Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    anyone planning on riding tomorrow?

skibowl did not suck last night, getting after it tomorrow night as well

Today delivered at MHM. Crowds were gnarly though as far as traffic and parking go. Somehow liftlines were manageable. anyone take 26 back to PDX?

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    Today delivered at MHM. Crowds were gnarly though as far as traffic and parking go. Somehow liftlines were manageable. anyone take 26 back to PDX?

I dipped out around 1. Traffic was fine.

I saw some key bomb holes missing around 11 am. I'm dissapointed in you.
    Training for Alpental

ha. I left around 4 and meadows had a sign urging folks to go through Hood River. Of course we stopped in HR and spent money so it did cross my mind that it was some kind of conspiracy on part of the HR business alliance

Quote Originally Posted by noparking View Post
    anyone planning on riding tomorrow?
    I'll for sure be up there tomorrow. Green pants, probably a grey jacket and S7s.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfield View Post
    I'll for sure be up there tomorrow. Green pants, probably a grey jacket and S7s.
    Same here, if a carpool works out. Black pants, blue jacket, grey helmet, grey board, and hopefully remnants of a powder grin.

I'll be there riding by myself so if anyone sees me and wants to ride let me know. All trew gear(bright) and ON3P caylors.

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    we rooled in @ 430ish.... traffic going down was bumper2bumper from zigzag on up 35... nightmare!!!!... but going up was butter.... sno was niiiiice tonight...deep enough where you know it would be... slidey turns to keep the edges out of the crust but face shots off the nippel and down powshow... really sweet night ... snown hard through govy on the way down... may have some niiiice fresh @ the bowl in the am.... noaa is calln for 0 in the getto tonight so unless they are backasswards we wont hit it gain till mid week but that remains to be seen in the telemetry.... this week is loooking like a nice storm so buckel up and ride .....
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves

today was fun with good pow to be had... in most places. i think if found some of the only ice around and fucking owned myself hard and had to cut the day a little short.
    Last edited by noparking; 01-10-2011 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IAMULLR View Post
    ... noaa is calln for 0 in the getto tonight so unless they are backasswards we wont hit it gain till mid week but that remains to be seen in the telemetry.... this week is loooking like a nice storm so buckel up and ride .....
    You might as well hang it up on the NOAA forecasts, they are batting 0.000 right now. Without those big low pressure systems rolling down the coast the models are clueless. Don't think they'll converge with this one until its here. There was about an inch down on the river this morning and 8" new up at 1000ft on the north side, not sure where that came from. Snowed all morning. Fingers crossed for this week.

^^^isn't looking good right now. Forecast of NWAC and SnowForecast (I agree NOAA overstates snowfall) calls for a fair amount of snow and temps in the teens Tuesday evening and Wednesday AM, but a warm front is coming Wednesday PM. Freeze levels hitting 7K+ feet by end of week.

Quote Originally Posted by Patarero View Post
    You might as well hang it up on the NOAA forecasts, they are batting 0.000 right now. Without those big low pressure systems rolling down the coast the models are clueless. Don't think they'll converge with this one until its here. There was about an inch down on the river this morning and 8" new up at 1000ft on the north side, not sure where that came from. Snowed all morning. Fingers crossed for this week.
    Hey pataero....NOAA was dead nutz on the money....0 new in the getto... So you thought it would sno.... No sno for you!!!! sayz the sno natzi..... NOAA batting better then you this week.... And NOAA sucks... Storm cycle coming to the hood .... Buckle up!!!! Fingers crossed!!!!!
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves

Count me as one hoping like hell NOAA is right and everyone else is wrong on this one. Skeptical, but really hopeful.

Are we looking at rain Thursday?

Quote Originally Posted by inbetweenstance View Post
    It is not looking ideal...:

.THURSDAY...RAIN AND SNOW. SNOW LEVEL 4000 FEET. SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 8 TO 12 INCHES. PASS WINDS SOUTHWEST 10 TO 20 MPH.
    .THURSDAY NIGHT...RAIN AND SNOW LIKELY. SNOW LEVEL 6000 FEET.
    .FRIDAY...RAIN LIKELY. SNOW LEVEL 5500 FEET.
    .FRIDAY NIGHT...RAIN LIKELY. SNOW LEVEL 6000 FEET.

Quote Originally Posted by inbetweenstance View Post
    hump day is the dump day..... get it !!!!

It is on!!! Four inches so far and green coming in on the radar image....

Quote Originally Posted by IAMULLR View Post
    Hey pataero....NOAA was dead nutz on the money....0 new in the getto... So you thought it would sno.... No sno for you!!!! sayz the sno natzi..... NOAA batting better then you this week.... And NOAA sucks... Storm cycle coming to the hood .... Buckle up!!!! Fingers crossed!!!!!
    ???You work for NOAA don't you?

5" of fresh in the front yard....enjoy it, I'm going north to get above the rain

It snowed hard until 5:45am and now it's r**n at the base lodge and snow up top. =( Moderate wind at this time.

From Meadows conditions page
    Training for Alpental

spook Guest
    meadows at 8:50am:

We have rain, sleet, freezing rain, snow and anything else you can think of (except graupel) this morning, so grab your snorkel! Moderate and increasing wind on the slopes. Heather will be closed today.

edit: i forgot to mention the 20mph average windspeed and 40mph gusts!

yay!!

Looks junked through the weekend. Just not good.

Does anyone know of a super thin rain cover I can stick in a pocket of a shell? Might come in handy for me this weekend.
    Last edited by drdevon; 01-12-2011 at 11:06 AM. Reason: added content

Fuckn rain.. Been kinda dismal for fresh last couple weeks... Jonesn sucz ...

marmot precip

Please stop referring to Meadows NOAA link for MHM weather. The zone they use is set for half way up Elevator and is not right for planning a trip to MHM.

See today's forecast: "Today: Snow. High near 31. Breezy, with a south southwest wind around 26 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 10 to 14 inches possible." Telemetry says 35* and raining at the lodge.

Here is a better zone if you have to use NOAA.