Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    The gates were opened before 11. It was ridiculous. The meadow was deep! Watch out for the creek running down the middle of the meadow....

PR was open today for sure, as of around 10:30-11:00. belt deep in drifts. Trying to scrape the grin off my face after the best free refills day in a long time up there. So so good and the light breeze kept all the holiday gapers at the bar and out of the bowls after lunch. You know its good when the HRM lift ride feels like the top of Cascade in a storm.

Tomorrow is going to be outrageous. I don't expect they'll open Heather but the upper mountain (hopefully?) and Star will be plenty good enough. Can't wait.
    L-I-V-I-N. Livin'.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    The gates were opened before 11. It was ridiculous. The meadow was deep! Watch out for the creek running down the middle of the meadow....
    i found that creek my last time up.

25,916 vertical feet of the best pow of the season today.... I hate those scanners but it was interesting to check how much vertical we got in (even without being scanned each ride)
    Today ... It was outfuckingrageous..Over head blower... Fresh all day.. Couldn't get out of the white room.. unnerving to not be able to see all the way down the nipple, while choking on the cold smoke filling your mouth.... What a day!! What a season !! If only it was a Tuesday and not holiday break... But the lines werent that bad, weather kept the masses in the lodge.. Mmmmmmmmmm soooo gooood!!!!!!!!!!
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves

spook Guest
    TRAFFIC ALERT: Our parking lots filled by about 10 AM Thursday, and unfortunately without any additional parking available we had to turn away traffic at that time. We expect large crowds Friday and this weekend as well. We suggest traveling early, buddying up in carpools to reduce the amount of vehicles needing to be parked or considering our Park & Ride bus program.

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    TRAFFIC ALERT: Our parking lots filled by about 10 AM Thursday, and unfortunately without any additional parking available we had to turn away traffic at that time. We expect large crowds Friday and this weekend as well. We suggest traveling early, buddying up in carpools to reduce the amount of vehicles needing to be parked or considering our Park & Ride bus program.
    Just saw this. Wow, word got out. Should have brought my four season tent and camped it out last night.

Can't wait to see if heather opens later this week, though I imagine today is pretty amazing with all of the additional lifts opening up.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by thewallsarecold View Post
    Just saw this. Wow, word got out. Should have brought my four season tent and camped it out last night.

Can't wait to see if heather opens later this week, though I imagine today is pretty amazing with all of the additional lifts opening up.
    lift lines on the webcams today are enormous. i would expect more of the same tomorrow.

Looks real fun. The more I think about it I would have no problem paying for a cheaper pass with blackout dates.

Ski Bowl was a fucking shitshow last night as well.
    Training for Alpental

Ridiculous.

Anybody interested in touring on Hood tomorrow? I've got the day off and I'd hate to waste it standing in a lift line.

lift lines on the webcams today are enormous. i would expect more of the same tomorrow.
    I retract my previous statement after seeing PhiberAwptik's post. Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    All of that to ski fucking Vista of all lifts. What a disgrace.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Julius View Post
    yeah, vista or not, i have a really hard time enjoying myself in those kinds of lines. it's not worth the 4 hours of driving to get 1 or 2 runs an hour. that's why the next step for me is a splitboard. otherwise, i'll wait for the post holiday weekdays and not feel too badly about missing this week.

Lines about the same @ Bachy with mid-thigh heavy pow. Had an Avy in-bounds yesterday morning shut down the top of Cliffhanger till this AM. I've had enough dickwads for awhile taking the rest of this week off.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Can anyone give me a report from today on RV row? Heading up with my motorhome tonight (just like I do every week) and am a bit nervous about having my spot taken by a bunch of holiday folks that borrowed Daddy's monaco diesel pusher to go skiing in. Hoping they don't actually show up in full force till tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Julius View Post
    With the nice weather, Cascade still digging out and Heather open only from Moon Bowl down (beginning at ~11:00), it's bound to be a shit show today. Here's to hoping they get Cascade and the rest of Lower Heather opened for tomorrow's opening bell.

spook Guest
    thanks to the lovely lady who t-boned my trusty honda that took me up to hood for 4 years without incident, i now have a new subie and 2 fusion passes that i don't need.

p.s. fuck insurance companies, by the way.

Cascade opened for an hour today. Should be good tomorrow morning if they open upper Heather/Clark. I might go up and fight the crowds for 2-3 runs.

thanks to the lovely lady who t-boned my trusty honda that took me up to hood for 4 years without incident, i now have a new subie and 2 fusion passes that i don't need.

p.s. fuck insurance companies, by the way.
    Beware. Those fusion passes have blackout dates. Or at least they did last year.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtSkidmark View Post
    Beware. Those fusion passes have blackout dates. Or at least they did last year.
    well, this is our second set and the ones we got last season may have had holiday blackout dates, but nothing that mattered to me. i was super excited to check out skibowl extensively for a season, but most of the times i drove by there last season on my way to meadows it was bare ground at the bottom.

maybe this year i'll finally get to explore skibowl.

edit: actually, i just called and the only blackout dates were from dec. 25 - jan. 2.

well, this is our second set and the ones we got last season may have had holiday blackout dates, but nothing that mattered to me. i was super excited to check out skibowl extensively for a season, but most of the times i drove by there last season on my way to meadows it was bare ground at the bottom.

maybe this year i'll finally get to explore skibowl.

edit: actually, i just called and the only blackout dates were from dec. 25 - jan. 2.
    Nice to hear on the passes. I need to explore Skibowl more as well. Every time I go there I end up just getting drunk or the conditions suck (or both). Never skied the good terrain on a pow day. Last year Skibowl had a big poo streak down the main run most of the season.

skied absolute blower all day long, lines were shit at HRM and star until 11-12 when people decided the snow wasn't good enough over there. Had a great time over by GW and SR all day. HRM lot was full and there were cars lining the road all the way to 35. I can't wait until break is over.

Quote Originally Posted by 10% Groomed View Post
    Ridiculous.

Anybody interested in touring on Hood tomorrow? I've got the day off and I'd hate to waste it standing in a lift line.
    possibly, would like to get a few lift laps in early then would be up for a tour. If it is a complete shit show at opening, probably turn around and head for a tour of wr or tj. Probably head towards adams the rest of the weekend.

Here's a meadows POV from the last couple days, excluding today.

[ame="http://vimeo.com/18311304"]Couple gloomy December days_mt hood on Vimeo[/ame]

^^ nice video, I rode the lift with you yesterday I think it was. I was the the one w/ last years caylors and the trew gear.

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    Here's a meadows POV from the last couple days, excluding today.
    Yessssss! Very nice. More stoke, please. This thread needs more stoke.