Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    So... where exactly is that new gondy up P2C heading? I think I skied 5 days from Creekside without even noticing it. Then when I came down the other day I did a double take.

Quote Originally Posted by roadgap View Post
    So... where exactly is that new gondy up P2C heading? I think I skied 5 days from Creekside without even noticing it. Then when I came down the other day I did a double take.
    nowhere useful, it's just access for kadenwood residents, the settlement from a lawsuit for their housing not being ski in ski out as their disclosure statements promised....

Quote Originally Posted by roadgap View Post
    Kadenwood residients/owners pays W/B to operate it as well.

ahh. i was a bit confused.

From the sounds of that article the first item to get the green light will be a quad replacing Crystal. I don't have a problem with that. Excelerator can be a complete clusterfuck and slow down Spankys laps on busy days. This would solve that. It would also replace the Crystal chair, which is also painful at times. Fraggle Rock/Cancerman and the rest of that zone is really fun stuff to ski....until the Alpine opens. I think of all the ideas in that article this one makes the most sense.

An 8 pack on Harmony is pure gold. I hope it does go in so even more people are sucked over there. Khyber I can take or leave. I would take that chair up from function though. How about a big ole paved pay parking lot in Function? That idea seems to work well.

A single windtower is green posturing and marketing gold. In the grand scheme it does SFA. But what the hell, throw it up there and let it crank out 9MW.

A gondola up Rainbow/Fitz is an idea I could get behind. Do it Euro style. Here is a ride to the top. Get yourself to the bottom. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by TeCeBe View Post
    Fraggle Rock/Cancerman and the rest of that zone is really fun stuff to ski.
    I think you will find that Cancerman is the lift line - so it won't be anywhere near as fun as it is now. They have had those blueprints for years, along with an extension of the Blackcomb gondola up to JC flats. Actually, the extension was part of the original drawings for the gondi. That would possibly make Excelerator obsolete and available to move to the crystal zone.......

Excellerator has always seemed like a useless chair to me. It would be natural for the gondi to continue up and probably make more sense if they want to ferry site seeing tourists to glacier creek. Cancer man would probably turn into just another aussie "check me out undah the lift" snowboard line, but certainly make the tranistion from spankies back into the alpine less congested than it is now and that far out weighs the loss of cancerman as a stash.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

To those in the know, would the gondi go up the existing excelerator line or would it be a new, uncut liftline topping out at JC flats?

As far as the cancerman lift, boo hiss. more people in cbc, more people in spankys, more more more. plus the lift would go straight through fraggle. Part of the magic of spankys and cbc for me has always been that feeling of being a little bit out of the way, and there have been some classic moments in the rescue road races... que sera sera

My favorite 30 seconds of the season so far. Yesterday:
    [ame="http://vimeo.com/17864140"]McConkey's trees on Vimeo[/ame]
    Last edited by Boonshackle; 12-15-2010 at 05:52 PM. Reason: wrong vid

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    As far as the cancerman lift, boo hiss. more people in cbc, more people in spankys, more more more. plus the lift would go straight through fraggle.
    Was there a lift there once or was the liftline just cut, but no lift ever put in?

I understand the opposition, but I have to say bypassing a good piece of that road back to Excelerator would be nice.

anyone done any travelling lately?
    avi advisory is at moderate now but why am i still feeling scared about heading out there??

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I understand the opposition, but I have to say bypassing a good piece of that road back to Excelerator would be nice.
    yeah, the crystal option seems like the most realistic at this point.....but then again, I'm a khyber junky, and regardless of its popularity, I'd rather it remained out of bounds.....one of my least favourite blackcomb things is having to go all the way back to excel after a spankys lap....

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    yeah, the crystal option seems like the most realistic at this point.....but then again, I'm a khyber junky, and regardless of its popularity, I'd rather it remained out of bounds.....one of my least favourite blackcomb things is having to go all the way back to excel after a spankys lap....
    word.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    anyone done any travelling lately?
    avi advisory is at moderate now but why am i still feeling scared about heading out there??
    We were on Flute this morning and it seemed to be controlled pretty well.
    Heliskiing laps, touring only as the road isn't groomed and symphony chair's closed. Except these two guys who were slowly side stepping up, on the skin track. Rode Flute ridge down to singing pass trail. Trees were doable but could use more snow. Singing pass trail is in decent shape, no blowdowns, couple of creeks near bottom require ski removal.

duffy lake

just back from skiing mt roar avi chutes. seems pretty stable. dug a pit. Doing a heli drop to saxifrage on fri

Pascall blower this morning. Crust disappears around 1200m or so. About 40cms of new -this was just across the valley from you ali

Sleeper day of the year today. Blower. First into high ruby, first bad attitude, christmas and the list goes on and on. Blew in just right to make it ridiculously deep. Face shots all day in the high alpine.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrain505 View Post
    Sleeper day of the year today. Blower. First into high ruby, first bad attitude, christmas and the list goes on and on. Blew in just right to make it ridiculously deep. Face shots all day in the high alpine.
    wind transport is a very good thing! for such shit condition on the weekend, this week has been off the hook. You heading out tomorrow? I'm meeting Max in the am.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Just thought I'd throw this out there, does anyone know if they will be rebuilding a bridge to connect the little spearhead? AFAIK the bridge has been removed by the dam and there is no longer a fitz crossing. So obviously no more csa to groom from the parking lot to the slump?

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    Just thought I'd throw this out there, does anyone know if they will be rebuilding a bridge to connect the little spearhead? AFAIK the bridge has been removed by the dam and there is no longer a fitz crossing. So obviously no more csa to groom from the parking lot to the slump?
    yeah, not sure about that.....we were pretty shocked to learn that they didn't have to replace the one they removed prior to construction on the IPP, last I heard they were trying to make CSA spring for it, which is pretty bogus....was a WB project, they should replace it, but they probably won't.

Quote Originally Posted by ali_purves32 View Post
    Doing a heli drop to saxifrage on fri
    Are you flying out of Whistler, Pemby, or CRH's staging area in North Joffre Creek? The last time I checked into doing a drop in that area, all the helis were flying out of Whistler, which made it more expensive than we wanted to spend on a day trip.

Broke trail and got the only 2 tracks down poop chutes, really good, top to bottom.

whats the word on conditions up there right now. Heading up for weekend and there doesnt seem to be any significant snowfall in the short range forecast. I would imagine it's pretty icy after that pineapple express event Sun/Mon.

Is the high alpine still decent? Just wondering which boards to bring... carvers or ??

Quote Originally Posted by PaulB View Post
    Are you flying out of Whistler, Pemby, or CRH's staging area in North Joffre Creek? The last time I checked into doing a drop in that area, all the helis were flying out of Whistler, which made it more expensive than we wanted to spend on a day trip.
    I'm guessing out of Pemby with Renegade helis? Friend of Shawn?

Quote Originally Posted by wizard604 View Post
    whats the word on conditions up there right now. Heading up for weekend and there doesnt seem to be any significant snowfall in the short range forecast. I would imagine it's pretty icy after that pineapple express event Sun/Mon.

Is the high alpine still decent? Just wondering which boards to bring... carvers or ??
    ^ Fail.

Read the posts?

Durrrrr