Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 1655
    Some b-roll shots I took from the last week around Whistler. Certainly unseasonably awesome conditions!

Matty dropping the dress up

Dommer and Nickson duking it out in the whiteroom

Random McNobody I talked into straightlining Sunset chute

about to break the sound barrier entering the bowl below.

hope nobody is traversing across!

wow you guys sure have gotten a lot of snow if people are making turns in sunset

Quote Originally Posted by grapedrink View Post
    wow you guys sure have gotten a lot of snow if people are making turns in sunset
    Those are my tracks from where I dropped in off the cornice to take the picture. Not really turns and I kind of cunted up the snow for the shot, but no there is other way to get that angle. The cornice over hanging skiers left of the entrance, and right above my head from where I was shooting, was a bit scary! I'll probably try shooting it from the handrail next time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	201326_10150230251276083_621776082_8982520_252279_o.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	391.5 KB 
ID:	96411
    shot from the hut of fissile.
    check out JD hare's insano line from the saddle into the NW face.

wow fissile looks like mogul field

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Farcisimus View Post
    Anyone been in the Joffre area last couple days that can give me a conditions report?
    N faces best pow of the year. Stable. Three naturals that I heard (possibly more) serac fall triggered off joffre glacier, joffre nw ridge and possibly lower stonecrop

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    Those are my tracks from where I dropped in off the cornice to take the picture. Not really turns and I kind of cunted up the snow for the shot, but no there is other way to get that angle. The cornice over hanging skiers left of the entrance, and right above my head from where I was shooting, was a bit scary! I'll probably try shooting it from the handrail next time.
    yeah that skiers left cornice gets pretty nasty, such a fun line though, it's like 5-0 except it never has any tracks. maybe try shooting from that ridge skiers right of burshrat shoulder if he's dropping in on the high side? i miss blackcomb..

Quote Originally Posted by grapedrink View Post
    yeah that skiers left cornice gets pretty nasty, such a fun line though, it's like 5-0 except it never has any tracks. maybe try shooting from that ridge skiers right of burshrat shoulder if he's dropping in on the high side? i miss blackcomb..
    Chainsaw ridge is like a big filled in bowl right now; I've never seen so much snow and skiable lines off the cornices! It's all pretty much a blue run right now.

Wooooo spring has sprung!

Athan, the movie was unbelievable. Sure enough, so was Voleurzs', but the innovative editing and awesome skiing (was that Treadway in the purple and orange?) was a real treat for the eyes!

Ya Dave Treadway in the purple and orange.

I thought we had it won. Still do. Our cinematography and editing crushed everyone else, but we didn't make anyone laugh, and Voleurz had better snowboard representation and urban. I guess that's the difference.

Oh well. Subjectivity. Everyone had a great show and a great event. We will be releasing the edit at some point.

I know nothing.

== | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

Quote Originally Posted by Atrain505 View Post
    Ya Dave Treadway in the purple and orange.

I thought we had it won. Still do. Our cinematography and editing crushed everyone else, but we didn't make anyone laugh, and Voleurz had better snowboard representation and urban. I guess that's the difference.

Oh well. Subjectivity. Everyone had a great show and a great event. We will be releasing the edit at some point.
    They really need a panel of unbiased judges who have a film background of some sort. Sean Pettit may rip on skis, but other than that, I don't really think he is qualified to have an educated opinion. Jim Budge has been around for years and knows his stuff, but you kind of run into a conflict of interest when his name, as well as Ryan Proctor, pops up in the credits for the Voleurz trailer.

I still have images in my head of turning cogs, wheels, waterfalls and insane powder roosters from Dendrite, while the only thing I remember from the Voleurz film is Matty stomping spearhead and a cat on skis wearing sunglasses. I would never try to take away from the Voleurz crew because they did a good job and they captured some rad footage from some rad athletes, but Dendrite was so far on a different level its not even funny. Nobody wants to watch a bunch of boneheaded, kitchy plot lines in ski movies anymore. We've watched that one to death.

Snowboarding and park tricks don't really exist in my world, so that could be the only thing to justify such a blatant rip off.

They really need a panel of unbiased judges who have a film background of some sort. Sean Pettit may rip on skis, but other than that, I don't really think he is qualified to have an educated opinion. Jim Budge has been around for years and knows his stuff, but you kind of run into a conflict of interest when his name, as well as Ryan Proctor, pops up in the credits for the Voleurz trailer.

I still have images in my head of turning cogs, wheels, waterfalls and insane powder roosters from Dendrite, while the only thing I remember from the Voleurz film is Matty stomping spearhead and a cat on skis wearing sunglasses. I would never try to take away from the Voleurz crew because they did a good job and they captured some rad footage from some rad athletes, but Dendrite was so far on a different level its not even funny. Nobody wants to watch a bunch of boneheaded, kitchy plot lines in ski movies anymore. We've watched that one to death.

Snowboarding and park tricks don't really exist in my world, so that could be the only thing to justify such a blatant rip off.
    I couldn't agree more. Thought the Dendrite one was head and shoulders the best. Weak ass jibbing and comic effect wins the night over quality skiing. Typical Whistler clown fest. If I see one more shot of the Kadenwood wall ride I'm gonna strangle someone.

