Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    bluebird??!! I couldn't see shit on the peak at 9:30! did two frontside laps down surprise which were good, aside from aforementioned nil vis, then was gonna drop in just above cockalorum, stood there for 10 minutes staring into white, turned around and skied peak to creek to home.
    dude... should've stuck around a bit longer! By 11ish, we were ripping fresh, sunshine lines in ruby. Teetering was about as good as I've ever skied it; velvety smooth dropping in.

It felt really good to be able to look around, catch your breath and enjoy skiing fun pow lines without an angry mob breathing down your neck.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Pre-rain crust
    [ame="http://vimeo.com/18897738"]Early Jan on Vimeo[/ame]

Sunny patches in the alpine were wicked today. West facing stuff was loaded. The crust in Bonzai trees finally killed my bindings.

I take it that this snow wasn't enough to cover the ice sufficiently on the lower mountain?

That photo of curtain glacier is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by jjnorm View Post
    I take it that this snow wasn't enough to cover the ice sufficiently on the lower mountain?
    not even close

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    It felt really good to be able to look around, catch your breath and enjoy skiing fun pow lines without an angry mob breathing down your neck.
    That's called the back/slack country T. When you around so I can say hi to the new additions?

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    dude... should've stuck around a bit longer! By 11ish, we were ripping fresh, sunshine lines in ruby. Teetering was about as good as I've ever skied it; velvety smooth dropping in.

yeah, I know.....had to get in to the office and get some stuff done though, to be honest, my body is still kinda feeling last weeks pow smashing, been nice to have a bit of recovery time!

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    That's called the back/slack country T. When you around so I can say hi to the new additions?
    Heh... except that I had my own personal highspeed chairlift whisking me back up to crush more vertical in one morning than you city folk can ski all weekend in the backcountry

It's pretty hit of miss with the kids. We need them sleeping as much as possible! Are you up this weekend?
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

ahhh. I remember early january pow...
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pev3UEFMOlg"]YouTube - whistler POWPOW[/nomedia]

ps. i would really like to know how to embed videos. any help?

PSA: Hitch Whistler

I just discovered a site called Hitch Whistler for ridesharing along the sea-to-sky. Looks like a great opportunity, especially if all of us city-dwellers can hook up and use the same site.

http://www.hitchwhistler.com/

Really well laid out and easy to use + highway 99 specific. Check it out!

I was surprised how good that 6cm's felt today after riding ice for a week. Nice and sunny on the peak chair most of the day, though i didnt get out there till 11:30 as tommy's kicked my ass last night.

Finally got out for a tour up on Phalanx.
    Thanks for the crew who put in the boot pack in with us. With 3 guys ahead of me, I was still crawling on my poles to keep me from sinking past my knees. We saw a wide variety of snow, from windblasted rain crust, solid sastrugi, wind buffed powder and finally decent fluffy stuff below 1900m. Came out the last poop chute which I think had the nicest snow of all.

So I saw this nice chute last year when I looped around the bottom of Phalanx on the 1800m bench. I punched it in my GPS from satellite pics and bam, got right on top of it.
    Someone let me know if it has a name. It should appear on here:
    http://www.bing.com/maps/default.asp...%20BC%20Canada

When that sun finally came out, that made my day!
    Last edited by Mark-R; 01-23-2011 at 02:25 AM.

nice one, mark....that was a busy skintrack today off the glacier.....we ran into shirk and crew, les a., among others.....corona was fun, nice that the sun popped out just before we dropped in

Mark - that has no name

Pretty meh snow in the Blackcomb backcountry. Needs more to heal it up. Standard Decker - Trorey - Pattison type ramble with a kind of pretty sunset to round up the day. Pattison wedge is windphucked. NW Pattison top part ditto but bottom part is good. N Face Trorey also good. Decker Glacier is poo. 19th Hole much better

Postman delivering it

People were really getting out today!

I counted about 30 people heading out the same time we did at ~9:30. Most of these headed to spearhead col
    About 15 made it past Decker.
    Saw 14 on Don't swill at 3:00pm
    5 people came out DOA when we were coming back in on Disease ridge at 4:00, lots of tracks there.
    Lots of tracks everywhere!

Secret is out!

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Mark - that has no name
    "Flu Shot". There it is

gotta love the mid-week pow forecast!

Quote Originally Posted by skiingnow View Post
    People were really getting out today!

Secret is out!
    unghhhhh

Woke up. Ate Breakfast. Drove to buddies house to meet him for a ride up. discussed 1800m FL and 1cm overnight dumpage. Decided to pull the plug. Cursed La nina for deceiving us once again. Time to go back to bed.

Goodnight all!

PS: Sorry for posting this in a stoke thread. I guess you could say I am stoked to be getting an extra 2hrs of sleep

The wife and I skied a lovely lap out on Cowboy yesterday. Nice turns on the back of Flute and Oboe, and nice sunny turns on Cowboy. It felt pretty warm in the sun on Cowboy for that last lap, might have messed up the skiing on sunny slopes for today.

Also, I love the "sea of clouds" effect we've had the last couple of days..

Quote Originally Posted by Clownshoe View Post
    The wife and I skied a lovely lap out on Cowboy yesterday. Nice turns on the back of Flute and Oboe, and nice sunny turns on Cowboy. It felt pretty warm in the sun on Cowboy for that last lap, might have messed up the skiing on sunny slopes for today.

so the snow was good? I heard there were rain runnels at the bottom of Cowboy.

Did you ski out singing pass? If so, how was it?

Sharon.

Whistler crew - looking for some advice on a day like today...and tomorrow. Seems pretty warm and the freeze level stated 1800M but might be more like 2200 based on web cams. Even bother heading up?

Quote Originally Posted by Clownshoe View Post

Was out there on Saturday. Beautiful day! It was my first time out there...

I did notice some runnels at the bottom with a layer of Friday's snow on them.

Quote Originally Posted by powholic View Post
    Whistler crew - looking for some advice on a day like today...and tomorrow. Seems pretty warm and the freeze level stated 1800M but might be more like 2200 based on web cams. Even bother heading up?
    sleep or work, pick your poison
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Powder