Page 33 of 67 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    there isn't a diaper big enough for the you would take if you tried to ski as fast as me
    The only time I could keep you in sight was when you were "taking it easy" recovering from the broken neck.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    there isn't a diaper big enough for the you would take if you tried to ski as fast as me
    ZING ZING!

FUCK YEAH, first down false face, first down monkey's lunch, straightlined dipsy doodler now I am already at home, alone, blogging about it.

I fucking kicked ass today on the hill, got to act super core on the chair with tourists too so they know how awesome i am.

Damn weekend warriors coming up, too bad they missed the chest deep blower today.

'Weekend warrior' is so 2010. I believe the term du jour is 'cidiot'. You fucking resort monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonshackle View Post
    Who's the guy cruisin' around on a yellow and blue DPS set? I would've said hi on Flute today but I feel weird introducing myself as "from the internet".
    There's I think two, possibly three local pairs of the Swedish edition 112RPs. Chances are it was photographer Vince Shuley, who also wrote the piece in the Pique on surviving Oz day. ;p

[total PR] Btw, Escape Route has 112RP Hybrids in stock now. [/total PR]
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

Quote Originally Posted by Powder8 View Post
    FUCK YEAH, first down false face, first down monkey's lunch, straightlined dipsy doodler now I am already at home, alone, blogging about it.

I fucking kicked ass today on the hill, got to act super core on the chair with tourists too so they know how awesome i am.

Damn weekend warriors coming up, too bad they missed the chest deep blower today.
    Slow day at the office? Isn't it tax season? Shouldn't you be counting stuff? Glad to know I'm getting under your skin!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Well that was pleasant!

Anyone else watch the helivac out of the glacier today? Snow was awesome crowds were shitty someone slayed this line yadda yadda yadda.

Helivac?

Practically a convention today on top of Corona.

SLUTS:

== | slacktopia | ==
    still bangin' beats

Slut? Anytime for you, buddy. Your turn next. Hopefully next weekend, or tuesday even? Thanks for the beers, hit me up for more than a few!

if i dont slut it up, ill never marry rich.
    great bluebird turns brother

Okay what was the deal with the guy rocking the bamboo pole on Blackcomb Saturday.

Very strange mix of gear and style.

I only saw him in line never actually skiing so no comment on that. But it was a strange mix of light touring gear, tall t outfit, and 8ft bamboo hippie pole.

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Okay what was the deal with the guy rocking the bamboo pole on Blackcomb Saturday.

Very strange mix of gear and style.

I only saw him in line never actually skiing so no comment on that. But it was a strange mix of light touring gear, tall t outfit, and 8ft bamboo hippie pole.
    Picture of this gem???
    The skills of evaluating evidence, posing questions and answering them, of writing, of mobilizing information in order to make an argument. I think all of that is important in a democratic society if people are actually going to be active citizens - Eric Foner

I definitely saw someone with a bamboo pole heading to Husume about a week ago. No pic sorry.

The helicopter evac injury by the start of the skin track was a broken hip. Person wiped right on a barely hidden rock there. Ouchy.

I was sitting above the skin track to the left taking pics of my friends on the right side for about 2 hrs. I never had less than 30 people in sight starting and heading up the skin track. Sometimes there were 50. Nutty!

Anyhoo--- what a nice day yesterday! I did not expect the snow to be so good. Lots of pics to share, starting with Tim and his friend Phil who I happened to catch coming down Decker on the way home.

Here is Phil:

Here is Tim L:

Gee I don't remember ever seeing any lines that look like this in Vail....... :-)

I took 350 pics yesterday. I'll post some more later. Mooocho Stoke-O!

Quote Originally Posted by Axman View Post
    Tim and his friend Phil
    Fucking accountants.

For some reason I forgot what I was doing and went and skied the musical bumps yesterday.

Had a few days at whistler resort on Friday and Saturday. Haven't been there in over a decade and we were obviously out of our element on where to go. Better than I expected though given the forecast.

A guy named Al who said he runs one of the local utilities showed us around for a while. Super nice guy and he ripz. Here's a not so special POV vid. Forgot my helmet in Oregon so did what I could on a few of our runs. The trees off the back of Air Jordan skied real nice most of the visit. Plus I saw some sicko's tracks dropping into Air Jordan Saturday. Wasn't that soft. Different ballgame up there than in Oregon as I got puckered skiing up to the edge to look.

[ame="http://vimeo.com/19394901"]Whistler 1-29-11_Worth 2 in the Bush on Vimeo[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Fucking accountants.
    Tim actually stopped in the middle of that line and did someone's taxes which earned him an extra 7,500 GNAR points. :-)

Steglich from Texas can't believe Chad is a pro!

If you haven't seen Gnar, you better get with it!
    http://unofficialnetworks.com/gnar/

Quote Originally Posted by Axman View Post
    Steglich from Texas can't believe Chad is a pro!

If you haven't seen Gnar, you better get with it!
    http://unofficialnetworks.com/gnar/
    aaahaha chadly got called out! he sucks on a mountain bike too!

Just a reminder to be careful out there guys and think twice before dropping into something.

Its soft in here, good choice to ski a convex rocky slope.....

Start of the trigger and...O shit!

Recovery, getting out of there before the second slab dislodged

Does anyone have a spare pair of adjustable touring poles they arnt using or looking to get rid of? One of mine got buried

^Where did that happen?
    "A witty saying proves nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by lookinback View Post

Does anyone have a spare pair of adjustable touring poles they arnt using or looking to get rid of? One of mine got buried
    I have a single black diamond razor carbon pole. I lost the bottom half of the other one a couple years ago at baker.

EDIT: [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDUKRftcq6s"]YouTube - True North[/nomedia]
    Last edited by Schemeboat; 02-01-2011 at 12:48 PM.

@lookinback -- location & aspect? perhaps worth an incident report to CAC?
    == | slacktopia | ==
    still bangin' beats

North of Whistler - Backcountry Cats Hurley Pass last week today and tomorrow:

Quote Originally Posted by khyber.pass View Post
    @lookinback -- location & aspect? perhaps worth an incident report to CAC?

it happened off disease ridge so NW aspect I believe, I let patrol know about it but they didnt seem to care to much since it was out of bounds and they didnt have to launch a formal search through the area.

Scheme: that might work perfectly i would happily toss some beer your way if you have no use for it... you planning on being in whistler this weekend?