Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    65 cms of snow on windloaded aspects. Some Harmony AC closures lifted around 12noon. Not the lightest fluff but still acceptable skiing

Quote Originally Posted by roadgap View Post
    Side 1 - Avy report stated mod/mod/low on that day. Charge it brah! They got out fine so it was obviously fine.

Side 2 - Never a bad thing to ask about decision making. Second-guessing can be very helpful, especially when we're talking about potentially dangerous situations.

Not sure what side I'm on but it seems a bit early to play the douchebag card.
    I stand by my comment and Khyber knows I'd say it to his face: "Anyone else practice caution anymore?" is just an excuse to wave the electronic penis. Please. That's ivory tower quarterbacking at its worst. Basically calling someone reckless on the basis of one picture and a tour on a day when hazard was not high?

I don't know these guys and have no idea how they assessed that face or approached it but that's my point

Asking about decision making is fine. Asking about it that fashion is douchey. Don't even know why I posted this really. Not like it'll change anything.

Don't worry about it Lee, you are someone who get out there and actually does things that inspires people to do the same. To top it off every time I see you are at least as stoked if not more than I am to be out there skiing and you are out there for the right reasons. There is more to skiing than talking the talk on the net. It is easy to ski lines off decker and fissile 2 weeks after a storm when it is shralped, smoo'ed, sun baked and consolidated. But it is that fine line being the first one after things have settled a bit between stability and good snow that gives us the best runs of our lives.

And c'mon people! More stoke less drama! I am sitting here putzing around on a snowmobile and touring mellow glades in the koots and I want to see how things are filling in out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    Snow must be good to lure skieast out of hiding and back on TGR.
    Yes, Managing somehow. Today was 'OK' too. Got into Boomer a few times after they opened up the road into Harmony after lunch. Very nice, all the way down.

The lifty at Harmony said they were having icing problems with the lift.

Quote Originally Posted by DyingToLiveToSki View Post
    And c'mon people! More stoke less drama! I am sitting here putzing around on a snowmobile and touring mellow glades in the koots and I want to see how things are filling in out there!
    I just picked up a Canon 60D last night, so stoke on the way as soon as I get that thing dialed. Need a good smallish pack for it. Any reccomendations?
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Just inbounds? Touring as well?

Head over to photo/video... tons of discussions about it.

Any AC done on Blackcomb today in prep for tomorrow? Or they going to be rocking it out in the morning?

Tech talk jjjjj....

I might be heading back through Vancouver this weekend. I need to drop by lens and shutter to check out some christmas stuff for my dad I can see what is available for bags when I am down there and let you know. I dunno, something Lowe Pro. If you are really stoked on taking lots of pictures I would get a bag like Phil or Amy have that straps to your chest, then your camera is always easy to access.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    I stand by my comment and Khyber knows I'd say it to his face: "Anyone else practice caution anymore?" is just an excuse to wave the electronic penis. Please. That's ivory tower quarterbacking at its worst. Basically calling someone reckless on the basis of one picture and a tour on a day when hazard was not high?

I don't know these guys and have no idea how they assessed that face or approached it but that's my point

Asking about decision making is fine. Asking about it that fashion is douchey. Don't even know why I posted this really. Not like it'll change anything.
    Whoa, I post a mere (admittedly snarky-ass) question & all this drama. Lee, perhaps it's even more douche to start playing Defence Attorney and jumping like an asswipe down someone's throat before asking what they meant, eh? And I'll say that to your face

@Geo -- no hate meant. Thx for the brief summary of the conditions.

So ya .. interesting propagation fractures today. But some sweet deep out there with a day long reset. Too bad I broke a pole, boot and lost a camera.

Keep the stoke rollin' -- didn't mean to interrupt your regular programming.
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

Quote Originally Posted by kalisto View Post
    Just inbounds? Touring as well?

Head over to photo/video... tons of discussions about it.

