Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    It is amazing the number of people posting on this thread who have never skied BBRs. Why would anyone care what you have to say about a ski that you have never skied?

I posted about these earlier before I had skied them in powder. Now I have skied them in powder; we have had 88" in the past week in the PNW. They are very good powder skis. If you only want plane above the pow and straight line it, get a Raddict or some other ski that is 115+ underfoot. The BBR skis IN the powder, is responsive and nimble, and refuses to nose dive. Thanks to the 147mm tip you can naturally keep a more forward stance, without burying the tip, than you you normally can in powder, allowing for better control.

It has stunned me the number of morons who can comment on these skis just by their looks and dimensions. I'm all for the humour...but many of you idiots are neither funny nor useful.
    And for a bunch of cool guys - I've heard "gay" used less by my racist, bigoted cunt of a Mother In Law. I'll forward her to your site - shes a lazy fatass internet goon too.

Thanks to those with the brains to put their money where there mouth is.

I skied them, I don't want a pair. I don't think many of the people on here would want a pair either.

Quote Originally Posted by Winters View Post
    It has stunned me the number of morons who can comment on these skis just by their looks and dimensions. I'm all for the humour...but many of you idiots are neither funny nor useful.
    And for a bunch of cool guys - I've heard "gay" used less by my racist, bigoted cunt of a Mother In Law. I'll forward her to your site - shes a lazy fatass internet goon too.

"gay" is out but "cunt" is in!?

Can I still call you a "dandy" or "limp wrister"?

Seems like pretty much everyone here did put their money where their mouth is... and bought something else.

Now quit being a cunt and go gargle some cum. <--- not bigoted

I have honestly seen some of the most shit-tastic skiing being done on BBR's. Everyone I have seen on them has been tailgunning.
    Training for Alpental

I took a pair out for a few runs. I normally ski, gotama's, katana's or Kuro's. As much as I didn't want to like them, they were surprisingly fun and skied pretty well. I think a huge percentage of the skiing public would be very happy on these skis everyday. Based on how they ski, they certainly don't deserve all the crap they get on here.

I rode them for two days, all right frontside ski but they don't do anything better than 100 other skis.

They are a big meh.
    You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?

Don't worry. I'm sure all the naysayers will be vindicated when every ski manufacturer has a BBR look alike in next years line up. Splat is working on one right now called the the FKNABBR.

skied next year's version in a 180something on 10" of chopped up pow, trees, bumps yesterday at copper, they had a demo so why not?

me 6' 200lb aggressive std TGR type. skied my 196 protests all day and was about to call it a day but i had to try out the future of skiing that is the BBR. the salomon rep said the new version had a full metal sheet in it to stiffen it up a bit, and told me to open em up, no speed limit. Also they were mounted with new design saly demo's witch seemed super easy to setup, just dial in the bsl and DIN and they self-center.

So I was pretty beat up from untracked snow all morning skiing tight trees on the protests, my big day hero skis, which are much easier to ski then their dimensions would suggest, although they like to go fast and get moving like they have rockets strapped to em. when left them with the rep, he was surprised by the 'bold' graphic. Speaking of graphics, next year's BBR has toned down the blue and is much darker, looks better.

So they are easy to ski, and when you have 10" chopped up on top of wind buffed hardpack, they really are a great ski for that condition. They feel like an all mountain carver with a powder tip, which is also what they look like. the interesting tip shape wasn't as hooky as I expected, and it planed up on powder snow pretty well, although the pin-tail sunk quickly, so it was easy to get tossed into the back seat, not where you want to be on these skis. While the protests have a huge sweet-spot and don't really care how forward or back you are, the BBR demands proper form and will reward that with great ease in turn shape variation. Bumps were easy, although the large tips seem to bang into each other quite a bit, that never really annoyed me. the strangest sensation though is how much more weight is in front of you, rather than behind you so the ski seems to pivot around the front of your boot, I felt the mounting point could move forward a few CM.

I did not ski them in bottomless, nor on true hardpack, nor did I attempt to ski switch on them. I would say they are a good attempt at a 1-ski quiver for the west for those people who like how a narrow carving ski feels on the hard pack, or who likes powder-bumps and has good form. however i think a 2-ski quiver would work better 90% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Jong-un View Post
    Splat is working on one right now called the the FKNABLR.
    fixed it.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

wow, I was thinking about these the other day; am I wrong or did they just fucking disappear? I ski in a small corner of the universe but seems like they just went totally away like no ski from a big maker has in recent memory...I dunno, prolly should just open my eyes. I guess maybe old+(possibly) short run, hell, i never even see them on CL or for sale as used demos (though probably too old for that by now). Just an interesting case study, probably in marketing.
    Last edited by Jong Lafitte; 12-29-2016 at 01:14 PM.

I saw a guy skiing a pair just the other day, but it has been a couple of years since I had seen a pair in the flesh.

I saw a pair this past week and kinda thought the same thing. There was a short period where all the rich gumbies at Vail had a pair. I'm sure they all moved on to soul 7s and then to DPS.

I hear they make nice tele skis.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Will there be a special limited edition topsheet graphic that will show up in Gear Swap occasionally for ludicrous prices?

The PBR BBR?
    Still waiting for the Peeber Bieber...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    I saw a pair this past week and kinda thought the same thing. There was a short period where all the rich gumbies at Vail had a pair. I'm sure they all moved on to soul 7s and then to DPS.
    Yeah, i still see plenty around Aspen. Rich, slow skiing 50-70y/o "locals" with tight pants and waist-belted jackets.

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    I'm sure they all moved on to soul 7s and then to DPS.
    Hahaha! It's funny because it's true.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Believe it or not, I sport the BBRs. Why? Because I mostly board, wanted to get back on skis, and I could get a pair for $150 new. At my current skill level, anything one step above rentals is fine.

Hate to resurrect this hate-fest on the BBR, but...I recently fell into a pair at a garage sale. $30 mounted with decent resort binders, very good condition. I couldn't help myself.....

I'm looking at that narrow waist and bloated spire-like tip and thinking:
    1. Did they steal/share the Icelantic Shaman condom tip design, just bringing it to a point.
    2. Has anyone tried to set up a pair for spring touring? Could be fun for the volcanoes out here. They seem a bit on the heavier side so maybe not ideal, but that pointy tip is begging to roped by a skin.

Probably you should have stayed in the closet ... I am pretty sure you are dead to us
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know