Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1298

Thread: MLB 2010/11

Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    No runs. Are you fuckin kidding me. SHUTOUT IN GAME 5? Are you fucking serious? Fuck that team. For two years I've watched great GREAT pitching performances get squandered by feeble at-bats, rusty door hinge swings and generally putrid offensive approaches. Seriously I'm sick of it. Losing- whatever...I didn't like the Cards match-up...but losing like that. Like you took a big fat cock down the throat and enjoyed it. Fuck 'em. I'm not watching until they re-vamp that offense. Which of course is impossible because Howard's owed like 60000000000000 dollars over the next 300 years just to put up 30 homers and 100 rbi and 200k and Chase is playing on 1/3 of a leg total. Well at least I don't need to see RAUUUUULLLL fuckin suck anymore. Not that the savior "Dom Brown" is going to be much better. Kid's a mess at the plate and has s swing length you can measure with a sun-dial. Most excellent boys.

Just let 'em all walk, Raul, Rollins, Madson...whatever....go find SOMEBODY who can get on base and start there.

I'm sick. The level of losing where you team lets you down in exactly the way you saw coming is oh so maddening.

They can take my $$ and shove it up their ass.
    Amen brother.

Feeling the Phillies hangover today. Last night sucked. Really sucked

Of course the season is in the hands of Howard when it all came down to it in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs. Makes an easy hit and winds up with a probable torn achilles. Cardinals players dancing on our field and drinking champagne while our supposed future hall of famer is on the ground grabbing is ankle. Fuck that. He's supposed to start is $125 million contract next year. I hope they figure out how to get out of that one. Fans and sports analysts are going to destroy that guy for his performance.

Man, I really thought that first swing by Utley in the bottom of the 9th was going over the fence. That would've been soooooooo sick. When that guy caught it, I knew it was over.

Quote Originally Posted by advres View Post
    A line drive that any little leaguer can catch to turn a double play isn't the same as legging out a one hop worm burner you have to dive to make the catch and still get up and turn it. In the eyes of stats, they are the same thing and I argue they aren't even close.
    Yeah, but this is accounted for because the stats show how many total assists and putouts the player recorded. Over the course of seasons or careers you can easily see that player A got to (and didn't boot) a lot more balls than player B this way.

Wow, I haven't seen heat like that in a long time.

The Tigers need a few more players who can put the fucking bat on the ball.

The Tigers going all the way would be great for both the franchise and the city, but I don't see how they'll get past the Rangers.

They didn't win the ALDS; the Yankees lost it.
    You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness, and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lev View Post
    Amen brother.

Feeling the Phillies hangover today. Last night sucked. Really sucked

Of course the season is in the hands of Howard when it all came down to it in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs. Makes an easy hit and winds up with a probable torn achilles. Cardinals players dancing on our field and drinking champagne while our supposed future hall of famer is on the ground grabbing is ankle. Fuck that. He's supposed to start is $125 million contract next year. I hope they figure out how to get out of that one. Fans and sports analysts are going to destroy that guy for his performance.

Man, I really thought that first swing by Utley in the bottom of the 9th was going over the fence. That would've been soooooooo sick. When that guy caught it, I knew it was over.
    I'm still mad about this damn game. 1-0? FUCK. That's bullshit. 2008 would have never done that. These guys are just BEAT up and look old.
    As for Howard...yea...thats VERY bad. Big men and torn achilles don't go well together.

463 Feet! If the Brewers keep winning Braun will definitely be the MVP of the post season.

I'm a fan of baseball and good players. Something I can wrap my head around regardless of team affiliation. But name calling is par for the course for you so I'll take it with a grain of salt.

What I was getting at is, stats don't show HOW the play was made. A line drive that any little leaguer can catch to turn a double play isn't the same as legging out a one hop worm burner you have to dive to make the catch and still get up and turn it. In the eyes of stats, they are the same thing and I argue they aren't even close.

Not many people remember a game winning line drive unless it is a clutch game, but many people remember remarkable plays all season long.
    Modern fielding stats do take range into account, and Jeter's range factor is consistently 97.x% of league average. It's the main reason his .270BA season hurt him so much in salary negotiations. There are only two plays I can think of that really confirm your point of view - the shovel pass to get Jeremy Giambi at home and going into the stands for the foul ball against the Red Sox. Neither of those plays was primarily the result of strictly physical abilty. Knowedge and passion made those plays possible, and while those are attributes which certainly make a better baseball player, they don't come into play nearly as frequently as being able to consistently field the shot up the middle. Jeter hurts the Yankees at SS and they'll be a better team when he moves to right field to replace The Big Swisher.
    Last edited by stfu&gbtw; 10-10-2011 at 06:37 AM.

Personally, I'd rather not make the playoffs than lose in round 1 with the best record in the AL and the second best in all of baseball.
    Keep telling yourself that. Becoming the new Atlanta Braves (Yankees and Phillies) is definitely embarrassing, but this, a bottomless pit of ugly, is an entirely different animal.
    http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...pse/?page=full

For the record, I don't want the Sox to tank -- what fun is that? The whole point is to have the Yankees and Sox play each other in the post season.
    You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness, and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer.

