Page 60 of 67 FirstFirst ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1655
    Quote Originally Posted by kalisto View Post
    Same reason why people who can barely bootpack up spanky's is frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by skibum_jr View Post
    I'd agree with Kalisto. Especially about spanky's. It gets annoying when you are keeping speed to get up there and some gapers stop in the middle of the path before it even starts going up hill.
    You guys really getting your panties in a bunch over some gaper going slow up the Spank boot pack? Step around them. Said gaper is just going to ski a tracked out line down gut anyway, so why get worked up?

Quote Originally Posted by PhilM View Post
    IWhat is frustrating is when you aren't sure when peak is opening, you go for one more run down to red, and then come up to find a 100 people in the line. You get in the queue, work out your line and before you even get to the front of the queue, some retard has gone and ruined it for everyone.
    Serious? You lap around for an extra lap then bitch about the people that gave up that extra lap in order to secure a spot near the front of the line? You want it clean you get in the front of the line.

man yesterday was sweet. hit the 19th hole just after the sun got there. awesome turns, everything just fell into place, was perfect.

then came down, switch boards and hit hi-feeder for the first time. fuck that is a fun little line. rode from open til 430, and still wanted more. damn this winter has been amazing...

someone put down some nice lines down the west face of spearhead as well, looked like fun. wish i had the balls to hit up CC or something like that but the losing pass for a year thing just doesnt appeal. anyway have experience in being caught whilst using a day ticket???

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    wish i had the balls to hit up CC or something like that but the losing pass for a year thing just doesnt appeal.
    hit it after 5pm and it's fair game. I got a nice shot of Max airing it out behind Showcase. With the fat snowpack, there's lots of cool lines opening up to be skied!

Last edited by powder11; 04-08-2011 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    Sick shot, really aesthetic.... on a side note has does anyone else feel that the lime green pants / blue jacket combo seems to be the outfit choice of the year, dont know if its always cause im trying to pick kalisto's version of the combo out of the croud that I see it so much but theres definitely a lot of dudes rocking it.

Piping in even though I have absolutely no place doing so, but I did live there for a winter a few moons ago.....

If some gaper has the level of skiing knowledge to think that they can drop into Jordan and successfully put on the brakes in non-ideal conditions before hitting the second stage then they are just going to hurt themselves at some point.

And that pic is SICK!
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    This is kinda like the goose that laid the golden egg, but shittier.

Quote Originally Posted by powtario View Post
    If some gaper has the level of skiing knowledge to think that they can drop into Jordan and successfully put on the brakes in non-ideal conditions before hitting the second stage
    My original point. I think folks should at least stomp the 1st landing and be able to just point it off the second air without hesitation. Whether or not they stomp that one isn't really a big deal because by then, you've gone pretty hudge and earned your stripes. Cheese dick dropping in to try and stop or turn on the shelf is just poor form regardless of how it affects the snow for other skiers. I'm all for people stepping up and trying new/different things, but by the time someone stands at the top of a big air like that, they should've already progressed through smaller airs and feel 100% confident that they can at least get on/off the shelf in one fluid motion.

I used to enjoy watching people hit air jordan because it was an opportunity to see some super talented people showcase their talents on the big stage. Watching people run a hack train and nearly kill themselves one after another is weaksauce at best. You either do or you don't, there is no try.

You wouldn't be locals if you weren't jaded

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    hit it after 5pm and it's fair game. I got a nice shot of Max airing it out behind Showcase. With the fat snowpack, there's lots of cool lines opening up to be skied!

sweet shot, i have been looking around that general area from spearhead and wondered whether it fills in/gets ridden. obviously it has/does.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    man yesterday was sweet. hit the 19th hole just after the sun got there. awesome turns, everything just fell into place, was perfect.

then came down, switch boards and hit hi-feeder for the first time. fuck that is a fun little line. rode from open til 430, and still wanted more. damn this winter has been amazing...

someone put down some nice lines down the west face of spearhead as well, looked like fun. wish i had the balls to hit up CC or something like that but the losing pass for a year thing just doesnt appeal. anyway have experience in being caught whilst using a day ticket???
    If you were to hit CC's you'd be the first this year, it's not exactly filled in...
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Powder

It's still winter out there. Prrrrrr. Snowcats.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snowcats_7-8April11_91-500.jpg 
Views:	933 
Size:	117.2 KB 
ID:	95934  
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

Quote Originally Posted by Clownshoe View Post
    When I see people up there, I'm HOPING they crash, just for my entertainment.
    and continued ability to practise your first aid skills

tanks god for faceshots in April!

Today was sick. Cant believe its April 11th. We had first chair up peak, first tracks down whistler bowl and shale. Such a great day for this time of year
    Last edited by skibum_jr; 04-11-2011 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skibum_jr View Post
    Such a great day
    For this time of year? Today was fucking all time.

Bluebird in the morning, storm skiing in the afternoon, no lines, and tons of snow...

unreal.

It would have been amazing any time, its just that much better that it is happening in april. And it looks like we are supposed to get another 15cm on wednesday night.

April showers bring ... April powder! Great day

Peak was awesome today especially for april. heres some apruary stoke

Quote Originally Posted by taylorm0 View Post
    Peak was awesome today especially for april. heres some apruary stoke

nice work....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1650.jpg 
Views:	647 
Size:	317.3 KB 
ID:	95989

and the sun came out.

Nice one taylor. Pretty sure i hit the waterfall about the same time you hit the posts. The snowboarder at the end on the left looks like my buddy that was filming

Yet another 2 april pow days... The amount of stoke on Blackcomb yesterday was awesome, everybody was ripping super hard and fast, pushing each other, sending it... And today, more great snow on krakatoa and the best pow I've ever skied in Corona. I feel damn lucky to be here.

3rd episode from a series called "Love at First Turn" that I've been working on this season. More on Newschoolers on the tv channel at http://www.newschoolers.com/ns/conte...At+First+Turn/

These are all Whistler locals riding Whistler terrain... just on the other side of the valley.

Praise be to Ullr!!

Fuck ya, 6 Peak/Harmony pow laps before 11. Who needs the sun, keep bringing snow and low freezing levels.

Should make for some interesting May/June/July touring off the glacier.

How good was that
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Farcisimus View Post
    How good was that?
    fucking awesome!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhistlerHeliDSLR_14April11_05-600.jpg 
Views:	954 
Size:	138.0 KB 
ID:	96148  
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats