Page 61 of 67 FirstFirst ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1655
    Sorry, Phalanx, Tremor & Trorey are now tracked (well, only the mellow bits -- we had to see how deep it is).

== | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

1 mile from N. America's biggest chairlift
    I am so stoked to see that the skiing is looking good up there. I am headed into town on Monday for the Telus Gong show and looking forward to checking it all out.
    Rocket Sleds and Super Space Boots

Any one catch the guys hitting the cliff way skiers left of jordan on the next ridge (deminski???). Looks to be about double the size of the waterfall. I missed it, but my buddy told me mark abma through a backflip off it. I just saw the bomb holes where the guys were landing.

Also, still getting knee deep in most of million, on a sunny day. It doesn't get any better than this

Taylorm, myself and 2 others were the first group to hit Demanskis. Then we came back up the ridge and watched Matt Elliott and Alex Pro stomp the SHIT out of gigantic backflips off of it. Put us all to shame! I think there were 9 or 10 bombholes in there by the end of the morning.

Another day in paradise.

Intersection filming is going OFFout there! Lines that rarely get hit are being sessioned like Whistler bowl. My buddy Max dropped the biggest section of the cliff skiers right off the high traverse out to Ruby. It was unreal. I've got some sweet B roll stills to post up when I get some free time.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    Intersection filming is going OFFout there! Lines that rarely get hit are being sessioned like Whistler bowl. My buddy Max dropped the biggest section of the cliff skiers right off the high traverse out to Ruby. It was unreal. I've got some sweet B roll stills to post up when I get some free time.
    So stoked to watch this when it all comes together, I don't think the conditions could've been any better!

Oh, and yet another ragdoll fest down air jordan yesterday. Watched 3 go in a row, all ate shit, lost skis, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by khyber.pass View Post
    Sorry, Phalanx, Tremor & Trorey are now tracked (well, only the mellow bits -- we had to see how deep it is).

Yeah, all those noisy heli skiers made their pretty little tracks right next to one another on the low angle stuff.

Had to listen to that Whistler 212 for a good portion of putting the skin track up Decker and out to Pattison. Then watched a Blackcomb Heli AStar drop off a full group of 5 right on top of the Tremor hourglass at 1230. They ended up skiing back down the glacier.

Shredded Trorey on the way back, and still had the 1st track down the Decker Y after 3.

South aspects are crapping out up to 2300m.N,W,E were good.

Say some tracks walking out on to the huge overhanging cornice above 9th hole.WTF.The thing has pulled away over a meter and looks like it's gonna go huge.

Whistler Heli boasts about their 179 glaciers but they seem to go straight to the ones in the park that are closest to the boundary.
    I only hope their tenure doesn't get renewed in this area.

Get your shred on, tons of good snow to be had!!
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

So it was matt elliot. I was missinformed. Either way, that is a huge backflip. I wish i would have seen it.

9th Hole cornices - you couldnt pay me money to be close to those things and/or Fingers which are exposed.

Funny the follower effect - umpteen tracks down Husume Corona. On the other side the meadowskips down the spearhead were untouched. No-one put in a stairmaster bootpack. You guys were the only group on pattison the whole day. No crowds really === golf must be such a fun sport i guess

Quote Originally Posted by filthyfrenchbum View Post
    Oh, and yet another ragdoll fest down air jordan yesterday. Watched 3 go in a row, all ate shit, lost skis, etc...
    I blame you, for hitting it all naked and making it look easy for the cheese dicks.

disease was in the best shape ive seen it yesterday, pity its such a short run.

saw some skiier go huge right next to the spearhead hike on the west face. cant wait to see intersection, should be awesome.

It's the winter that keeps on giving! Untouched lines all morning down M$/Khyber. Barely a line up anywhere. Saw those bombholes on Demanskis, sick stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    So rad to watch, i got it on film but its gopro..... kinda far away looking
    Cool to see everyone throwing down, good stoke

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Farcisimus View Post
    Then watched a Blackcomb Heli AStar drop off a full group of 5 right on top of the Tremor hourglass at 1230. They ended up skiing back down the glacier.

[...]

Whistler Heli boasts about their 179 glaciers but they seem to go straight to the ones in the park that are closest to the boundary.

I only hope their tenure doesn't get renewed in this area.
    I've already stated my opinion on this here and elsewhere. Do write BC Parks.

Whistler Heli's argument is that when something goes wrong, they're the ones called in, and that they rescue people out there all the time (well, mainly brainless idiots hiking along without skins down to Wedge drainage), but none of this constitutes an argument to continue dropping clients within a few clicks of the resort nor to continue operating within a Provincial Park.

Frankly I think a sit-down needs to happen with Whistler Heli, WB, the local ACC chapter putting in the Spearhead Huts and other touring-interest groups.

I was quite surprised at the Phalanx drop. I pointed out to others in the chopper that we could walk here from Blackcomb. It wouldn't take that much more effort to get out farther, but as they put it, it's their bread & butter during cloudy weather windows, which is what we had. Losing this terrain would mean losing these drops. Or maybe it would mean forcing more stages out of Pemberton and/or getting to know the west side a bit better. I don't know.

For the record, (a) I was out on the bird as I'm throwing down some words on Whistler backcountry for an upcoming publication and (b) I asked to be allowed to hike over & ski Hourglass but was denied. Too bad. ;p
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

skied wedge nw couloir with 2 friends today. knee-deep cold smoke top to bottom. can't believe its mid-april!

Quote Originally Posted by clarklewis View Post
    skied wedge nw couloir with 2 friends today. knee-deep cold smoke top to bottom. can't believe its mid-april!
    ahhh yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by khyber.pass View Post
    For the record, (a) I was out on the bird as I'm throwing down some words on Whistler backcountry for an upcoming publication and (b) I asked to be allowed to hike over & ski Hourglass but was denied. Too bad. ;p
    As an avid Blackcomb sidecountry user, I don't mind the heli skiers. They can skip those glaciers all day long. The only time I ski Phalanx glacier is traversing over to ski dog leg or poop chutes. It's actually reassuring to know they're not going to let clients ski stuff like hour glass. The bottom line is that the terrain you are talking about is a gong show even without the heli traffic. Every citiot with touring gear is out there on the weekend. Some days it seems like the inbounds terrain is less crowded than Husume or Corona.

In my opinion, the closer they fly to a fuel source, the less fuel they burn, which makes them more profitable, creates jobs in the valley and keeps the noise/pollution out of the real backcountry. There is a ton of sidecountry terrain off both resorts to satisfy pretty much any skier, so live and let live is my mantra.

Kybers and M$ ridge was sick yesterday got myself a prior board at the top and shered the shit out of it!

Fuck yeah.
    Pics?

Edit, this is directed at clarklwis
    Last edited by nortonwhis; 04-19-2011 at 11:53 PM.

how was intersection? any chance we'll get to see the footage?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesestoff View Post
    how was intersection? any chance we'll get to see the footage?
    Intersection premeir is tonight. Should be awesome. I assume footage will be available after the show is over.

anyone notice if the hourglass got shralped on tremor yet? or its general condition??
    I know its west facing but we really havent had that much sun lately.

Intersection show is tonight!
    Still tickets available. Seven days of very little sleep with the last 26 hours being a full on go.

Make sure you come. The show is going to be rad from all the teams.

found this sweet edit from blackcomb shredder pierrot

Anyone been in the Joffre area last couple days that can give me a conditions report?
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.