nd time that I had to listen to the bearded crusader bitch at someone that day about smoking in the lift line. b/c the first time he was complaining about my buddy smoking(which I don't condone) after he was told to mind his own business his only response was to "put some green in it". Great example for all the little kiddos around to be hearing from such a mature adult. He always seems to have something new to bitch about in the lift line after every run.
    yeah, i wasn't condoning his method, but i loathe breathing cigarette smoke on the mountain (well, anywhere for that matter). it was just one of those interactions that are nearly inevitable when you have 200 people waiting at the bottom of a soon to be tracked out heather canyon when the chair isn't working properly. i've never seen a lift op enforce anything of the sort either.

spook Guest
    comments on meadows' blog regarding heather canyon access:

http://www.skihood.com/Community-and...urday#comments

I've confronted assholes in the lift line for smoking. It's always a fun tense situation and every time he/she tries to save face by copping some attitude. Often the only thing keeping me from making them eat the cig is the certainty of losing my pass.

The one place on the mountain where you're forced to be in close quarters will a ton of people, and that's where the geniuses choose to smoke. Not cool.

Today was wonderful. Heather open. Lots of goods to be found. Periodic clear skies mixed with some Degobah system braille skiing.

Could be a fun night at Ski Bowl. They still have those unlimited night passes on sale for a crazy deal. Buy yourself a X-mas present of night time stoke.
    Training for Alpental

^^^ I'll be at skibowl tonight

Quote Originally Posted by noparking View Post
    As far as the smoking ban goes I've never seen a single sign or lift op enforcing it.
    Friday AM I was in (a very short) line on MHX and a patroller called out some guy for smoking. So it does happen

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    party at your place!
    Spook, pm me next time you're heading up. I'm up there every weekend (except this weekend I'll be at Tahoe). I'll hook you up with a busch light or three!

Quote Originally Posted by bio-smear View Post
    Today was wonderful. Heather open. Lots of goods to be found. Periodic clear skies mixed with some Degobah system braille skiing.
    Yeah, sunday was sweet initially, fresh turns and bluebird off cascade until ~12, core shot to the lady friend's ski, game over. She demoed some volks and found some more rocks on them, she bagged it and I got another lap in from azone down. By the time I made it back into azone it was vertigo city. Finished up with a fresh run through the trees and around the cliffs in PR.

Sunday was great!

See you on Cascade today...

Tie Dye Duct tape on goggle band. Helmet, yellow arcteryx jacket.
    Stood upon a mountaintop.
    Walked barefoot in the Snow.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by extreeski View Post
    Sunday was great!

See you on Cascade today...

Tie Dye Duct tape on goggle band. Helmet, yellow arcteryx jacket.
    i was up yesterday and cascade never opened. wasn't nearly as busy as i was expecting though, especially considering cascade never opened. hope you have better luck today.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tymonmay View Post
    Spook, pm me next time you're heading up. I'm up there every weekend (except this weekend I'll be at Tahoe). I'll hook you up with a busch light or three!
    sweet! i don't make it up on weekends often, but i'll be sure to get in touch and bring some party favors! have fun in tahoe. i was supposed to be heading that way this week or next myself but life intervened.

I am headed up to Skibowl tonight. I don't expect much, but this is the only time I can go all week. Gotta get turns when I can. The good news, the mid mountain hut can make up for not ideal snow!!!

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    I am headed up to Skibowl tonight. I don't expect much, but this is the only time I can go all week. Gotta get turns when I can. The good news, the mid mountain hut can make up for not ideal snow!!!
    Did a few New Years nights,goodtimes. Going after the first for a night session and will stop by the hut. Like the vibe at the bowl.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

God the last two days have been really fantastic at meadows. I can't believe how much of PR is still completely untracked. Fresh turns all day long both days, and even where its been hit a couple of times (God's Wall), it is still skiing epic. Loving me the NW.

I have been up at Meadows a bunch recently too! Absolutely no lift lines... Untracked EVERYWHERE... Highlight from yesterday was being on Cascade when it opened in the afternoon and skiing by braille down to the Silver Gate.

From there, it was untracked and painless all the way down and then into middle heather for more untracked.
    Stood upon a mountaintop.
    Walked barefoot in the Snow.

the far end of the snow-forecast is looking promising all of a sudden...Sun-Mon...Maybe California will relinquish the great pacific firehose for a week and let us get blasted. those bastards need to share!

Goin up tomorrow, and as many days in the next 9 as I can handle.
    L-I-V-I-N. Livin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfield View Post
    God the last two days have been really fantastic at meadows. I can't believe how much of PR is still completely untracked. Fresh turns all day long both days, and even where its been hit a couple of times (God's Wall), it is still skiing epic. Loving me the NW.
    Thanks for announcing that. We welcome your set of tracks in all our stashes, but keeping your yapper shut is part of the deal.