Crazy for the Storm

Friend of mine gave me this book awhile back and finally read it last week. It's not the best writing and it won't change your life, but I still feel the need to recommend it due to its subject matter. It involves the father/son relationship, powder skiing, surfing, fighting, adventure, and survival. Quick easy read and hits on a lot of what makes this place tick.

Building a fighting force of extra-ordinary magnitude
    I read that'n. his descriptions could use some work though.... my imagination had a tough time envisioning the mountain where the plane crashed even though I've lived out there and drove through the area he's describing. didn't take long to read though....3 or 4 days I think. ...though maybe it was me and not the book that was confused as I'm now recalling that I read that after I broke my femur so there was alot of vicodin, red wine and ganja happening. hehe..... I did really like the parts about when he'd go surfing as a young buck.

either way, certainly worth a recommendation!
    thats new hampshire as fuck

We ain't eager to be legal, so please leave me with the keys to your Jeep Eagle.

Quote Originally Posted by vinzclortho View Post
    I read that'n. his descriptions could use some work though.... my imagination had a tough time envisioning the mountain where the plane crashed even though I've lived out there and drove through the area he's describing. didn't take long to read though....3 or 4 days I think. ...though maybe it was me and not the book that was confused as I'm now recalling that I read that after I broke my femur so there was alot of vicodin, red wine and ganja happening. hehe..... I did really like the parts about when he'd go surfing as a young buck.

either way, certainly worth a recommendation!
    Agreed, I think his writing lacked much descriptive quality, especially as to the survival portion. It seemed more of a diary to me with more happening in his head than on the page.