Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 1655
    ^^ Frankly, its not worth our time to whine about who can and can't ski PC. And LIKE you khyber, we HAVE done our research as well, but with a different tone, as to not lose our passes. And thats brash to think that we haven't done our research. We all have our various "go to guys" and mine just so happens to really have a clue, so go lick a fish for thinking that I haven't done my due dilly. And I can't believe you didn't expect to get a dismantling series of posts when you brought the lawyers in.

You subjectively talked to management, and I am sure that was educational, and thats awesome you are going to publish it, it will certainly help allay the grey area surrounding PC.
    Nobody actually gives a shit about management, and the whole objective is to not let it get that far.
    Is it possible to get your pass back? Obviously. My buddy lost his for skiing PC into Lakeside earlier this year. Wanna know how he got it back, he brought his mom in... the big guns were a firing.

nice line!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1585.jpg 
Views:	574 
Size:	273.6 KB 
ID:	97361

I snapped about a dozen photos (In Feb,2011) while I was sitting on the top of disease. I'm not sure if this is anybody on TGR, but if so, let me know and I'll shoot them over.

oh ya, nice safe zone snowboarderz!!

^^ Schemeboat, I hear what you're saying. Btw, relevant to this..

http://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/piq...+warning+May16

If anyone is at all interested in the context of the article PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by khyber.pass View Post
    ^^ Frankly it's not worth my time explaining why I was discussing such things with WB if this will be the tone of discussion -- ie lowest-common denominator internet spray. Unlike all of you, I've done my research. Lee, you should know better. It's been worthy enough for publication, so I'll let it rest.

** Removed posts on this topic. It's not worth mentioning it here when you'll see it in print.
    Given that you have a propensity of talking out of your ass why should I assume that you actually have a fucking clue what you're saying?

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Given that you have a propensity of talking out of your ass why should I assume that you actually have a fucking clue what you're saying?
    haha good one.

Kyber your article says that you should stay out of closed areas. Who knew. That's an earth shattering revelation. Holy shit Whistler doesn't want me skiing closed areas.

if you get busted skiing a pc line outside boundary by patrol in the middle of may, you're doing it wrong.

Whoa. I feel like I should say a few things here.

This article is not being written about PC zones or seeking to do so to stir up the shit. It's a soft piece on experiencing Whistler's backcountry.

And yep, nothing mindblowing here. Closed is closed.

Now, in writing this piece, I ended up having some interesting discussions on boundary with top brass. Not because it was the point of the conversation, but because it came up when discussing the increasing number of backcountry travellers in the WB area. This increase is certainly raising all kinds of issues, namely how to deal with it.

As others were discussing PC here -- check the thread, I didn't begin it -- I chimed in with a few, I have to admit, cryptic and not very well explained comments based on these conversations (which are on the record). Most of you evidently saw that as upsetting the local balance here of don't ask/don't tell and so on. I get that. So I removed what I said. The point here isn't to fuck-up what anyone here reading this thread knows and understands.

As for being a wannabe blowhard, sure, whatever. I didn't find you said this to my face when riding the gondola, Toby, so I'll leave it that you're just looking for some kind of sport here on TGR.

For the record, I don't ride nearly half as hard as most of you. You can all revel in your manliness and know that once again, you've proved yourself superior on the interwebz. Congratulations.

As for "talking out of my ass," Lee, indeed, I only take lessons from the best, namely you. Have I sprayed ridiculous bullshit? Sure, about as much as anyone else, but not nearly as much as you. Touring with you is a constant shit stream. Deal with it.

Back to your regular programming...
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

edit - Agreed with Lee, I will live in the past and post some end of april stoke.

A coulie that is not PC...

Random turns on an un-named face on April 30, 2011

Last edited by DyingToLiveToSki; 05-19-2011 at 12:56 AM.

As for "talking out of my ass," Lee, indeed, I only take lessons from the best, namely you. Have I sprayed ridiculous bullshit? Sure, about as much as anyone else, but not nearly as much as you. Touring with you is a constant shit stream. Deal with it.
    Edit - fukit - this is/was supposed to be a stoke thread and I don't care enough. Don't call me though. I really don't care

Hahahahahahahahahahah , ....... ridiculous ............not even funny really , but just got home from the game aand i'm drunk ...........

Lee Lee Lee Lee Lee Lee , yaaaaaaaaaaaaa, hahahahahaa

Whoa. I feel like I should say a few things here.

This article is not being written about PC zones or seeking to do so to stir up the shit. It's a soft piece on experiencing Whistler's backcountry.

And yep, nothing mindblowing here. Closed is closed.

Now, in writing this piece, I ended up having some interesting discussions on boundary with top brass. Not because it was the point of the conversation, but because it came up when discussing the increasing number of backcountry travellers in the WB area. This increase is certainly raising all kinds of issues, namely how to deal with it.

As others were discussing PC here -- check the thread, I didn't begin it -- I chimed in with a few, I have to admit, cryptic and not very well explained comments based on these conversations (which are on the record). Most of you evidently saw that as upsetting the local balance here of don't ask/don't tell and so on. I get that. So I removed what I said. The point here isn't to fuck-up what anyone here reading this thread knows and understands.

