Line Blends vs Prophet 100

well i am looking into purchasing either of these skis...

what i am looking for is a ski that is good off piste, good in park, decent for bumps and ok for general cruising... i have GS race skis for days to fly around piste and on icy days etc so not worried about them for those conditions...

height 6'3 228lbs good skier - GS race skis ar 181cm and thinking of getting these in the 179/178 depending on what model... these are to replace 2005 salomon 1080s

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated...

183 Blend for the win. Has a 4/20 rocker tip/tail profile(subtle but floaty), and medium soft flex. slays pow with ease, rips the frontside with its burly sidewall construction, and will crush the zipper line.

I wouldn't even consider the p100. The blend is super playful and powerful. enjoi

Blend big time... Man up and get the 183. Seriously.

completely different skis... soft and rockered vs still and chambered. I smell some brand loyalty
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by SluffMgt View Post
    183 Blend for the win. Has a 4/20 rocker tip/tail profile(subtle but floaty), and medium soft flex. slays pow with ease, rips the frontside with its burly sidewall construction, and will crush the zipper line.

I wouldn't even consider the p100. The blend is super playful and powerful. enjoi
    interesting with all the reviews the blend seems to be getting 4/5 and the prophet 5/5...

Quote Originally Posted by jetski View Post
    Blend big time... Man up and get the 183. Seriously.
    ok thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    completely different skis... soft and rockered vs still and chambered. I smell some brand loyalty
    this is why i need help... i am used to buying race skis and nothing else... had my 1080s for 5/6 years now...

with Line i get a good discount at a local shop...

line prophet

I haven't skied the blends but forget the line prophet in 179...I am 6', 190 lbs and had a 179 line prophet that I had to sell and "trade up" to a 186 because the tip dive was noticeable in anything over 4" of new snow. Do the Search on the forum for these skis, and every time people will say they ski short...If you can get a deal on Line skis, have you thought about the Line Prophet 115. There have been some good reviews in Tech Talk and at your size (over 200 lbs), this might be a more versatile powder (and all around) ski...

Quote Originally Posted by neige777 View Post
    I haven't skied the blends but forget the line prophet in 179...I am 6', 190 lbs and had a 179 line prophet that I had to sell and "trade up" to a 186 because the tip dive was noticeable in anything over 4" of new snow. Do the Search on the forum for these skis, and every time people will say they ski short...If you can get a deal on Line skis, have you thought about the Line Prophet 115. There have been some good reviews in Tech Talk and at your size (over 200 lbs), this might be a more versatile powder (and all around) ski...
    would the 115 be far too wide to be nimble enough in moguls???

i guess i could easily go to the 186...

well after trying my friends new K2 kung fujas today... i am going to invest in them... 179cm

oh well!!!