Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale '10

New label and description: bottle says "Fresh Hop Ale" and they finally admit in the description that it's an IPA.

I don't give a shit because it's just as good as ever and my liver is about to hate me.

$6.99/sixer regular price, a serious fucking bargain.

And I'll be sending the misses off to the liquor store on her way home that sells it for 11.99 (might be 12.99 now) a 12 pack.

and here in utah, 12.99 a 6 pack, most likely. time for another Wyoming run.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

This beer gets me in so much trouble. It taste so good when it hits my lips.

its good but not as good as the celebration ale of 2008!
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Just had my first Celebration of the season last night. Damn, that is one fine winter offering. Certainly a chewy IPA, but very fitting for a late season sessional.
    Although Celebration is delicious, Deschutes' Jubleale get the win here. Nice zing of citrus/pine hop resin up front, followed by a nice balanced chocolate-infused malt finish. Bottoms up.....
    Fats-

Love it--Celebration is my all time favorite beer. Haven't seen this year's release in Seattle yet though. I literally buy cases of it so I can drink it year round. This is just in time as I'm down to my last sixer...

Jubelale is good but only in occassional doses in my opinion. It's too much like drinking desert to be an every day beer for me
    "A witty saying proves nothing."

its my fav too- tell me what you think of the new one spantik- i buy cases too- when i buy a house i will have pallet delivered
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by spantik View Post
    Love it--Celebration is my all time favorite beer. Haven't seen this year's release in Seattle yet though. I literally buy cases of it so I can drink it year round. This is just in time as I'm down to my last sixer...
    I just bought a sixer at Whole Foods in downtown Seattle. It better be as good as you fellas are advertising. $9.99 a six pack. It was hidden behind their Autumn Brown

Just got a 6-pack for $8.99 and it does taste delicious.

I almost like Shiner Cheer better, first year I've seen it - more of a novel fruitiness (peach) flavor

I did buy a 12er of S.N. Celebration last night tho
    o--/\
    --/(. \
    -/ .) ' \ go with respect, get to know your mountains
    /' (. ' |'\
    ' ' .) ' ,'

This reminds me, I need to start looking for Anchor's offering. Always been a huge fan.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Quote Originally Posted by Goatski View Post
    I almost like Shiner Cheer better, first year I've seen it - more of a novel fruitiness (peach) flavor
    That's just what horse piss tastes like when the horse eats holly and mistletoe.
    As a snowboarder... i fucking hate snowboarders in general. -advres

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Arty50 View Post
    This reminds me, I need to start looking for Anchor's offering. Always been a huge fan.
    It's out

Anchor Christmas ages well too

this years celebration's ok, I guess. not special so far.

Move upside and let the man go through...

So I went and bought a 6er for $9.99. It is ok, but I like the Torpedo IPA more as well as other IPA's made in town by Coronado Brewing Company. The Islander and Idiot IPA's are damn good.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I had Anchor Christmas last night. Not my favorite. It's flavors were too intense for my unrefined palate. I liked Bell's Christmas though.
    Man, skiing is the easy part.

"He does this, he says, because he can. I think there is a little more to it that that, however. I think he does it because he can, and you cannot." - PacRimRider1 about Leo Brayman

Hugh Conway Guest
    Anchor Christmas is best aged, ime. Give it a couple years.

Bought a 12er last night, $17 out here in Appalachia. Pleasantly surprised, it really is an IPA. Most Winter seasonals end up tasting like a Yankee Candle.
    Montani Semper Liberi