Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Big Tim skiing to the lot at Baldy today.

Snow was winter packed as the temps have stayed below freezing.Another storm coming tonight

^^^nice.
    looks like more new snow is on the way.

Wow, snowing down to 2,000 in the high desert, tomorrow is going to be the shiznit.

I would way on parking lot run for a while. Had a real long hike out on Thursday
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Nice score.Glad to see you putting those FT12`s to good use.

Quote Originally Posted by TWINS View Post
    Nice score.Glad to see you putting those FT12`s to good use.
    They look good on those Watea's don't they? It still amazes me how well those two little toe pins hold.

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    I would way on parking lot run for a while. Had a real long hike out on Thursday
    From the back and across the flats? How much more do you estimate it needs?

From bottom of south bowl you can traverse to waterfall. hike down waterfall, then ski to 2/3 field point. It needs another couple feet. Other issue is the reeds in waterfall, waterfall drop and creek in the field. Seems very different this year, rain has washed away alot of terrain. may not fill in or require mandatory air at waterfall choke
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

2021/2022 (13/15)

Once again baldy is listed as one of top 4 snowfalls on TGR page. Love the local Mtn and my season pass. Should be empty now, nice.
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?

2021/2022 (13/15)

Some pics from last Thursday at Baldy, and they say socal isn't big mtns

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC300312.jpg 
Views:	406 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	88352  
    Last edited by whyturn; 01-06-2011 at 11:06 AM.
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?

2021/2022 (13/15)

Anyone hike up to the Baldy hut this week? Thinking about doing a day trip out there Saturday, trying to get handle on coverage.
    There's no grain in green.

Some pics from last Thursday at Baldy, and they say socal isn't big mtns
    Assuming that last photo is from the top of the waterfall, I can see how the hike out must have really sucked.

Anyone ever ski this line? I'm sure it gets beat by the sun but looks fun, after a short hike up the backbone and the step-up. How hairy is the backbone after a storm?
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 01-06-2011 at 12:23 AM.

I looked at that line and the bowl off baldy 4-5 times. Many lines off 4 to the lot in the morning and it looked good over there. It's been cold so could be good. Once I get my AT setup back we should scope those lines. A film crew hit the face straight behind thunder. Long hike but line looked sick
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?

2021/2022 (13/15)

and they say socal isn't big mtns

...and steep too. I am doubly impressed that you can ski it "switch to the road."

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

I did a search of the forum and couldn't really find anything, but has anyone skied (and I'm sure someone has at some point) the peak above chair chair 3? It always looks so prime to be slayed. Any info?

Quote Originally Posted by socalbaldyskier View Post
    I did a search of the forum and couldn't really find anything, but has anyone skied (and I'm sure someone has at some point) the peak above chair chair 3? It always looks so prime to be slayed. Any info?
    yep, but not very often. it is a good one.
    tr from last year :
    [ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2796011&postcount=228"]Teton Gravity Research Forums - View Single Post - 2009-10 SoCal Snow Thread[/ame]

[ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2804699&postcount=236"]Teton Gravity Research Forums - View Single Post - 2009-10 SoCal Snow Thread[/ame]

search "telegraph peak"

i know there have been a few TRs. it certainly does look inviting, especially after a few laps on a rutted out thunder mountain. i haven't been out there yet either, but the sidecountry out of south bowl was corned up and fantastic the other day...

You don't really need snow to ski So Cal