As for being a wannabe blowhard, sure, whatever. I didn't find you said this to my face when riding the gondola, Toby, so I'll leave it that you're just looking for some kind of sport here on TGR.

For the record, I don't ride nearly half as hard as most of you. You can all revel in your manliness and know that once again, you've proved yourself superior on the interwebz. Congratulations.

Back to your regular programming...
    that's over 8 paragraphs and you haven't said anything. less is more man

Quote Originally Posted by grapedrink View Post
    if you get busted skiing a pc line outside boundary by patrol in the middle of may, you're doing it wrong.
    Hey look! I found a new signature! Pages and pages of drivel compressed into one little diamond.

On a happier note, bike park opens tomorrow!
    A Line, B Line, Crank It Up, Heart of Darkness, World Cup Singletrack, GLC Drops, and a couple others....
    See you all there!

Quote Originally Posted by postman22 View Post
    haha good one.

Kyber your article says that you should stay out of closed areas. Who knew. That's an earth shattering revelation. Holy shit Whistler doesn't want me skiing closed areas.
    YOU'RE A HOMO, GO BACK TO YOUR CUBE FARM AND SHUT THE FUCK UP.

GO BACK TO MEADOW SKIPPING AND SHUT THE FUCK UP

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    I think the current PC policy is just fine. blah blah blah blah
    GO BACK TO BEING FIRST DOWN DIPSY DOODLER AND SHUT THE FUCK UP

Whoa. I feel like I should say a few things here. BUT IT'S TOUGH TO TALK BECAUSE OF THE 3 DICKS THAT ARE GETTING FORCE-FED DOWN MY THROAT!!!

YOU SHOULD JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP. YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY DRUNK OFF OF CUM AND AREN'T THINKING STRAIGHT.

Quote Originally Posted by jongsinwhistler View Post
    YOU'RE A HOMO, GO BACK TO YOUR CUBE FARM AND SHUT THE FUCK UP.

GO BACK TO MEADOW SKIPPING AND SHUT THE FUCK UP

GO BACK TO BEING FIRST DOWN DIPSY DOODLER AND SHUT THE FUCK UP

YOU SHOULD JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP. YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY DRUNK OFF OF CUM AND AREN'T THINKING STRAIGHT.
    i love cock!!

Let's get back to the stoke shall we?

Here's a quick IPhone shot from this winter. How many of these days were there?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0530[1].jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	251.3 KB 
ID:	97429  

Conditions update... Went for a little chopper ride around the Squish yesterday and it looks like some of the snow in the lower alpine/treeline is starting to move. Lots of snow up high still... Had a crappy point and shoot for pics.

Glide cracks at 4000 ft on north facing slopes on bedrock...

Small release, hangfire and loaded north facing slope at 4500 ft...

Lots of snow still up high...

Quote Originally Posted by Clownshoe View Post
    Let's get back to the stoke shall we?

Here's a quick IPhone shot from this winter. How many of these days were there?
    One of my favourite pictures from the season... How many EPIC inbound storm days did we have?

Quote Originally Posted by kalisto View Post
    One of my favourite pictures from the season... How many EPIC inbound storm days did we have?
    ooooh one or two I guess.....

Take it easy on khyber. Damn you can tell its summer. Chill out go for a spring ski, ride the bike, go for a surf.

Thanks for getting back to the stoke!
    jongsinwhistler rears the multiple heads again...keep doing what you're doing.

Skied Tricouni from saddle E of Tricouni down N slopes to Roe Creek.

Corn cycle starts on S slopes about 9- 11am @ 1600m

N slopes at about 12 -2pm @ 1850m

Entire bowl/glacier below Brandywine/Tricouni is full of slide debris from recent wet slides.

Can drive to 540m on Chance Creek FSR. Snow line is shortly thereafter. Roe Creek FSR snowline is to about 690m

Skied Tricouni from saddle E of Tricouni down N slopes to Roe Creek.

Corn cycle starts on S slopes about 9- 11am @ 1600m

N slopes at about 12 -2pm @ 1850m

Entire bowl/glacier below Brandywine/Tricouni is full of slide debris from recent wet slides.

Can drive to 540m on Chance Creek FSR. Snow line is shortly thereafter. Roe Creek FSR snowline is to about 690m
    Thanks, this information is useful. I think we're going to check out some touring of Baker ski area on Sunday. Hopefully the weather will be better than the grim forecast.

Any thoughts on if/when the big ones will go off down to weak layers that they talk about in the bulletin?

Quote Originally Posted by D(C) View Post
    Thanks, this information is useful. I think we're going to check out some touring of Baker ski area on Sunday. Hopefully the weather will be better than the grim forecast.

Any thoughts on if/when the big ones will go off down to weak layers that they talk about in the bulletin?

Any time now on south slopes at lower elevations. cornice falls are going to help. Quite a bit longer on N slopes

30cms of fresh this mornin down Excelerator trees, first down pakalolo, first down couloir extreme, first down easy out, first down last resort...FUCK YEA...30+ expected overnight and you know ill be back at 11am tomorrow to fucking post about how rad my morning was

you forgot zig zag pond, it's skimmin time. Saw a telemarker who face planted in it, soaked head to toe!