Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I'm with DoWork, put a date on the calendar and show the EC mini how it's done!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

The "Light the Wick" show at Lab has been changed to 3/12 (The Save the Peaks celebrity charity race was pushed back 2 weeks due to 60+ mph winds and zero visibility saturday) still 3-5:30-8pm in the mini lodge. beer and wine will be served

Per this snow storm I am leaving work at noon today to ski at Lab. If anyone else heads out there, ask for change. Green pants, black patagonia down jacket, black helmet.
    Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid.

Well apparently none of you made it out there. That's ok, the good stashes were only thigh deep.

I was there 'til 5! no name, jughandle over and over, a couple of ptarmigan and cutthroat runs.

O'Donnell's woods were great yesterday-not many tracks. Today was bluebird-had to leave early for the SU lax game....

what's O'donnell's woods?

Quote Originally Posted by link1 View Post
    Representing western upstate NY. Coincidence that the CNY summit is the 420th topic on the summit page? I think not!
    and we're skiing just off the 42 parallel!

Quote Originally Posted by half-fast View Post
    I was there 'til 5! no name, jughandle over and over, a couple of ptarmigan and cutthroat runs.

O'Donnell's woods were great yesterday-not many tracks. Today was bluebird-had to leave early for the SU lax game....
    Nice! The skiing was fantastic all weekend long, especially friday night. Skied all over the place... found a ton of great snow but the winning line for the evening was skier's left cutthroat between the netting and the trees. Actually kindof a relief the mountain will be closed tomorrow, so my legs can take a break.

Greek was sick on Saturday, probably on par with how Lab was. Lots of stashes just off the marked glades. Only problem was, went out w/ a good buddy I haven't seen in a while (so I didn't feel right pulling "no friends on a powder day") and a guy he knows, who happened to be very new to the sport (like 5th time ever, but doing pretty well for that amount).

We were splitting up and meeting at the bottom/lift every run, didn't keep us from the goods, but certainly cut down on the number of runs. Then again, my legs needed a rest.

Today was very spring like, except no sun, got out with the Mrs.- basically cruised around. Still fun, but nothing like Saturday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

the winning line for the evening was skier's left cutthroat between the netting and the trees
    skier's right between the netting and trees was good too
    even managed to find one good line in the woods skier's left of no name

So who's going to Lab Fest on Saturday? I'll be there all weekend.

I'll probably be in the main lodge trying to sell light the wick tickets

I should be back in I-town next winter, if that works for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by tief schnee View Post
    I should be back in I-town next winter, if that works for anyone.
    My condolences..

The Light the Wick show for saturday is cancelled and won't be rescheduled due to the impending monsoons.

For what its worth, Lab was awesome monday. Foot and a half or so of dense pow. People on skinny sticks were bitching.

Bummer. I'm pissed that I couldn't make it out there monday. Should have skipped work and skied all day. It was a weird day though and I got stuck without a vehicle and failed at finding someone to drive me down there. Damn it. Monday was an angry day for me.

Bump this, The Ski Company in Syracuse is doing a premiere of One for the Road in Mattydale at the Hollywood theatre. Unfortunately the free tickets are all gone, so 5 bucks early and 10 bucks at the door. The life of a mag is a harsh one...

StuckInOhio: if a bunch of mags were interested, I might be able to put together cheap to free tickets for that event. I might happen to work for them.

We're doing the same one in a week or two in Rochester. I can almost never make these events just because I'll be working. We will probably be doing showing or two of Level 1's after Dark a little later in the fall too, maybe some others as well.

Helldawg Guest
    ^^Cheaper than $5??? I mean I've heard of ski bums, but jeez...

Helldawg: yea, actually free

'like' The Ski Company Syracuse' facebook page http://www.facebook.com/theskicompanysyr and stop by the store before 5pm Friday and get a FREE ticket to the One For the Road premiere.

p.s. not trying to advertise here, just fillin people in on the deal since someone else already brought up the event.

So winters here and I'm back in town. Anyone wanna ski? Greek works best for me and I'm coaching on the weekend days and T/W/Th nights but things loosen up for me middle of March.

Quote Originally Posted by tief schnee View Post
    So winters here and I'm back in town. Anyone wanna ski? Greek works best for me and I'm coaching on the weekend days and T/W/Th nights but things loosen up for me middle of March.
    I'm there, but sporadically not as frequently as I would be in other years. The Die Living sticker (well now E Living) on my primary skis should give me away as a mag. Green Marmot jacket (usually)

BTW, I'm gaping the shit out of it this season. I've been blaming my edges (haven't had the time to tune), but thats a cop out. As I'm sure you know, conditions have been, um, firm.

Actually, its Greek- you can identify me as the only one on actual skis and not on snowlerblades (racers, snowboarders, adaptive and tele excluded).

Meathead Films Prime Cut at Labfest. Sat, Feb 4, 3:30pm, 5pm & 7pm in the mini lodge. Would have showed the TGR film but ski co. scooped us. Refreshments, beer and maybe wine will be available. The Meatheads sent us a bunch of stuff to give away too.

I will be at Lab that afternoon/evening, but I doubt anything short of pouring rain will bring me inside for a movie. Gray Flylow jacket, white rossi phantom pros, brown hat or black solly helmet. If you see me say hi or ask for change or tell me how rad I am or something.

Wish I could make it, sounds like a lot of fun. I'm going to be at Bristol Sat-Mon. I'll be in a Euro trash looking red outfit w/pink kerma poles from the 80's