czar mounting suggestion?

Just picked up the 182 salomon czar and I am stumped on where to mount them. I demoed them at the classic mount but felt like I wanted to be forward alittle bit. Seems like splitting the difference between progessive and classic would be great or just 1 cm forward of classic? any suggestions?

Last year I mounted 1 cm forward of the classic line for my 182's. This year I mounted the 182's on the progressive line and the 190's 2cm ahead of the progressive line. Abma says he mounts his +3 CM of the progressive line. I loved the way my 182's skied last year, but after 8 days on the Rocker 2's with a more forward mount I'm finding I really like them forward (super balanced in the air) and that's why I moved my mounts up this year.

I really liked the 182s mounted right between the two lines. I have my 190s at the same spot, and I really dig them as well. I prefer all my skis mounted a little farther back.

SEARCH JONG!

Since no one said it first!

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...mounting+point

-My friend just got a pair and was stoked on the "classic" line!

I have not tried the 182 but I tried the 190 on the progressive line and 1 cm ahead of the classic line. The progressive line is unskiable on the 190s. Picture all tails with nothing contacting the snow in front of your toes. They felt completely unbalanced on edge. +1 ahead of the classic line felt perfect.

i mounted my 182s at +1 from traditional and while they were super fun on airs and landings, i always wondered if i should have mounted at 0. There is a lot of tail, even at the rearward line. Maybe i dont flippy spinny enough

i have the 190's mounted directly on the "classic" line. I like they way they ski here.

I have skied them with the mount in between progressive and classic and felt way to far forward.

I have last years 182's mounted on the classic and love 'em, I can't imagine mounting forward of that...just wouldn't be enough edge up front. My 2cents.
    "Wherever beer is brewed, all is well. Whenever Beer is drunk, life is good" -- Czech proverb.

i agree with LT. I have 182's mounted classic. I couldn't imagine losing more tip. 182 isn't very big with rocker. I suppose it depends on your size, but I would only imagine you'd dive more and lose edge contact when mounted forward.

^^^ 3rd's on LT's tip, but I do zero flippy spiny stuff, and like no tip dive and drive my tips hard...
    He who has the most fun wins!

Last year I started skiing those mounted 1 cm forward, super fun and slarvey, easy to whip around in the air, doesn't quite have that "driver ski" feel tho

I have the 182 mounted on the progressive line. Very easy to throw them around in tight spaces yet still able to charge hard. The tip rocker is enough to keep from tip dive and it makes a much more versitille ski.

It looks like we've got a solid consensus on this one.

I mounted mine -3 of the progressive line and on the base. Now I have more camber than anyone!