Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ramp Skis

Murderous Lady Marmot?

Quote Originally Posted by Winkler View Post
    Murderous Lady Marmot?
    Valiant attempt, but unfortunately the outcome was callously unfunny.

MLM

Multi Level Marketing

I skied the RAMp Woodpecker's over the weekend and they were a very quick turner with excellent edge grip on hardpack. Pressuring the tips really helped them hookup and carve. They also handled the moderate soft stuff just fine and were nice in the few bumplines that were available.
    http://BestSkiSales.com
    Ski &Snowboard Deals

Quote Originally Posted by JHoback View Post
    I skied the RAMp Woodpecker's over the weekend and they were a very quick turner with excellent edge grip on hardpack. Pressuring the tips really helped them hookup and carve. They also handled the moderate soft stuff just fine and were nice in the few bumplines that were available.
    I agree...I had to get more pressure forward to get them to hook-up and come around...great grip underfoot. No deflection in junk and pretty darn stable.
    Mass-Produced Skiers Use Mass-Produced Skis
    Rip it up with something different.
    Support small and independent ski builders
    http://www.ExoticSkis.com

Suspicious number of low post comments on these. FWIW - saw a pretty good tele skier rocking the Peacepipes on bumps at Wildcat last weekend who raved about them to the extent that I thought he may have some connections to the company. All he would disclose was he that he "got a good deal on them and was trying them out" as far as connections.

Coulda been someone who got the "Rep" signup deal discount or one of their other discount promo programs, I bet.

Door-to-door ski salesman. So hot right now. Does anyone need a vacuum?
    "Life's not a bitch. Life's a beautiful woman. You only call her a bitch 'cause she won't let you get that pussy." - Aesop

"Chairlift-to-Chairlift" salesman....good old "Hill Reps" will never disappear completely, I don't think...always good for a demo, though.

look kind of like 333 skis.

Quote Originally Posted by brown9 View Post
    look kind of like 333 skis.
    Not at all like 333 skis...good quality and construction for a decent price with the discount codes. I really liked the ride of the Peacepipe and Frenzy a bunch. I didn't really like the graphics all that much though..

Quote Originally Posted by ExoticSkis View Post
    Not at all like 333 skis...good quality and construction for a decent price
    Flexed a pair of peace pipes the other day at 2nd tracks sports, X2 on the better build quality. Throw in the favorable exotic skis review and I'm sufficiently motivated to give them a few runs, bullshit MLM rep program aside.

I demoed peacepipes for 2 runs and couldn't wait to get them off of my feet. They were small and incredibly unstable. Definitely the worst ski I've ever put on my feet.

to revive a old thread - these guys are offering a patrol discount. But i can find nothing on them as far as reviews doing a google search? Does anyone else have anything to add on these?

Some of my reviews from their pre-launch last season....not sure how many other reviews are out there.

http://www.exoticskis.com/forum/defa...?g=topics&f=44

Quote Originally Posted by leukus View Post
    these guys are offering a patrol discount
    Also a good deal on promotive.com. I think that an epicski.com membership includes promotive.com access, so if you're planning to buy a pair of RAMPs and don't otherwise qualify, you'll save multiples of the membership cost on that order. (And they even talk about skiing off piste on rockered skis these days, so hey.)
    not counting days 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    I find it interesting that I get stuff through a couple sources from this company today, and then all the sudden we get an influx of NEW members posting nothing but glowing reviews...

Paint me suspicious.
    RAMP is holy grail of shitty skis.

Do not trust the suspicious reviews on this, as some fucking moron from RAMP thinks they can create an accout to post about their comapny.... hype bullshit.

The owners of Crested Butte invested in this company, fucking idiots, and there was always demos around.

No one that tried them liked these skis. Plus fuck it made in taiwon...gay.

My girl friend was gifted a pair of piece pipes, sick looking ski btw, and sold them two weeks later. This should speak above everything else to how shitty these are.

