Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    I'll play the typical role of spook. Apparetly last night around 830ish a 15yo male snowboarder was found around north canyon unresponsive and later passed away at the clinic last night.

Quote Originally Posted by tenB View Post
    Thanks for announcing that. We welcome your set of tracks in all our stashes, but keeping your yapper shut is part of the deal.
    Go fuck yourself beater. I grew up in Hood and have skied meadows my entire life. This is a thread for people to post stoke about the local hill, not act like a fucking front range cunt.

Edit: and if you had actually been up there this week, you would realize that it's not just your "stashes" that were untracked. The entire mountain has been empty. Furthermore, Private Reserve is not a fucking "secret stash", and if you think it is, then you clearly don't know dick about meadows.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfield View Post
    Go fuck yourself beater. I grew up in Hood and have skied meadows my entire life. This is a thread for people to post stoke about the local hill, not act like a fucking front range cunt.

Edit: and if you had actually been up there this week, you would realize that it's not just your "stashes" that were untracked. The entire mountain has been empty. Furthermore, Private Reserve is not a fucking "secret stash", and if you think it is, then you clearly don't know dick about meadows.
    The best untracked goods were in private reserve you dickhead, BECAUSE nobody was going in there. No it's not a secret, but the runout/hike deters most people UNTIL some numbskull on the internet goes on about how awesome God's Wall is. You named a specific run, got called out, and then your pussy got all inflamed and full of sand. Whaa! I've skied there my whole life! I have rights! Whaa! Go back to Denver and rinse out your vagina.

OMG Private Reserve was so totally schralped out yesterday and full of jongs who told me they heard all about Gods Wall on TGR. WAY TO GO SINFIELD. Next thing you know, people will be on here flapping their lips about the Annex lot, telling everyone where it is.

As a Christmas Eve bonus, if you PM me today I'll tell you about the secret kids water fountain in the HRM lodge.
    L-I-V-I-N. Livin'.

OMG, the sky is falling....all of the 15 people who actually check this tiny corner of a niche forum on the internets are totally going to schralp out one of the most well known "slackcountry" runs at meadows.

Oh wait, there were still plenty of fresh tracks to be had up there yesterday. Just like there were the day before and just like there will be today.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtSkidmark View Post
    The best untracked goods were in private reserve you dickhead, BECAUSE nobody was going in there. No it's not a secret, but the runout/hike deters most people UNTIL some numbskull on the internet goes on about how awesome God's Wall is. You named a specific run, got called out, and then your pussy got all inflamed and full of sand. Whaa! I've skied there my whole life! I have rights! Whaa! Go back to Denver and rinse out your vagina.
    dude come on. PR is not secret. it's right on the map. the people i know who don't go in there don't go in because 1) they don't know the terrain personally; 2) it's experts only; 3) they don't like the runout; 4) they like more than 1 run per 30 minutes.

reading somebody on tgr saying how great it is isn't going to change any of that.

it was a lot to hope for to have a thread without bullshit.

You guys are dumbfucks. Anyone who is on here already knows about all your "secret" stashes. and like Spook said. Runout/terrain, and scary signs keep everyone out.

Get the fuck out with your trying to act so local and core.
    Training for Alpental

I was a local @ Meadows in the early 80's does that count?
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

I was really responding to Sinfield's response to TenB, not his original post. TenB had a good point, then Sinfield pulled out the weakass "I've been local since Jesus, so suck this" card. I don't think a single person went to PR/God's Wall because of Sinfield's post. I also don't think anything on the trail map is "secret". I guess when I find something untracked, expecially hike-to or hike-out terrain, I don't run to the interwebs to let all my pretend friends in on the "secret" powder that stays untracked for days. Just like how I don't get on the chair and tell strangers how epic the north facing slopes of PR are or how many Ho Chi Minh laps I completed before lunch.

And......i was really cranky this morning because I had no coffee or Grizzly in the house. I got rid of the shakes about an hour ago.

I'm going to a place in january where the place I'm staying won't even let me distribute pictures. though in return I'll be getting free guiding.

people getting defensive about "their" stashes

speaking of secret stuff at meadows, anybody duck the ropes and ride badlands our to highway 35? we did this way back when, don't know if anyone else every does.

FREE Touring Boots

FYI for all the PDX mags: I'm giving away a pair of (beat) Dynafit touring boots (27.0). Check out the post in Gear Swap: [ame="https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209530"]FREE 27.0 Dynafit Touring Boots - PDX - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]

Merry Christmas.
    To have a great adventure and survive requires good judgment. Good judgment comes from experience. And experience, of course, is the result of poor judgment. -Geoff Tabin

Quote Originally Posted by SgtSkidmark View Post
    OR meadows goes and provides a fucking how-to for people to get to places they have no fucking business trying to ride in their magazine they were handing out at REI and the ski and snowboard show. Places like clarks/gods wall/pr.

To paraphrase Winston Churchill
    "Never have so many become so butthurt over so little."

Hot News Flash - There are no secret stashes at MHM. Some lines just get shralped sooner than others. With the lack of new snow recently, all the lines worth skiing were slayed a week ago.

So stop arguing about these not-so-secret "stashes" that everybody already knows about. You're pissing off Ullr and keeping it from snowing. Post stoke or naked pics of your GFs or something to win back his favor.

