Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    So what's the feeling on any alpine lifts opening for this weekend? Any signs of life up there? Inquiring minds want to know.
    AC is ongoing. It depends on coverage... ask again on say Thursday

Alright, fill me in. WTF is a JONG

Quote Originally Posted by djbooter View Post
    Alright, fill me in. WTF is a JONG
    search function, JONG!

also, knee deep and no liftlines did not suck this morning! snow all up in yer face and shit making it hard to see...

All I want is a one day EDGE card but whistlerblackcomb.com is a steaming pile of shit. Four browsers across two operating systems over the last couple of days and it keeps giving me errors.

Now I've been on hold for 15 minutes listening to the same dumbfuck message play over and over and over again. Why have a 45 second hold loop when you're going to keep people waiting for so much longer?

Dammit. I just want some whistler stoke.

Edit: 40 minutes later... still hearing about breathtaking lunches at Christine's restaurant on top of Blackcomb Mountain. Oh, and did you know that there's a fire show? Who can resist?

My favourite: "Why lug all your old gear to the mountain when you can save the hassle by renting!"

Why indeed.
    Last edited by halcyon; 11-30-2010 at 03:48 PM.

^^^Sorry bud. Everyone was up the hill this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by roadgap View Post
    And don't get me started on the yanks...
    no doubt, they're the worst!

Sick pillow lines down jersey cream lift line, the bite and pretty much anywhere you look. Stuff that was kind of iffy two days ago is game on, but the snow was starting to consolidate quite a bit. May not be so great tomorrow, but the 1st 5 laps this am were fucking awesome! Tanks god all the dummies in Solar line up were too stubborn to ski Excellerator laps.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

That was fuckin' ridiculous. Just shy of snorkel deep.

Touring yesterday spoke to one of the ladies who run AC on Whistler. She said if they got enough snow with this storm Harmony may go this weekend.

Dug two pits yesterday, NE and SW aspects. Similar results consistent with patrol.

Too bad WB doesn't have the budget to employ a few more Patrollers to take care of AC or guard at the top of Solar, that was a nasty wait for the suckers who rolled the dice waiting there.
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Peak to open friday?

Peak to open friday?
    Been open for weeks

Peak to open friday?
    Peak Friday, Crystal and Harmony Saturday.
    Will there ever be a boy born who can swim faster than a shark?

sunday hike

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    no doubt, they're the worst!

Sick pillow lines down jersey cream lift line, the bite and pretty much anywhere you look. Stuff that was kind of iffy two days ago is game on, but the snow was starting to consolidate quite a bit. May not be so great tomorrow, but the 1st 5 laps this am were fucking awesome! Tanks god all the dummies in Solar line up were too stubborn to ski Excellerator laps.
    Tanks God!
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Powder

TANK GOD

== | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

Dear Ullr, thank you for laying upon the peak of Whistler some of the finest powder over the last couple of weeks. It's been a torrid affair between me and that sultry peak, getting intimate with her every curve up the cat track, down every chute, every stash, every little pillow. It's been a great fall fling, running up to see her every moment I get. Just the two of us, always a favorite line, sitting there, waiting for me. But as you know all flings do come to an end... and this Friday...LET THE GANGBANG BEGIN!!!

If any one finds a probe somewhere on blackcomb its probably mine.
    It was in a orange bag, nearly brand new. I think it was a black diamond though i cant be sure. it could be between top and bottom of jersey or the road to 7th. or maybe even out near fraggle rock.

thanks

Reward of beer and massif karma points if returned

What the cheapest option for a 3 day ticket this time of year? $207 is the website price. Any cheaper options?

Trying to do a trip on the cheap. Also looking for crash space Mon-Thurs and and some fat skis that would work with a 295 bsl.
    Last edited by funkendrenchman; 12-03-2010 at 05:32 PM.

peak chair = raped and pillaged

my legs = shredded

Mike Tyson could not beat the grin off my face
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

You dirty sluts.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    peak chair = raped and pillaged

my legs = shredded

Mike Tyson could not beat the grin off my face
    hell yeah...managed 6th-ish chair, so good! hard time concentrating at work now, just want to sleep.....

Might ridden up with you, just a chair behind Douglas and the Salomon crew? I headed straight for Monday's, untouched goodness.

I hate you. In a brotherly way.

these photos pretty much sum up what you all missed today:

west cirque into the sea of clouds

whistler peak

alpine glow from my deck

who can guess where I'm going to cut my christmas tree this year?

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    Might ridden up with you, just a chair behind Douglas and the Salomon crew? I headed straight for Monday's, untouched goodness.
    yeah, couple behind....did 3 front laps, 2 in glacier cirque, then a horseshoes/boomer, and finished up with a flute shoulder....socked in on flute, but the snow was exquisite!

Does any know if the single ride backcountry passes are available yet? i called guest services a few times and each time i get a 'i'm not sure' from the dingo on the phone.