Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    When I was going to University, I flipped loads of camera equipment. There was one area I knew virtually everything about (manual focus Pentax 35mm), and it was during the big rush to digital. I regularly bought ebay lots that had a whole bunch of stuff, then re-sold each item individually. It was consistently profitable.

I see no reason to give monstertruckk a hard time about selling so much gear, just about some slow communication.

I cant see anything wrong with selling gear bought for the sole purpose of flipping. If the prices are out of line the collective will let the seller know. That being said why would a seller list something knowing they will be too busy to respond or ship. If a seller knows they are going to be hooked up during the time they put stuff up for sale then wait until you have the time to do so. And studying for finals took up all of my time, certainly couldn't run a business on top of finals. Good luck to you.

ok word, you sold me. I for sure would not call you a "scammer" - that doesn't seem warranted here at all... Thanks for taking the time to explain, that is hopefully worth something around these parts, I know it is to me. The best part of gear swap is open and honest communication - it has been there for me both buying and selling on every transaction I've been a part of, I hope you see I only want to try and preserve that - sorry you got caught up in it. As for the vigilante-ism, don't know why I jumped in - we used to have a sherrif for just such an occasion! Take it easy man!

pm'ing in 3...2....1
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Once again I would like to thank jfost for actually taking the time and being interested in the issue at hand, rather then jumping in on the witch hunt.

From now on I will communicate better in all aspects of the sale.

Now that all issues have been resolved, I have made my points and other people have made theirs. I will continue to sell items on this website. If you do not wish to buy from me then no hard feelings. If you do want to buy from me then thats great.

I would like to think that this is the end of the thread but I have no doubt that someone will come in here and post without reading anything.

Quote Originally Posted by monstertruckk View Post
    Once again I would like to thank jfost for actually taking the time and being interested in the issue at hand, rather then jumping in on the witch hunt.

From now on I will communicate better in all aspects of the sale.

Now that all issues have been resolved, I have made my points and other people have made theirs. I will continue to sell items on this website. If you do not wish to buy from me then no hard feelings. If you do want to buy from me then thats great.

I would like to think that this is the end of the thread but I have no doubt that someone will come in here and post without reading anything.
    Your shit's all retarded

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    Your shit's all retarded
    +2 for the reference (and the earlier one).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    ...I would have dove into that bush like Jon McMurray.

Going to chime in again, as I feel at least partially responsible for the lashing Monstertruckk received. He acknowledged that the DVDs I bought were handled poorly by him.

Being on the receiving end of that botched transaction, I will vouch for him. In the end, I got the items I paid for. It took a lot of time, and a bit of prodding, but I got them. I'm confident that future buyers of his items will receive them as well. I'm going to assume that his communication with buyers will improve, likely as a result of this thread. In the future, I may buy items from him again, so long as (1) the price is right - but that goes for items from any seller; and (2) so long as I'm not in a big hurry to get the items. This is a result of a poor taste left in my mouth. So, recommended, with reservations.

What a fucking joke.

To quote monstertruckk: "this is why i tend to not sell to people in canada because i have had nothing but problems."

Yeah - how about you have nothing but problems because you don't mail your shit for 4 weeks after receiving payment?

I pay monstertruckk for some gloves on November 8th. He does not respond to my email (sent to his paypal address), nor my PMs asking what's going on, despite being active on the boards, putting up more stuff for sale. Only after I call him out in some other threads he's trying to sell stuff do I get a reply. He mailed them on December fucking 2nd. That's some fast turnaround; good job buddy.

From the other threads, this happened to several people as well. Will he steal your money? No. Will you have to wait longer than if it was being shipped on a camel from Egypt? Yes.

Check out this PM from November 8th:

11-08-2010, 09:44 PM
    monstertruckk

Re: kombi gloves
    congrats on the kid. ill get them shipped to you right away.

Bump
    "this thread is an odd combo of win and fail." -Danno

Bump
    "this thread is an odd combo of win and fail." -Danno

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by monstertruckk View Post
    can vouch for the legitness and fast shippingWhiteBurd
    Dec 23rd 2008 at 10:03:38pm
    very legit. fast shippingsteve07982
    Dec 24th 2008 at 8:13:20am
    Very legit seller. Kept constant communication and shipped item very fast after payment receivedmooseman077
    Dec 24th 2008 at 5:08:47pm
    Very legit. Quick response. Resonable and polite. Nothing but good things to say about this man.
    Buy from him.TriFecta
    Dec 25th 2008 at 3:53:12pm
    great seller, super legit. thanks man.ScriptMedia
    Jan 1st 2009 at 4:08:51pm
    wait, so dont buy from him?NINE7OH$
    Jan 2nd 2009 at 2:12:26pm
    reallly easy do deal with, sent my poles out when he said he would! and with a qucik shipMidwestSteeze
    Jan 5th 2009 at 11:01:08pm
    it hurts how legit he is.

i touched the box that he sent me my boots in and the legit-ness burned my hand.

gladly would do business anytimeC.R.E.A.M
    Jan 6th 2009 at 8:51:44pm
    Legit as fuck.

No probs with anything.zacharyn
    Jan 13th 2009 at 11:43:57pm
    LEGIT SELLER! no problems at all sent him the money. and they were at my house in no time!paulbunyan
    Jan 16th 2009 at 12:07:02pm
    legit seller. very fast shipping, easy to deal with!MangoSteeze$
    Jan 19th 2009 at 2:49:30pm
    awesome seller - hooked me up with a ton of sweet posters. thanks!GeeeF
    Jan 20th 2009 at 1:53:09pm
    legit trader. got my stuff.JIZZMONSTA8==D~
    Jan 22nd 2009 at 4:01:01pm
    Wikd LEGIT!! Got my stuff quick item exactly as described... would definatley buy from him again.binneY
    Feb 18th 2009 at 11:50:13am
    exactly as described, quick shipping, good prices. gladly do business with him again. mad legit seller
    kraycharles
    Feb 19th 2009 at 6:35:53pm
    Item as described. Would buy from again. Good deal!-PowAir-
    Feb 27th 2009 at 1:10:02pm
    Great seller, 100% legit, buy from him!!vol_t
    Mar 9th 2009 at 2:21:49pm
    super legit guy, stuff got all screwed up on my end but he was cool about it13stripes
    Mar 13th 2009 at 10:50:09am
    very legit seller. he shipped my movies right away.gnarrr
    Mar 25th 2009 at 6:49:09pm
    best seller on NSmuffins$
    Mar 26th 2009 at 8:04:42pm
    fo shomuffins$
    Mar 30th 2009 at 8:40:22pm
    Great guy to deal with, very reasonable...refunded me after a buy.
    Recommended!Love_Wins.
    Apr 14th 2009 at 6:49:57am
    Very legit guy to deal with. Great communication and sent out my stuff quickly.dammitmike
    Apr 15th 2009 at 11:09:35pm
    fast shipping. good deals. LEGIT!Riley.C
    Apr 19th 2009 at 12:23:56am
    great prices, good producttravis_halver...
    May 12th 2009 at 5:02:14pm
    super legit
    awesome prices
    fast shipment
    jUDGeing from the retard handles I'm guessin this is not egay feedback but newschooler skittled clad stteezy highschool wap off to tayler swift feedback.
    The fact that there are 3 or posts of this crap means I'll never buy shit from you nor reccomend your gear flipping ass
    Take you steezetard feedback and head oon back to prepuberesant teen land dipshit
    GOD DAMIT ECTREEHUCKER GIVE PAJ HIS BEACON OR I"M GONNA MONSTERTRUCK YO ASS
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    GOD DAMIT ECTREEHUCKER GIVE PAJ HIS BEACON OR I"M GONNA MONSTERTRUCK YO ASS
    Now THAT is some funny shit. Bump just to keep Gear Swap a little more informed of this kind of stupidity. No personal experience, just enjoyed reading another buyer beware thread, completely and fully.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

in the middle of a Norman Rockwell painting
    I think it is pretty awesome that this douche tried to list 52 pairs of skis for sale yesterday and was promptly called out and harassed by a number of users for his shadiness, as documented in this thread. Subsequently, his post about selling all the skis has been deleted. Message received. Fuck people over here, then have the nerve to try and keep selling gear here and we will not sit quietly while you continue to rip off brethren and sabotage this beautiful system.

Quote Originally Posted by SterlingSpikeDancer View Post
    Now THAT is some funny shit. Bump just to keep Gear Swap a little more informed of this kind of stupidity. No personal experience, just enjoyed reading another buyer beware thread, completely and fully.
    likewise. mmmthmtskier bumped two scam-ish threads (maybe cause the swapping is in full effect, now that everyone is snow crazy)

Interesting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SterlingSpikeDancer View Post
    you missed the point of the thread bump, jackass.