Quote Originally Posted by telebobski View Post
    Hot News Flash - There are no secret stashes at MHM. .....So stop arguing about these not-so-secret "stashes" that everybody already knows about. You're pissing off Ullr and keeping it from snowing. Post stoke or naked pics of your GFs or something to win back his favor.
    FTW and I'll quote it again.

"Hot News Flash - There are no secret stashes at MHM."

But I have been skiing Guava Juice a lot this season.

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    4) they like more than 1 run per 30 minutes.

it was a lot to hope for to have a thread without bullshit.
    Let them think that's how long it takes for a lap.

I think we're all stoked about riding Hood. I have a feeling when we get the jet back from CA and the snow starts dumping, the BS will go away.

Unfortunately, Meadows mgmt/marketing found out about the PR stash and published it on their trail map.

http://www.skihood.com/The-Mountain/...D36D6A6470.jpg

The only "secret" stash on MHM isn't a stash, it's hitting it on weeknights and poaching unlit runs when only 1 H.S. snowboard team is out and its puking. <-- true statement

The rest of the time, it's a 45 minute wait in the HRM liftline and a fuckabout on the traverse into PR. Nothing secret about it. There are however, some lesser known, very hard to reach lines within what is vaguely considered within the God's wall territory bordering PR. But I'm not telling any of you fuckfaces where this is though, because I'm the only one who's EVAR laid tracks there. <-- not a true statement

That's beside the point. The real point is, you little bitches whining sound like biggest dildo's on hood, all butt-hurt when you've been getting nothing but nuked and it's still only Christmas. Gofuckyourselves for christ sake. You're inbounds at a mountain that serves a skiing population of like 300k. Get a fucking touring rig and find your own secret stashes, you worthless children. Better yet, wait till spring and get a T-line pass and lap the "super park" all day in your tall-T. You bitches are why I left Portland. <-- true? (not really but it's worth the comment)

Oh, and Spook: This thread blows, you suck at riding, and your gloryhole Ducks are gonna get burned in Glendale. <--- all true statements

BTW, You're not getting the Jetstream back, we're keeping it. <---- hopefully true (sorry guys)

For the record, no, I haven't been drinking (only coffee)

I'm an angry caffeinated SOB

Merry Christmas, ya filthy hippies/hipsters

On the positive, a couple of shots from the other day at a mt near by.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

spook Guest
    even though they're always way over the top, i still like looking at all the pretty numbers....

Sunday: Snow showers. High near 26. Windy, with a southwest wind 21 to 24 mph increasing to between 29 and 32 mph. Winds could gust as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.

Sunday Night: Snow showers. Low around 21. Windy, with a west southwest wind between 30 and 36 mph, with gusts as high as 46 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.

Monday: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 27. Windy, with a west southwest wind between 26 and 36 mph, with gusts as high as 49 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.

Monday Night: Snow. Low around 18. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Tuesday: Snow. High near 26. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.

^^ Nice shots Jonesy

Smile Getting this back on track....

Silver and Gold Bowls were excellent this morning. The wind had blown a bunch more powder over the lip into them ... the lifts were empty 'til 10:30 and I just couldn't complain about it no matter how hard I try.

Is the Steel Reserve a semi-secret stash? Always seems like that's the last place to find fresh tracks, especially when there is limited terrain open.

Anyone thinking about heading up to Skibowl on Tuesday morning? (they are on holiday hours, 9am opening) I am trying to weasel my way into a ride. I will gladly share the location of all my secret stashes.
    The "Rockstar Leniency Rule" merely states that those who achieve a performative douchosity in service of spectacle as it relates to career are given wider latitude to be uberscrote.

Here's some stoke from last season. hopefully this forecast holds for the next couple days.

Quote Originally Posted by QuikR12 View Post
    The only "secret" stash on MHM isn't a stash, it's hitting it on weeknights and poaching unlit runs when only 1 H.S. snowboard team is out and its puking. <-- true statement

The rest of the time, it's a 45 minute wait in the HRM liftline and a fuckabout on the traverse into PR. Nothing secret about it. There are however, some lesser known, very hard to reach lines within what is vaguely considered within the God's wall territory bordering PR. But I'm not telling any of you fuckfaces where this is though, because I'm the only one who's EVAR laid tracks there. <-- not a true statement

That's beside the point. The real point is, you little bitches whining sound like biggest dildo's on hood, all butt-hurt when you've been getting nothing but nuked and it's still only Christmas. Gofuckyourselves for christ sake. You're inbounds at a mountain that serves a skiing population of like 300k. Get a fucking touring rig and find your own secret stashes, you worthless children. Better yet, wait till spring and get a T-line pass and lap the "super park" all day in your tall-T. You bitches are why I left Portland. <-- true? (not really but it's worth the comment)

Oh, and Spook: This thread blows, you suck at riding, and your gloryhole Ducks are gonna get burned in Glendale. <--- all true statements

BTW, You're not getting the Jetstream back, we're keeping it. <---- hopefully true (sorry guys)

For the record, no, I haven't been drinking (only coffee)

I'm an angry caffeinated SOB

Merry Christmas, ya filthy hippies/hipsters
    what he said X2!

Ryno - set up the dyna's tonight...where in Cali do I head?