Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clownshoe View Post
    Holy great lower mountain storm day Batman!

More to come tomorrow! The tree skiing is starting to round into shape

woohoo
    I'm bouncing off the walls, going to rock the brand new Super 7's for the first time tomorrow!!
    ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

I broke my own rule (no new boards before 2 metres) and brought out the Super 7's today for the first time. Definately quite a bit stiffer than the regular S7's, but they ate up the pow today.

Two photos from this past weekend to keep the stoke up and freezing levels down

Quote Originally Posted by SkiGeo View Post
    Fissile NW face on Sunday - incredible. Knee deep blower all the way down. No time for in-run photo's - we were charging...

Stability?

Pits?

With the snowpack the way it is (variable sketch), and the major avi on Fissile that sent a user to the hospital with a full rescue not long ago, I'm surprised anyone's touching this terrain (yet).

Anyone else practice caution anymore?
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

Quote Originally Posted by PulverSchwein View Post
    I'm bouncing off the walls, going to rock the brand new Super 7's for the first time tomorrow!!
    Right on! I'm breakin' out my new Super 7s tomorrow also.
    I'm in black pants, black jacket, black helmet, black backpack, black FKS 140, the brightest thing will be that big red R on the one ski :-)
    Find me and we can bust a few laps.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-R View Post
    Right on! I'm breakin' out my new Super 7s tomorrow also.
    I'm in black pants, black jacket, black helmet, black backpack, black FKS 140, the brightest thing will be that big red R on the one ski :-)
    Find me and we can bust a few laps.
    sure man, I'm in a green/grey North Face with grey pants and lid, red pack. You riding whistler or blackcomb tomorrow? I was thinking of starting on Blackcomb and watching the lightboard for a Peak Chair opening. Can't decide though, think Peak will open?
    ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

Quote Originally Posted by Clownshoe View Post
    I broke my own rule (no new boards before 2 metres) and brought out the Super 7's today for the first time. Definately quite a bit stiffer than the regular S7's, but they ate up the pow today.
    yeah dude! I broke out my new libtech pow's today, and loved every second of it....so good!

Am I the only one who's a little concerned that it could be raining to the top on Sun-Tue

Quote Originally Posted by djbooter View Post
    Am I the only one who's a little concerned that it could be raining to the top on Sun-Tue
    it's whistler, it happens

Quote Originally Posted by jongsinwhistler View Post
    Start smoking the crack pipe again or start jerking off with your opposite hand to make life exciting for 40 seconds, because out of the 200 posts that are on this thing, 180 are yours and 99% of them are of you crying and complaining about something. It's called a stoke thread.
    having fun in the cubicle, Phil? I'll be thinking of you tomorrow when I'm choking on snow. That's all the stoke I need!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by djbooter View Post
    You gotta be new around here.

Gotta love W/B's forecast for Sunday:

Sunday
    Snow, heavy at times.
    Freezing level near 1200m rising rapidly to near 2000m. Lows near minus 2. Highs plus 6. Alpine winds southeast 30-40 km/h. Accumulations near 40cm.

Hmm... 2000 m freezing level. 40 cm... of rain? Better get a kayak.

Quote Originally Posted by PulverSchwein View Post
    sure man, I'm in a green/grey North Face with grey pants and lid, red pack. You riding whistler or blackcomb tomorrow? I was thinking of starting on Blackcomb and watching the lightboard for a Peak Chair opening. Can't decide though, think Peak will open?
    I'll be going up Whistler and usually head up Creekside.
    I won't hold my breath on alpine opening before I go to work at noon but you never know. Meeting a buddy at lightboard 9am. Anyone else (Todd?) is welcome, just gonna do as many as possible before noon (my record is 13, but that includes fresh tracks!).

Fuck it, can't take the wait for the weekend, probably be on Blackcomb around JC and Crystal on yellow Armada ANTs. Renegades still not here or I would be taking them for a test drive tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by khyber.pass View Post
    Stability?

Pits?

With the snowpack the way it is (variable sketch), and the major avi on Fissile that sent a user to the hospital with a full rescue not long ago, I'm surprised anyone's touching this terrain (yet).

I thought this was " Whistler Stoke and Conditions - 2010/11 " not second-guessing armchair quarterbacking douchebaggy comments thread or is that just TGR par for the course now. Or maybe you were there at that second on that slope and have some insight

fingers crossed that the alpine opens tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    I thought this was " Whistler Stoke and Conditions - 2010/11 " not second-guessing armchair quarterbacking douchebaggy comments thread or is that just TGR par for the course now. Or maybe you were there at that second on that slope and have some insight
    Side 1 - Avy report stated mod/mod/low on that day. Charge it brah! They got out fine so it was obviously fine.

Side 2 - Never a bad thing to ask about decision making. Second-guessing can be very helpful, especially when we're talking about potentially dangerous situations.

Not sure what side I'm on but it seems a bit early to play the douchebag card.

Stability?

Pits?

The top 5cm was moving but that was about it. The conditions were amazing. Hate all you want... I could care less. I skied fissile on a blue-bird pow day and you didn't.

I assume by "does anyone practice caution" you mean " two skiers made a calculated decision based on ski cuts, shit hooks, spoken information and skiing one at a time stepped onto 55deg of low density snow overlaying a mid-november facet-crust-facet layer"

With the snowpack the way it is - slab consolidation and variable thin facetting layers sitting underneath a 5 day SH (PWL?) , I would be a little MORE concerned with any skiing up there from this point on.

Q1. Is everybody in Whistler on S7's?
    Q2. Why am I at work today?
    Q3. Any word on 7th/Glacier?

caution?
    Fuck no, charge EVERYTHING all the time. Fat skis will ski it out, it's all good brah.

Everything under Extreme on the avy report means send it.

Quote Originally Posted by TeCeBe View Post
    Q1. Is everybody in Whistler on S7's?
    Yes 99.876% of Whistler skiers are in fact skiing S7's.

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Fuck no, charge EVERYTHING all the time. Fat skis will ski it out, it's all good brah.

Everything under Extreme on the avy report means send it.
    Wait, I thought Extreme was when you had to send it? Ride it to the grave, switch.

S7's is the quivalent of the Cove Shocker in the bike park circa 1 or 2 summers ago. Oh, and 90% of the time with a rock shox boxxer on the front.

As far as stoke goes... CANNOT wait for this weekend. (Yes, I'm stuck at work, it's a choice I had to make). I think Saturday will be a busy day. People be safe out there!
    The skills of evaluating evidence, posing questions and answering them, of writing, of mobilizing information in order to make an argument. I think all of that is important in a democratic society if people are actually going to be active citizens - Eric Foner

free refills on ice cream sandwich's every run! cbc was neck deep all the way to the road! patroller trees neck deep! trees down to 7th cat track were all filled in and full chargable! if it keeps nuking like it is, tomorrow will be more of the same! game on!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller