Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Today was really good, 2nd down Cougars Chutes ( Variable snow conditions, some very nice pockets between 15 and 20cm but some wind affected areas as well), 4th down High Ruby ( Excellent snow top to bottom, snow depth 10-20cm), 1st down Christmas Trees ( Top three runs of my year so far, perfect snow between 30-45cm deep, i was laughing with joy the whole way to red chair, and i was at least 30th chair up peak, what were people thinking, also did two more lap of CT without skiing over another track).

Thought tomorrow was looking good but i think Friday will be the day. I do have my doubts about the alpine though, weird snow pack at the moment, looks like West Cirque could have slid again? And also felt pretty sketchy in Sapphire today with lots of moving snow and a couple of mini slides. All this quick loading that were meant could mean no Christmas Day alpine.

Fingers crossed for freezing levels staying low...ish. 1400 metres is about the absolute max before stuff turns to garbage (especially if the alpine isn't open). Pretty sure we'll be standing in the rain tomorrow morning but fingers crossed it will be worth it (like that day last november where it was pissing rain the village but there was 68cm of fresh and VD trees were insane). Christmas miracle?

Quote Originally Posted by BcPowderHunter View Post
    Today was really good, 2nd down Cougars Chutes ( Variable snow conditions, some very nice pockets between 15 and 20cm but some wind affected areas as well), 4th down High Ruby ( Excellent snow top to bottom, snow depth 10-20cm), 1st down Christmas Trees ( Top three runs of my year so far, perfect snow between 30-45cm deep, i was laughing with joy the whole way to red chair, and i was at least 30th chair up peak, what were people thinking, also did two more lap of CT without skiing over another track).

Thought tomorrow was looking good but i think Friday will be the day. I do have my doubts about the alpine though, weird snow pack at the moment, looks like West Cirque could have slid again? And also felt pretty sketchy in Sapphire today with lots of moving snow and a couple of mini slides. All this quick loading that were meant could mean no Christmas Day alpine.
    Oh man... you've got me itching even more for this.

I'll make it happen.

Yellow Arc Teryx jacket, black G10 MX, and Elan Boomerangs, oh and green scott poles with big orange baskets, can't be missed.

See you all in the lift lines.
    The skills of evaluating evidence, posing questions and answering them, of writing, of mobilizing information in order to make an argument. I think all of that is important in a democratic society if people are actually going to be active citizens - Eric Foner

They're predicting high winds Friday again. No blasting at all going on today. Might not have the alpine open until Saturday when the winds settle a bit.

still snowing in the valley, vd chutes delivered mega goods

you guys can all thank my twin boys, who were born at 7 this am, for all the new snow! woo hoo!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    you guys can all thank my twin boys, who were born at 7 this am, for all the new snow! woo hoo!
    yeah tob, that's awesome! what a great present!

congrats man.

as revolutionary as the twin tip!

right on.

congratulations Toby!
    ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

Ya Toby! congrats bro

I'll be cruisin around the 24th through the 27th. Dark green jacket, black trew pants and pilsner EHP's. I'll be with the family or by myself looking for people to ride with

Sorry to plunder all the pow stashes, locals

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedClam View Post
    Sorry to plunder all the pow stashes, locals
    green, orange, and grey jackets, 2x 2 plankers, 1x knuckle dragger....you're welcome to shred with us....if you can keep up!

holy shit, congratulations toby!

^thanks guys! Best Christmas EVER! Two healthy sons born yesterday and facefuls of snow this am. Now back down to the hospital for some christmas fun in the nursery!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

A closed alpine I expected, but checking out the lift status online shows emerald chair is closed too? WTF?
    ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

Seems pretty weird about green chair, must have been a mechanical problem. Skied blackcomb and had glorious laps through patroller trees, cbc (2nd in and crazy deep in spots) and excelerator trees, also really good considering the temps.

These turns are a celebration for pow11, his wife and his new family members. Well done

A bit heavy on the PShop

Grooming was terrible

The deli was serving it up over the head today. I am tall. It was awesome.

Congrats on the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by PulverSchwein View Post
    A closed alpine I expected, but checking out the lift status online shows emerald chair is closed too? WTF?
    Anyone have word on Emerald chair? Was closed all day today, wonder if they'll get it running tomorrow. It made for some great skiing on that side of the mtn, but the line-ups at red & garbanzo were huge

Quote Originally Posted by wizard604 View Post
    Anyone have word on Emerald chair? Was closed all day today, wonder if they'll get it running tomorrow. It made for some great skiing on that side of the mtn, but the line-ups at red & garbanzo were huge
    the wind at roundhouse elevation was incredibly vicious today, red was running at maximum slow....wild, but it scared the tourists off by 11 and the woods were stacked deep with pow, waist deep turns this aft, so good

57cms in the last 24hrs. Holy shit

Quite hogging all the snow save some for the rockies for crying out loud

Looks like a roadie to Whistler is in order during the first storm cycle of Feb. if it's still dry out this way.

...and now back to your regularly programmed schedule of rubbing salt in our wounds

Xmas eve always delivers... Had some of the best runs of the year today, easy. Felt like a private playground after 11:00...
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Powder

I agree about the grooming today--- it was terrible!

Unless you like snow down your neck, today was a day to stay in the village.

Yummy!