Classic Boston Globe hatchet piece. They drink and win (2004), they are loveable "idiots". They drink and lose (this year), they are horrible malcontents.

The real question is... who's going to take Lackey's $15 million annual salary?

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    The real question is... who's going to take Lackey's $15 million annual salary?
    Since Theo has time left on his contract, couldn't the Sox make the Cubs swallow a poison pill as part of the negotiations: i.e. take over the Lackey albatross? Besides the salary relief, that would provide a clear psychological break with last season: win/win. Maybe Lackey could pull a Bartolo Colon for the Cubs! Probably not, but who knows.

Epstiein to Cubs on 5-yr, $20 mil deal.

Maybe I'll finally be able to sport my Cubs gear without catching shit from everyone.
    The best things in life aren't things.

Probably not, unless Chicago has a killer farm system ready to be called up. Look at Theo's track record with FA's lately- it's going to be a while for the Cubbies yet.

Senor Octubre strikes again!

Quote Originally Posted by geomorph View Post
    Classic Boston Globe hatchet piece. They drink and win (2004), they are loveable "idiots". They drink and lose (this year), they are horrible malcontents.
    I know what you're saying, but totally different scenario in 2004 and this year. In '04 the team took shots of whiskey before the LCS, this year it was select premadonnas drinking beer, eating fried chicken and playing video games while games were going on an during the worst slides ever. And some rat is putting blame on the slide b/c they said Francona had marital issues and was addicted to PKs. F the Sox owners right now for letting that shit get in the paper, they do own some percentage of it

Beckett, Lackey, Varitek, Youkilis, Lester need to go. Theyre a disease.

Quote Originally Posted by GBB View Post
    Senor Octubre strikes again!
    Son of a bitch.

It's looking dire for the Kitties, but I'm hoping for a gem today from Verlander. That will give the Rangers a chance to celebrate in Arlington.

I am kind of cheering for Texas, but this is pretty bad-freaking-ass:

Bottom 6th: Detroit
    - R. Raburn singled to left
    - M. Cabrera doubled, R. Raburn scored
    - V. Martinez tripled to right, M. Cabrera scored
    - D. Young homered to deep left, V. Martinez scored
    - J. Peralta flied out to left
    - B. Inge walked
    - A. Avila struck out looking
    - R. Santiago grounded into fielder's choice, B. Inge out at second

4 runs, 4 hits, 0 errors

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by BigLeagueBrian View Post

Beckett, Lackey, Varitek, Youkilis, Lester need to go. Theyre a disease.
    One comment before I let this rest and let the attention focus on the teams that are actually still playing. But the concept that the Sox should ditch their two best pitchers just because they drank some brews and ate some KFC is asinine. Beckett and Lester were the 12th and 14th best pitchers by WAR in the AL, and Lester is signed to a very reasonable deal. Pitchers don't just grow on trees. I know the impulse is to tear everything down to the ground and start over, but a lot of what happened was just due to dumb luck and random variance. The Sox pythagorean win expectancy for this year was 94-67, which means that, due to nothing but pure random chance, they underperformed their expected wins by 4 games. Make that number even a 2 and we're not having this conversation.

Go Brewers. I really enjoyed watching that team the one summer I worked in WI. Do they still have the grilling segment with one of the broadcasters before the game?

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post

- B. Inge walked

4 runs, 4 hits, 0 errors
    I'm nervous. Especially with Holland on the mound tomorrow. Not a single Texas pitcher has pitched past the 6th inning thus far and I would be shocked if Holland is the one to change that trend. Something tells me you can't win a WS with mediocre starting pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by geomorph View Post
    Go Brewers. I really enjoyed watching that team the one summer I worked in WI.
    My dream Series is Milwaukee vs. Detroit. I'm sure it's no dream for TV ratings, though!

I grew up in Michigan, so I'm a life long Tigers fan and my good friend is from Milwaukee so I had lots of fun going to games at old County Stadium to watch the Brew Crew. Still haven't been to a game at Miller Park yet.

Go Crew!

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post

- B. Inge walked

4 runs, 4 hits, 0 errors
    I was at the Trop in 2009 when the Upton, Crawford, Pena, and Longoria did the same thing. It was cool because you really don't notice till it's over you are cheering so hard, then you say 'Do you realize what just happened?' It wasn't the playoffs, but still....

Not to muck up the MLB thread with Sox talk but what if the Sox had won 1 more game? Would the whole empire have come crashing down when they lost to the Rangers? IDK, but I am happy that there is total chaos in Beantown now. I do not see how the Sox will be better than last year. Will they find a manager better than TF? Unknown. A GM better than Epstein? Unknown. A better brand of fried chicken? Unknown. Lot's of serious questions to be answered.
    Me, I want to live with my feet in Dixie
    and my head in the cool blue North
    - Jimmy Buffet (Nothin' but a breeze)

Rangers in 6.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I hate that drunk-driving, hair-dye abusing LaRussa. I'd prefer a Rangers sweep.