Thread: Norrona Packs?

Norrona Packs?

I need to replace my 10 year old Dakine Heli Pro so I was browsing BC.com and DOG and saw they are selling Norrona. The stuff is pricy and looks pretty sharp but anyone have any experience with their packs? I'm thinking of the Narvik 15L to replace my Dakine as my everyday bc pack. Thoughts?

http://www.backcountry.com/norrna-na...rrProd=NRA0252
    Last edited by Raps; 11-19-2010 at 01:34 AM.

Only fondeled the 15L in shop, not to confidence inspiring if you ask me. Kind of a thin"build" quality to it, sure the materials are great as always but I find this pack to be on the lighters side, construction wise. I would not concider it...
    I do however have a Falketind 45L and a friend has the 100L, that a hole different story. Really bomber packs.

Falketind 30=good pack. Dunno about the narvik, though

Thanks for the beta - thats too bad to hear, I was really hoping that was gonna be the one. I wonder if the 25L version is a little more burly? I wish they listed their US stores on the website so I could try to see in person as well.....

Quote Originally Posted by Raps View Post
    I wish they listed their US stores on the website so I could try to see in person as well.....
    Isn't Backcountry the exclusive outlet for Norrona in the US? I thought the website claimed it was.

Edit: Yep, seems to say it is. Are there stores that backcountry stocks with stuff that you can see their exclusive stuff in person?

Dont let the thin fabric fool you. Say,the old arcteryx khamskis were made of thin fabric and they still wear fine after 5-6 years,at least mine have.

Couple of friends that have used the new norronas have been happy,at least with the weight & everything, they havent been complaining. And norronas warranty,at least on the old continent have been top notch if they have been able to break the bucles or what not.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

I haven't had a norrona pack, but they were super cool about warrantying a jacket I bought last year. I sent them photos of seams pulling apart and they had me exchange with backcountry. Email correspondence was all timely and courteous.
    "Nothing like a very, very amorous woman in a leg imobilizer who dozes off every 3 1/2 minutes."
    -Notchtop

Hmmm interesting......I'm super curious now so I may just pull the trigger. Is 15L still big enough to fit shovel, probe, skins, a base layer, water bottle and a few cliff bars? My current pack is 20L so i'm not sure how much of a downgrade 15L will be and i'm too cheap to step up to the 25L Norrona....

15L is pretty damn small. I've got a Dakine tram pack (13.5L) and its stretched to the max with water, shovel, and probe. I think with an extra 1.5L's, either skins or baselayer would fit, but probably not both.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    15L is pretty damn small. I've got a Dakine tram pack (13.5L) and its stretched to the max with water, shovel, and probe. I think with an extra 1.5L's, either skins or baselayer would fit, but probably not both.
    Yeah I didn't even think about my Nikon D40 that I usually take too......might have to check out their 25L

does that thing have a waist strap? looks like no?
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

An option in the same price bracket: Arcteryx Silo 18.

Even in a pack that small I'd be annoyed by the lack of compression straps on the Narvik

Yeah doesn't look like it has that much of a waist strap.......I think i'm just gonna pull the trigger on the Narvik 25L cause i'm pretty curious about this company. Seems like I should prob go Osprey Kode 22 or something but i'm feeling like something different.....

Thanks for the beta, I will be sure to review it after I put it through some tests....

I ended up pulling the trigger on the 25L.....just got it today and i'm super impressed by the initial look and feel. Has every bell and whistle I need on a BC pack, great fabrics, excellent placement of zippers/straps etc... to be more specific, it has an adjustable diagonal ski carrier that will fit every fat ski out there, a camelback compartment with hose compartment/zipper going down the harness, beefy belt with small pocket, shovel compartment, goggle pocket, side access on one side of the bag and probably the brightest neon zipper i've ever seen.

I will review again when I actually use it but i'm pretty pumped on my choice