Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12
    Quote Originally Posted by srface_hoar View Post
    We have been teaching a number of Level I and Level II courses each year for the last 10-12 years. They have been filling up through word of mouth so I don't usually advertise.

I may have to put together a Maggot class for the TGR folks. I will think about this for next year and let everyone know.
    I missed this post a few months ago but I would definitely be interested in this class next season. Please remind me as your putting the class together next season, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    It's legit, the original post was made by TGR member "MtBaldyChamber", which is the Mt Baldy Chamber of Commerce. The first year the Baldy Chamber of Commerce did this deal the pass was $49.99. Next year it was around $99 with a $25 gift card, then $119 this year. They're probably trying this new promotion site to attact new buyers that haven't been pass holders before.
    Sweet hookup! I'm a new pass holder so it worked

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post

Guess I'll be given them a call about sending me a gift card or partial refund, after paying $119 (with no gift card) in March via the "Lowest Prices for 2011-2012 Snow Season" 3/14/11 email.

Let me know how that call goes!

That really pisses me off. I bought mine back in March too, for 119.00$. If they advertise "lowest prices of the season" I would hope they are honest enough to stick to that. Doing a promotion like this is really screwing people.

I reminds me of back when they first did the virtual pass. They sold a bunch of them, then announced that their were a limited number of reservations per day. After people, who had already purchased passes without the stipulation, got mad, they came on here and announced that they were "being transparent." It was pretty annoying, because adding stipulations is not "being transparent," it is screwing people who have already purchased a pass under a different agreement. It seems they have not learned their lesson from this.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Called Mount Baldy customer service today and stressed that I love Baldy, but wasn't too thrilled that the "lowest price of the year" $119 pass I bought in March is now selling for $59.50. She said they're sorry, and added my name to a list of $119 passholders who have called upset about the new, much lower price.

She didn't know what (or if) management is going to do about it, but that if they do anything they'll get back to everybody on the list. So we'll see.

I'm so tempted to get this pass today and maybe ski baldy for the first time. The conditions vary pretty wildly, is there ever December pow?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Sorry to hear you guys that bought the pass at full price... A buddy of mine texted me the link to the deal last week when it first went up so I snagged one. I figured it was legit since the friend is a local close to Baldy. Even if it wasn't, I used my amex to pay for it and wouldn't have any issue getting my money back.

ml242, do it, it's only $59. Go once and the pass is paid for. Last year was the first year I went to Baldy and I've lived out here for 7 years now. After my first run there, I wanted to kick myself in the ass for not going every year I've been out here. Yes, the conditions do vary, but if you time the storms right and follow the weather it can get really really good. Although I haven't been to Baldy in previous years, I remember a big storm back in 2005 that dropped 3-4 feet in November.

Called today and they told me to send an email to sian at mtbaldy.com
    Whatever, hopefully more pow this season, free $50 lunch card would be fine with me
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

It's confirmed! Received this via email from the 'Office' at Mt Baldy

In our system you do show as a pass holder and your payment was cleared.

Sian (Ticket Office Supervisor) responded to me today, sounds like a real nice guy. He said those who bought the $119 pass can contact him for two physical one-day lift tickets (which can be gifted) OR $60 on a Baldy gift card.

Sounds pretty fair to me, thanks Baldy!
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 07-01-2011 at 10:06 PM.

That's a solid solution, baldy scores points for good customer service

Free ski movie and lift ticket for this season at Mount Baldy on 11-03.
    Attend a free ski movie and also receive a free Mt Baldy lift ticket to ski or snowboard this upcoming season.
    As part of a global tour Standard Films lastest movie 2112 will be premiered at the Top of the Notch Restaurant in Mt Baldy on November 3rd 2012 at 8:00 PM.

Filmed on location in Iceland, Norway, Austria, Sweden, Washington, Red Mountain BCWhistler BC, Alpine Meadows, Northstar, Mammoth Mountain, Haines Alaska makes this movie a visual treat not to be missed.

There will also be raffles and giveaways during the event.

Vouchers to this event can be downloaded at http://www.GetFreeTicketsHere.com/shop A simple login is required.

Due to seating capacity this offer may be withdrawn at anytime. All vouchers will be issued on a first come, first served basis.

Vouchers include free round trip on the Sugar Pine Chairlift to the Notch, free admission to "2112" movie and free lift ticket to ski or snowboard at Mt Baldy this season. That's a 99.00 value, yours for free when you download the voucher.

^^^I signed up, hoping to give the free lift ticket to friends. Then watched the preview for the movie, not really my type of ski film. :-)

406, Starting a new Thread soon?

Was hoping a new socal thread would pop up after finding this one a couple weeks back while searching.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    ^^^I signed up, hoping to give the free lift ticket to friends. Then watched the preview for the movie, not really my type of ski film. :-)
    Also going up to get some free tickets for friends,have a few beers and enjoy the evening.Moon should be at least 3/4 full for those that want to walk back to the car from the Notch.

The TGR twofer is happening at the claremont colleges on same day and it will include lift ticket to various places and maybe baldy as well. Check the thread ($21 fpr two movies)
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Looks like there'll be some snow in the mountains today and tonight. NOAA is calling for 2-4 inches with 4-8 locally.

Gonna head up to Baldy tomorrow morning to check the place out.

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    Looks like there'll be some snow in the mountains today and tonight. NOAA is calling for 2-4 inches with 4-8 locally.

Gonna head up to Baldy tomorrow morning to check the place out.
    Take some photos please...

sent from the future using my mind powers
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

If you're going by the NOAA forecast for Baldy, the actual snow levels will typically be 1,000 feet higher and half of the expected accumulation. The wind forecast is usually pretty accurate, but neglects to mention the freezing mist that coats everything (and I mean everything) with inches of clear, solid ice.

If there's a storm, don't be fooled by it appearing calm and mellow at the parking lot, it could easily be 50 mph sideways freezing sleet up top. Unless it's sunny, never head up the main lift without packing a waterproof/windproof shell, googles and something to cover your face.