Any AC done on Blackcomb today in prep for tomorrow? Or they going to be rocking it out in the morning?
    yeah they did a bunch of AC this morning, spun glacier in the afternoon
    ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

Had the usual runs off of green and red chair this morning, definitely some nice snow early on, then trying to get creative we headed up to do McConkey's trees with early exit, but got stopped by the avi closure half way up hwy 86 just at the flat spot. Never been stopped by that one, usually hit the closure near p2c. So we dropped in from the little boot back and hit the pillow field -> faceshots. The lower half was dust on crust and definitely sportier than usual, the devil's club is still sticking out in spots so another foot of snow to 1000m would help out a lot :-) Ski out to creekside is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-R View Post
    Had the usual runs off of green and red chair this morning, definitely some nice snow early on, then trying to get creative we headed up to do McConkey's trees with early exit, but got stopped by the avi closure half way up hwy 86 just at the flat spot. Never been stopped by that one, usually hit the closure near p2c. So we dropped in from the little boot back and hit the pillow field -> faceshots. The lower half was dust on crust and definitely sportier than usual, the devil's club is still sticking out in spots so another foot of snow to 1000m would help out a lot :-) Ski out to creekside is good.
    I came out the ski out, mark....all good, but it was maaaaannnnky! really saturated, hard to keep any speed up!

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    I came out the ski out, mark....all good, but it was maaaaannnnky! really saturated, hard to keep any speed up!
    Thanks for the tracks dude, suuuper snotty!

it did not suck today.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-R View Post
    Thanks for the tracks dude, suuuper snotty!
    it was like being suction-cupped to the ground.....loving the new sticks though, thank god for rocker!

My day. A recap.

1. Sleep in for the first time in 16 days. Feelin refreshed.
    2. Take a HUGE dump.
    3. See Whistler got a dump too. Not as big as mine though.
    4. Book it to Whister.
    5. Ski knee deep fresh(maybe this dump was bigger than mine...).

Yesterday, today, tomorrow... It just keeps getting better. Pillowy goodness all over the place.

I'll be up to Kanukistan Sunday night for a week at WB. Anyone willing to deal with a jong with few redeeming qualities (but a couple of surprises) during the week?

ObSETHed's, red Arc shell (or maybe a blue sidewinder), tan Omen with stickers from great satan ski areas, black pants.

Quote Originally Posted by filthyfrenchbum View Post
    Yesterday, today, tomorrow... It just keeps getting better. Pillowy goodness all over the place.
    Mmm, found some fresh pillows there in CBC after running into ya'.

Still quite a few xmas trees to dodge -- we zagged right where you zigged left.
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

We didn't actually have the first turns down Fissile. As we were cooking dinner at the Russet hut some solo skier just finished his second solo lap of the day and was heading back to Aus with a headlamp.

3 Glacier laps in before I had to go back to work. Not to shabby. 10-15th chair up on the 1st lap.

A young snowboarder ahead of us decided to drop the hollywood cliffs. Didn't go so well for him. The thud of his ass landing on the rock sounded bad. He started screaming like he broke his assbone. Patrol was just up the road when I let them know what I saw. They were in disbelief. Million to one shot doc...million to one.

Freezing levels looks like they have abated for Sunday/Monday. It will still be wet snow, but not rain (at least not above 1600m). Really fucking excited for tomorrow. New Billy Goats mounted up and ready to rip.

Tres Le Puke Le!

Heading up tomorrow w/ SkiGeo. Bright Orange Jacket, PowNAS. Lets go for a rip!

Fuckin great gong show up there today.

Like a western.....The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Great snow and brodown @ GC. Smoked/baked salmon. Spanky's, deep and dicey.

Helivac for said boarder with 2 guards trying to hold back ignorant Joe Public.

The Suadan got raped buy poachers ignoring the closure( AC was done on the northside but not the southside today).....I think dispatch can even see them from the office.

Snowpack is scary, hope the freezing level stays down Sun/Mon
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

^not too sure what you're talking about, I thought it was pretty mellow. Aside from the initial GE line up, it was pretty much ski on to the lift all day. I did see people hiking for sudan, but figured spankies was the path of least resistance. I actually stood around in diamond bowl looking at potential lines and didn't see anybody for ten mins. Zut Zut was snorkel deep all day long. The upper saphire entrance is a bunch of jagged rocks waiting to punch you in the face! Be carefull...
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

2nd chair on peak, 1st down whistler bowl, 1st down Christmas Trees, /claim.
    Khyber Pass was surprisingly awesome today as well.