Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Well, that's it for my meadows season this year unless I make it out this spring. Took one spectacularly abysmal run down HRM with approx 4 turns. Brutal up there today, but I got some pretty wicked days over the last month.

Goodbye and good show meadows. Enjoy the rest of the winter you lucky bastards.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinfield View Post
    Well, that's it for my meadows season this year unless I make it out this spring. Took one spectacularly abysmal run down HRM with approx 4 turns. Brutal up there today, but I got some pretty wicked days over the last month.

what happened? i thought you were from around here?

spook Guest
    High winds and weather are affecting lift ops. Buttercup and Carpet are the only lifts open at this time. All other lifts on weather standby, but may open if conditions improve. Mixed bag of rain, sleet, snow, and high winds.

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    what happened? i thought you were from around here?
    Nothing.

I grew up in Hood River, lived in Pdx, now I'm in Denver for PT school. Just managed to luck out and get a month back here before I have to go back to garbage ass front range skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by ski_pdx View Post
    Please stop referring to Meadows NOAA link for MHM weather. The zone they use is set for half way up Elevator and is not right for planning a trip to MHM.

See today's forecast: "Today: Snow. High near 31. Breezy, with a south southwest wind around 26 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 10 to 14 inches possible." Telemetry says 35* and raining at the lodge.

Here is a better zone if you have to use NOAA.
    THIS!

I say forget about the zone forecast entirely...

Maybe I'm just getting a little eager...

but has anyone ever gone up on a day with rain at the base and snow up top? Is it any fun if you stick up high (cascade and upper heather)? The wind at the moment is another story, so take it as a hypothetical...

Im currently sitting at timberline and it is ugly. Wind, rain and socked in. Somebody please remind me why I left utah?

Spot forecasts are just extrapolations and are no more accurate than a zone forecast. It's like significant digits in math. You can't manufacture accuracy through calculation.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?zoneid=ORZ011

That's what you get. Freezing level, wind direction and speed, and forecast precip for the zone.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Duker View Post
    Im currently sitting at timberline and it is ugly. Wind, rain and socked in. Somebody please remind me why I left utah?
    the generally shitty weather is the only thing that is making the past 3 weeks of whiplash tolerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Duker View Post
    Duker,

If you makes you feel any better SLC was not great last Thu thru Sun. Thu in the mid 30's with tons of sun...then the rest of the weekend was sun crust under 3" of falso looking pow. variable at best, but it was SLC.

Rain is softer than sun crust - bright side!

My budd, coach, and other kid on my team are out at hood right now for some skicross races

quite a bit of sx action going on in the next week or so if anyone is in to that

anyone know whats up with the Meadows spring pass? buddy is coming in march for a week and a half and he wants to pick up the spring pass. Don't they go on sale about this time for +/-$99?

any beta is appreciated.

They usually go on sale in february, and go into effect march 1st till whenever they shut down.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    They usually go on sale in february, and go into effect march 1st till whenever they shut down.
    right on. for some reason I thought they went on sale in Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfield View Post

Your leaving will be a true loss to the meadows community. We need more like you who live with their parents and claim core status cause you claim runs and "grew up here." Hopefully we can find another whiney little bitch to take your place.

Your parents say they don't want your freeloading ass back for spring break, so just stay put junior!

Avalanche warning

http://www.kgw.com/news/Avalanche-wa...113481724.html

SEATTLE (AP) -- The Washington State Avalanche Center is warning of a high avalanche danger Thursday in the Washington Olympics, Cascades and the Mount Hood area of Oregon.

The center says winds and rains could weaken layers of snow. The center says the danger should lessen Friday but increase again Saturday with more warming, winds and rain in the forecast.

The warning covers backcountry terrain and does not apply to ski areas.
    Thank god the warning doesn't apply to ski areas.

Quote Originally Posted by tenB View Post
    Your leaving will be a true loss to the meadows community. We need more like you who live with their parents and claim core status cause you claim runs and "grew up here." Hopefully we can find another whiney little bitch to take your place.

Your parents say they don't want your freeloading ass back for spring break, so just stay put junior!
    Really tenB???? WTF

All that butthurt because Sinfield mentions good lines to be had in ultrasupersecret Private Reserve?

Are you seriously still crying about the mention of terrain that is clearly marked on the trailmap? Terrain that everyone on this board already knows about. Get over it dude.
    Training for Alpental

There are no secret lines in PR, but he got called out for getting all local while he was home visiting his parents. He announced his arrival, described every run in detail, then gave us our mountain back in his departing words. Good riddance.

Hopefully we can find another whiney little bitch to take your place.
    I nominate tenB

There are no secret lines in PR, but he got called out for getting all local while he was home visiting his parents. He announced his arrival, described every run in detail, then gave us our mountain back in his departing words. Good riddance.
    So he shared his stoke about being home, and ripping some good pow. Then said thanks, and sorry he has to leave.

Clearly no room for a douche like that on TGR.
    Training for Alpental

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    I nominate tenB
    i second.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    So he shared his stoke about being home, and ripping some good pow. Then said thanks, and sorry he has to leave.

Clearly no room for a douche like that on TGR.
    Erroneous. My final post was really trying to stamp my muddy boots all over your pristine white slopes while screaming FUCK YO MOUNTAIN!!!!!!!

Thirded. It's official tenB is the MHM whiny bitch of the year. Congrats dood, we expect solid bitching all year long.
    Education must be the answer, we've tried ignorance and it doesn't work!