Thumbs up Gear Review - My first day on my NAXO's

Well, I took my new NAXO's out for the first time at Alta over the T-day break. They are mounted to my 195 Lawnchairs. Keep in mind, these are my first AT bindings. My only previous experience with something in the same realm is Alpine Trekkers. I was worried about the little bit of play side to side that I could see on the bench when I mounted them.

These things are SOLID. I only set my release at 8 and never once released if I didn't need to. I had NO indication of ANY slop once I was actually skiing them. I only took small airs on them, and did hit some moguls, and they felt like S900's to me. I know this was only the first time out on them in really soft/awesome snow, but I was TOTALLY pleased with them; especially on such a big ski.

At this point, if you asked me if I would reccomend them to any other friend or maggot, I'd say ABSUH-FRIGGIN-LOOT-LY!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE 'EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the next few weeks, I am going to do some touring on them, so I will update my "findings" then.
    "Have fun, get a flyrod, and give the worm dunkers the finger when you start double hauling." ~Lumpy

http://www.telemarkskier.com/cgi-bin...c;f=1;t=000976

After watching MBS break his new model Naxos AGAIN yesterday (after all the stuff in the above link) I'd never ever buy them.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Well, I hope I don't experience those problems... As I said, only been on them one day.

I DID have to beef up the heel of my Langes with some JB Weld to fully engage the step in mechanism, but it works fine now.

As far as performance, though, they were great. I would assume MBS would agree, had they not broken on him so many times. They feel really solid to me and I like how I sit on the ski. I messed around in touring mode (without skins) at Alta, but just on the flats while I was waiting to meet up with my sister.

MBS's experience will deffinately make me keep a closer eye on them and perhaps treat them with a little more caution...

Well, like I said, I hope not to see any problems with them, but at this point I like them alot....
    "Have fun, get a flyrod, and give the worm dunkers the finger when you start double hauling." ~Lumpy

I would second the approval of the new naxos.

Mine are mounted on my '01 1080s.

As far as durability, I cant believe anyone could break them. Last week, I landed leaning very far forward on the knuckle of a pretty good sized kicker and took a crazy ragdoll down the landing zone. They came out of the mess fully intact.

I have only done one tour in them- only 3 miles, but they performed quite well.
    Last edited by nealric; 11-29-2004 at 05:28 PM.