A bit of stoke, don't know if this exactly fits in the Whistler Stoke thread, but here it is. A Possible First Descent of The Camel Toe Couloir.

http://skitheory.blogspot.com/2011/0...camel-toe.html

I say possible, as we have researched, emailed and asked around so I know everyone on TGR knows a lot of info, so if you know of anyone skiing this speak up as credit must be paid. Thanks again, hope everyone has been getting out after it in this weather window.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrain505 View Post

what a sore comment - "Our cinematography and editing crushed everyone else" - One must not look much further than >O.O.T.S to see that you and your crew are some of the most talented young action filmmakers around. One must also embrace the competition around town that causes you guys to step up to the plate and make the quality features you guys are making. If you honestly feel (as per pow11) that voleurz ripped you off - there could be no better sign that you guys are the superior producers.

Whatever you do... never make a movie like voleurz, your poles are too long and your tees too short. Someday the world will realize.

I know I know... JONGBOAT! ...

FKNA nice work Alex on Camel Toe. of course the stoke is welcome here. got pics of the crux?
    == | slacktopia | ==
    still bangin' beats

Quote Originally Posted by Schemeboat View Post
    what a sore comment - "Our cinematography and editing crushed everyone else" - One must not look much further than >O.O.T.S to see that you and your crew are some of the most talented young action filmmakers around. One must also embrace the competition around town that causes you guys to step up to the plate and make the quality features you guys are making. If you honestly feel (as per pow11) that voleurz ripped you off - there could be no better sign that you guys are the superior producers.

Whatever you do... never make a movie like voleurz, your poles are too long and your tees too short. Someday the world will realize.

I know I know... JONGBOAT! ...
    I certainly don't mean for it to come off like a sore comment. Everyone at the event did amazing work, and the event was fun. I appreciate the opportunity to face off with all the teams. It was an inspiring night on all levels. Voleurz did what they always do, and they did it very, very well. They know how to show the "fun" better than anyone!

With that said the work we did will benefit Dendrite tremendously and we are stoked about that.

Best Cinematography at Intersection = Dendrite
    Best Skiing at Intersection = Hands Down Dendrite

I really enjoyed the Voleurz flick but honestly, it was the kind of shit that I was filming when I was 15 years old but with better cameras. I thought if anything Videograss had a better shot than Voleurz. I liked the Videograss/Peepshow flick because it had some sort of a storyline/theme and good riding (mostly knuckledragging), but then Dendrite came out and blew my mind. The shot of Treadway(?) flying out of the apron through his sluff and the crowd erupting was priceless. Dendrite makes sled footage look like heli footage. It is both hard work and talent that makes Nick and Athan good at what they do and in my mind they truly deserved to win this.

Athan, when will Parallels be available online!!?!

Anyways, the 100+ km of sledding I did on Saturday was awesome, good to get out exploring, a couple shots of the boys shredding it...

Last edited by DyingToLiveToSki; 04-25-2011 at 11:31 AM.

Where can I watch the dendrite flick?
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Quote Originally Posted by Schemeboat View Post
    If you honestly feel (as per pow11) that voleurz ripped you off - there could be no better sign that you guys are the superior producers.
    I don't speak for Athan or Nick and I don't think Voleurz ripped off Dendrite at all. In fact, I said they did a great job at what they do.

My rip off comment was aimed at the judging which appeared a bit too sophmoric and biased for a contest with $15k on the line. In my opinion, along with lots of other people who attended the event, Dendrite's movie was on a different planet compared to the others, but that doesn't mean the others didn't do a good job. I really enjoyed the format and had a good time watching it all go down. The only changes I would offer are a better emcee (buddy was retarted) and a judging panel with film sense who don't have a working relationship with any of the competitors.

We will put it online soon. Just looking at our options for releasing it. Couple weeks max.

I was standing up to applaud Dendrite before the credits were even rolling. So sick, scream out loud footage. Fun night for sure. I enjoyed all the films but plan to run a You Vote contest after all the films are on-line.

Today was probably the sickest sleeper day of the season... deep, wind loaded north facing aspects with blower, mid winter pow. Super stable, laying trenches and wintery faceshots on every turn in the alpine. The best part is that it is now boundary! I love doing my own AC on CHristmas and Showcase!

It's still nuking up there. Anyone hankering for a late season pow day should call in sick for tomorrow.

I had hoped to achieve all of the above tomorrow. I'll see you there.
    == | slacktopia | ==
    still bangin' beats

Today was probably the sickest sleeper day of the season... deep, wind loaded north facing aspects with blower, mid winter pow. Super stable, laying trenches and wintery faceshots on every turn in the alpine. The best part is that it is now boundary! I love doing my own AC on CHristmas and Showcase!

It's still nuking up there. Anyone hankering for a late season pow day should call in sick for tomorrow.
    the blackcomb glacier is closed?

that leads me to another question, if glacier chair is shut, do things like armageddeon remain PC or are they fair game? or if showcase tbar is shut, are xmas and showcase ok?