In Patient Rehab Facility Recommedations for Ira

Been here a long time and never thought I would have to write this kind of an email but here I am. I was clearing some trees off of a "legal" ski trail in AK and after many years of felling trees one went the wrong way and got me. I am layed up with a crushed L1 Vertebra. They fused the three vertebra above and below so all is good there. The spinal column did not get cut but got pinched. I CURRENTLY have no motor control below my hips and every day the touch sensation increases in those areas. I currently have some feeling in the coccyx vertebrae and nerves in that area.

What I am looking for is since all you mags know people - I need some good inpatient rehab facilities that will help get me up and walking. If not walking just doing all the great stuff I currently do. I am a long time Alaskan who is used to doing everything....and I want to get back to that lifestyle. I am looking really hard at the University of Washington but I want to make sure I am making the right decision.

I have no information to add, however, I just want to say good luck in your journey.

Our thoughts are with you during your road to recovery...

Not familiar w/ specific facilities in the Pacific NW but would pick a facility that has a spinal cord rehab program - University of Washington has a fantastic orthopedic surgery dept, so presumptively has a strong background in this. Perhaps call a spine surgeon or physical medicine doc in the region and ask where they would recommend.

Again, best of luck...update us as you improve.
    Originally Posted by jm2e:
    To be a JONG is no curse in these unfortunate times. 'Tis better that than to be alone.

Healing vibes and strong prayers for a fast recovery Ira! Keep on Keepin' on!

http://tetongravity.com/forums/showt...=206745&page=2

Please post well wishes and such on this thread.

Thanks,

Ira