Quote Originally Posted by TwinTipFlip View Post
    My girl friend was gifted a pair of piece pipes, sick looking ski btw, and sold them two weeks later. This should speak above everything else to how shitty these are.
    Hard to tell without the requisite pics.
    Last edited by The Dad; 09-20-2011 at 05:57 PM.
    not counting days 2016-17

This was on Exoticskis.com

A new USA company incorporated in 2009 by Michael Kilchenstein (long history with Rossignol) and Victor Waryas selling a full line of skis (male, female and junior) and snowboards and a unique program of aggressive Rep, Instructor, Insider and Pro distribution promotions. They also pay $50 usd toward a new ski or board purchase if you trade in your old skis or boards. They will either donate the skis (if in good condition), recycle them into furniture or use SIA recycling to help the environment. They offer a 3 day trial...if you do not like your skis or board after 3 days, return it for another Ramp ski or board. One year warranty that doubles to two years if you order with a binding setup.

2750 Rasmussen Rd. Suite 103
    Park City, Utah, 84098
    1-888-406-0567
    Live Hard

"When the Government fears the People there is Liberty, When the People fear the Government, there is Tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
    Also a good deal on promotive.com. I think that an epicski.com membership includes promotive.com access, so if you're planning to buy a pair of RAMPs and don't otherwise qualify, you'll save multiples of the membership cost on that order. (And they even talk about skiing off piste on rockered skis these days, so hey.)
    Being a gapic member earns you promotive access? Am I the only one shaking my head over this?

shit i have a ramp skis sticker on my helmet, didn't even know it was a ski company till one of their 'reps' came up to me all excited one day. cool sticker, too bad i may have to replace it based on what i have read on this thread.

note to self, know the brand before advertising their product

I had to create a log in to this site just to post my review of this ski. Please don't take my first post to mean that I'm new to the industry, (I've been selling skis since 2000) but I generally hate forums and avoid joining them...

With that said I rode the Peacepipe last year and had never before experienced a ski quite like it. I tried to keep an open mind about a marketing company producing a ski, I mean it's got great dimensions, some ok graphics so I thought I'd try a demo.

In short, these skis are irredeemably terrible. There's nothing they do well or anything good to say about them. Lets start with hardpack, sure they arent designed for that but a ski that is this heavy should have some stability right? Wrong! They chatter all over the place and even working the ski as fast and as hard as possible the tips stay way off the snow (there's not even that much of an early rise, I know).

The ski has the worst flex profile of any powder ski I have ever experienced. As, you can imagine deep powder is much the same. Like going in a straight line? GREAT because if you're looking to turn/arc the ski you are screwed. To be clear, I'm not even talking about weaving through trees (don't even think about it) even wide open powder fields will require you to manhandle the skis into the most simple GS turns. Imagine skiing a superfat classic cross country ski and you've pretty much got a Peacepipe.

This ski ruined a great powder day for me and I will forever hate it. I will stand behind the fact that anyone who recommends this ski is either a hack or paid directly by the company.

Just so you don't think I'm a hater, let me tell you about some excellent skis I rode last season...
    BD Amperage... F'in awesome ski!!! Tonnes of energy throughout turn in and exit, unbelievably quick ski turn to turn in the deepest snow you can imagine. Light too, toured the ski and was amazed, for something that is so stable at speed it is in a class by itself. The only downside is the bases are delicate and paper thin, expect to get some core shots.

K2 Hardside... Also a very rewarding ski, don't let the ugly fool you this ski rips! Skis powder better then it's dimensions would have you believe with some serious authority. Burly skis that will reward your every input with lots of feedback and encourage you to ski hard and fast.

Ok, well I've spent enough time writing this review. In short, don't buy the Peacepipe, please people I'm seriously trying to help you here. I know they sell factory direct and they will be your bro but you will hate everyday you spend with them.

^^^^^haha I guess these skis blow!

I don't know why this thread was bumped so oddly. But I just thought I'd point out that the wife has owned one of their products for over a year now and likes it. We demoed a bunch of their lineup before she bought it. I liked the Frenzy a lot as a hardpack ski, and I thought the Peacepipe was fine - the softish flex and damp feel reminded me a little bit of my old K2 Seths. I don't think it would be my first choice for a ski in this category, but that's a matter of personal preference more than it is something "wrong" with the ski. I am not an expert in ski building, but the construction seemed fine to me, and wifey hasn't had any problems with the board that we bought for her.

The hate in this thread seems kind of ridiculous to me. Ramp seemed like nice people trying to get some good product out there. They were really generous with their demos, and I kind of liked the fact that they seem to be emphasizing the skinny end of their line.