Page 37 of 67 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    East faces are where I was seeing all of the results. The ice layer is especially recognizable there. Decker 9th hole is north west. I didn't see any results on that aspect.

Duffy is spooky lately.

So much unpredictability; 30 deg slopes avalanching. 50 deg slopes just fine. NW slopes whumphin, NE slopes fine etc etc. So far (touch wood) at least the WB area seems to have some degree of predictability.

I just got home to the PNW last weekend, (so I'm not as well versed on the layers/snowpack. I was told it rained a significant amount while I was gone, high freezing temps etc.) We witnessed numerous natural releases on the ice cap/brandywine on north facing aspects these last 3 days, ~1-2ft crowns, up to 300ft across. We stayed the hell away from everything north facing, terrain with hangfire, terrain traps and steeper faces. Scary seeing spontaneous slides when you're across the valley... Play safe out there. It's not worth it, if it's that unstable and ripping on its own it sure as hell wont take a 150lb skier, or 500lb sled.

These were all over the rutherford... lookers right.

What blows me away is that even with all these untriggered releases, people are still skiing these slopes or sledding/highmarking TWO OR MORE AT A TIME. Yikes, no thank you.

It's two weeks old observations from me but the snowpack hasn't changed substantially since what you just said nadia. I was on the Appa Glacier - a bit below where your shot was taken and observed natural cornice falls on N aspects at close to the precip level of 2000m. I think the rain and heavy snow mix that fell loaded those cornices with quite a bit of failure weight. It's probably improved since then with the lower Freezing levels but cornices still aren't confidence-inspiring.

Anyone wanna claim this one? Monday, Feb. 7 around lunchtime. Glad you made it out unscathed - we only witnessed the debris slowing down and you cleaning out your shorts. I can send a couple high res pics if you'd like.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5432962784_7efb9a015e_b.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	304.3 KB 
ID:	93057

Ullr's back!

Ullr is apparently back, well rested and ready to rock! That young intern replacing him looked good with her blue skies but she was weak in the snow department. That snowpack is gonna be a different beast in a few days, snow-forecast is showing over a meter of snow by Tuesday!
    So wash all your base layers and stinky socks cause it's time for top to bottom in-bound pow laps every day!

There you go mark - now Todd and pow11's nipples are going to get erect all over again

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    There you go mark - now Todd and pow11's nipples are going to get erect all over again
    this going to work every morning thing was getting old, about time ullr came back from vacation!

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...39#post3178139

My incident report in the slide zone to keep this thread full of stoke!

@third Eye -- we saw that slide off back of the Spearhead too

and yep ... let's hope this sweeps in HUGE

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snow.jpg 
Views:	604 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	93067  
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

I am the most stoked mag on this site! after almost 2 months I just got the ok to return to skiing after I had an incident with a bunch of rocks that my vertebrae and spleen didnt like.... so I guess praise Ullr that I am being welcomed back with such a magnificent forecast and im stoked that i can finally get out there and enjoy the snow instead of having to just sit here and read about you guys having all the fun!

Anyone know the cheapest place in the village or Creekside to rent pow skis? Delammed a tail yesterday on my Renegades and might not be able to get my back-up pair of skis from the shop tonight in time for tomorrow. I know Can-ski at Roundhouse does free demos but I don't want to fuck around waiting for them in the AM.

Called Can-ski creekside and $55 with passholder discount, WTF?

Edit: never mind, grabbing my back-up skis from the shop right now.
    Last edited by gramboh; 02-10-2011 at 08:02 PM.

ahhhhahahah, on the whistler phase 17 new trails they say that khyber is "currently lightly used for skiing".....

they better not build a quad up chainsaw and up spanky's. that would be gggg gg gg gaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy

woah why would they do this???

And why do they need a gondola to replace the showcase tbar this is retarded

if you read the document it mentions that with overall glacier receding they are starting to face technical problems with the tbars....not sure why it needs to be a gondola for such a short shot though.....

Haven't read the document yet, just the Blackcomb map.
    Looks like the T-bars would come out when the gondie goes in.
    Like the idea if a Ruby chair.
    Blackcomb Glacier chair....looks like you could lap it out of Husume.
    I'm sure that would finally be the death of what ever is left of the wind lip
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

W/B upgrades look expensive... not holding my breath.

don't forget guys, these are pretty long term objectives...

some awesome stuff in the plan, though i really doubt most of it will come to fruition. a chair up spankys or over false face? i dont see shit like that happening. crystal upgrade i think will eventually, but damn lift tickets/passes are only gonna sky rocket if all this happens...

It sure would change the way Blackcomb works on a powder day. Especially with multiple options to get to Chainsaw. Hedging your bets on them spinning Rendevous to Horstman before 7th...

Crystal becomes way faster on storm days when the alpine is closed. Better bang for you buck, but it'll get tracked fast.

The mountain will get tracked out in a millisecond after these changes. No more pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    ahhhhahahah, on the whistler phase 17 new trails they say that khyber is "currently lightly used for skiing".....
    it is compared to what it will be! I think they should take down all the alpine lifts. Instead of all this bullshit, they should put a series of peak to peak like lifts from Blackcomb all the way up to Mt Currie and let people go euro style.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

peak to peaks all the way around spearhead!