Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lph View Post
    for those buying carbon frames are you planning on keeping them long term? ie 3-4 years.
    I don't have any plans to get rid of it due to durability anyway.
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

Can't believe it hasn't been at least mentioned that;
    Mike West+ML-8=Colorado Super D dominance in 2009. I'm just sayin'
    あなたのおっぱいは富士山のように美しいです。富士

Kendo Yamamoto "1984"

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Sweet carbon bike..........taint spanker...............you're 40 now, you know that right?

That thing looks sick man. I'm sure you'll dig it. I know it looks darker than that flash photo would imply so I'll just say it again......black on blue.....best color combo ever.
    I've got a Sunline V-one 745mm in ANO BLUE lying around...... Thinking Particle might need it for this build?
    - - - - Skiing is for little fat kids - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeel View Post
    Can't believe it hasn't been at least mentioned that;
    Mike West+ML-8=Colorado Super D dominance in 2009. I'm just sayin'
    Mike West is not like most people. He was also destroying Semi Pro DH races on a modded ML8 w/Fox40. That goes well beyond WT/AM/SDBWMB - type calculations.

Quote Originally Posted by ridevt View Post
    I've got a Sunline V-one 745mm in ANO BLUE lying around...... Thinking Particle might need it for this build?
    Definitely. But I might too. I bought some inch high risers off chainlove and realized they weren't the rise I wanted. If it's the low rise, wanna sell it?
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

ridevt - already got a blue bar from the Hukees but thanks! Planning on keeping the carbon frame at least 2 seasons, most of my bikes max out at 3 seasons so that's probably max.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

Decided to go with the new Turner 5 spot. I guess I am still carbon shy. Just so much opportunity for rock strikes and I do like to keep my bikes for as long as possible. Gonna do a XCish build. First thing the LBS says to me is, 'You sure you don't want to do a Mojo HD instead?' LBS is both a Turner and Ibis dealer.

I may still eventually build a Firebird burly like, simply move parts from SS over to Firebird, but that is gonna be decided after my present injury is sorted out.
    "A man on foot, on horseback or on a bicycle will see more, feel more, enjoy more in one mile than the motorized tourists can in a hundred miles."
    — Edward Abbey (Desert Solitaire)

but that is gonna be decided after my present injury is sorted out.
    What did you do? Let's have a contest encompassing the last 4 months. Loser buys the winner a 5-spot. Deal?
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    What did you do? Let's have a contest encompassing the last 4 months. Loser buys the winner a 5-spot. Deal?
    Over last 4 months you win. no contest.

over the next 4 months I win.

so where does that leave us? I guess we buy each other a 5 spot!
    "A man on foot, on horseback or on a bicycle will see more, feel more, enjoy more in one mile than the motorized tourists can in a hundred miles."

Decided to go with the new Turner 5 spot. I guess I am still carbon shy. Just so much opportunity for rock strikes and I do like to keep my bikes for as long as possible. Gonna do a XCish build. First thing the LBS says to me is, 'You sure you don't want to do a Mojo HD instead?' LBS is both a Turner and Ibis dealer.

I may still eventually build a Firebird burly like, simply move parts from SS over to Firebird, but that is gonna be decided after my present injury is sorted out.
    The fact that the Remedy is replacing my Anthem, and I still have my Syren is one of the main reasons I'm not sweating the carbon frame (or cranks or bars, etc.) It's meant to be my XC/trail bike, and I have another 6" trail bike that's more of my FR/trail bike. Trek did a nice job with the protective strip under the downtube and such, which should help too.
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

Over last 4 months you win. no contest.

over the next 4 months I win.

so where does that leave us? I guess we buy each other a 5 spot!
    What happened to both of you? I haven't been paying attention, obviously.

I just ordered a mojo too and I can't sleep waiting for it to arrive this week!
    We can be team ibis at the super-d's this year (skijunky is getting an HD as well to compliment his SL)
    I went with the White frame with blue links. I know the black is cool but the white matches my fur.
    I have broken a carbon trek frame but I hammered the hell out of it for close to 5 yrs. I'm not too worried about it and you see how hard andrew hammers his and it's still intact (antijinx)

Not to change the subject but we heard that they may not hold the Brian Head super-d this yr unless they get feedback from more folks that will attend. If anyone else is def going it might be a good idea to email the race organizers and let them know you have interest.

Wow! You and skijunky should buy stock in Ibis, 3 mojos in one garage?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry View Post
    pissing in a sink? fucking rookies. Shit in an oven, then you'll be pro.

They're MoHos?

lph, nice score. The Spot is proving to be really capable, particularly for a "little" bike. I need to listen to the voice in my head telling me to underbike more often.

mo ho's - I love it.
    Andrew is riding for them this summer so we've got to represent! plus I was pretty tired of riding my miniscule 4" travel bike

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    Not to change the subject but we heard that they may not hold the Brian Head super-d this yr unless they get feedback from more folks that will attend. If anyone else is def going it might be a good idea to email the race organizers and let them know you have interest.
    You can also let them know on the Utah DH FB page:

http://www.facebook.com/utahdh

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post

Weird! I'm their profile pic and I've never seen that photo before. I'm not even entirely sure where it is, though I'm guessing White Pine, maybe...

Done.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry View Post
    pissing in a sink? fucking rookies. Shit in an oven, then you'll be pro.

Says it's on now.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

^excellent!
    are you going to join us for some more super-d's this summer too?

connie that is a rad photo!!!

pretty happy with the decision, glad you like yours. funny that a 5.5" bike is a 'little' bike. i have realized that for 90% of the rides I do, the new 5spot will be perfect

Great picture Connie!!!

carbon Nomad for sure! It's the best bike in the market. You don't have to see only how it works and by the way the Nomad c is a super stiff frame and works awesome. Another important fact is the way it is built, the pivots technology, etc. WIth Santa Cruz new bikes, the pivots are incredibly sealed from outside moisture and are very easy to open and clean. FIrst time I see a good job on the pivots engeneering.
    Ride the Best Trails in Peru, ride with inkasadventures.com

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    I need to listen to the voice in my head telling me to underbike more often.
    For some reason, the idea of underbiking still depresses me.

I agree, I like bringing my howitzer to a knife fight.
    Keep it unclipped