Chamonix hotel recommendations please

My pard and I will be in Cham in March. Can anyone recommend a hotel in town close to the Aiguille tram? We're looking for a medium priced hotel with private bath. The last time we got a great deal at le Morgane but now it's a little too expensive.

For starters try

the Richmond
    T: +33.4 50 53 08 85

or the Aiguille du Midi
    T: +33 (0)4 50 53 00 65

or the Vallee Blanche
    T: +33 (0)4 50 53 04 50

enjoy!
    that's not bad...
    www.nosiesta.com
    IFMGA Ski & Mountain Guide

I stayed at Faucigny this year on Joe Strummer's recommendation. It's not so close to the Aiguille (although our window looked straight up at it), it's right near the Church/Tourist Office/Guides Office. It was great and we had a great time.

It was about 90e per night I think.

Thanks very much for these suggestions. The Hotel le Chamonix looked promising but they have a five night minimum and the nights must be consecutive. We'll be staying three nights, then touring, then staying two nights.

We're also looking at Hotel Les Aiglons. I'll update this in case anyone is interested.

I would look into renting an apt. for the week. A quick google search should find you hundreds of them.

me and the GF got a place for $900 or so for the week last march 3 blocks from the main strip by the hostel vagabond.

It may even work out cheaper for you even with the nights off, and you get a fridge and a kitchen so you save serious $$ on food which can add up in that town.

We now have reservations at the Hotel les Aiglons. It's 130 euros per day per person which includes breakfast and Mont Blanc Unlimited passes. Not cheap but not outrageous. The location is ideal and we'll be plenty comfortable for sure.

The apartment idea would save a ton of money. If I were younger I would do that. On the other hand when I was young I probably would have just gone with no reservations and wandered around looking for someplace that looked OK.

Thanks again everybody.
    Last edited by wardog; 11-27-2010 at 03:59 PM.

I just want to say all those hotels that you guys recommended look great. I'll keep them in my notes.

the aiglons is very nice and had a hot masseuse in the spa when i went
    fur bearing, drunk, prancing eurosnob

Helldawg Guest
    Best Western.

Hotel le Morgane in Cham is a Best Western too. I feel some guilt about staying at these places rather than family-run hotels.

I'll sell some extra stuff before I go so I can afford a couple sessions with that masseuse. I'll need the massage anyway and if she's beautiful that sure won't hurt. Or if I can't afford the massage maybe I can give her a couple euros to let me stare at her for half an hour.
    Last edited by wardog; 11-28-2010 at 10:36 AM.