Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Or use the right fabric in the first place:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZyLY_UORrI

So, who's been casting nasturtiums:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-25004942

They're all playing ketchup now:
    http://video.mit.edu/watch/liquiglide-11535/

Where is Hemingway with a stirring account of using brains and fat to water proof heavy cotton, before long walks on the spanish front with mysterious women and fine liquor?
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

I use only tents that have a rainfly. I also add an extra layer with a water repellent spray. Nikwax is pretty good. I have heard that they use hair fixer in the military. I would keep away from hair fixer because I would fear that it might damage the fabric of the tent.

BUMP this thread cause I tried Nikwax, Granger and ReviveX spray on to my Spyder pants where the DWR has all but gone and ReviveX did the job

I had called Spyder and they recommended using Nikwax and man did it suck.
    Granger was much better than Nikwax but not nearly as good as Revivex as a Spray On.
    riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

So, stupid question: I have a "1000 denier coated nylon Cordura" backpack (mfg description, no idea if it's a PU coating or what, but that's unlikely) that I would like to be a little more water resistant for when I get caught in a rainstorm walking home from campus (15 min walk). I don't know if it has soaked through yet, but it certainly doesn't bead water.

Started looking at pack covers, but now I'm wondering about using some wash-in DWR with a spray-on treatment afterwards. Thoughts? This seems cheaper and simpler than buying a pack cover, but will it work as well? I'd prefer not to carry a pack cover all the time (and I'm terrible about checking the weather in the morning when I have no plans to be in the mountains).
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

The girl at christy sports recomended jizz said it works great on her jacket.

auvgeek, get a pack cover that you can also use for your ski/hiking packs. A pack cover is required gear.

Hugh Conway Guest
    +1 to a pack cover if you want it really waterproof. they also can work to provide more protection to a pack on the airlines.

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    So, stupid question: I have a "1000 denier coated nylon Cordura" backpack (mfg description, no idea if it's a PU coating or what, but that's unlikely) that I would like to be a little more water resistant for when I get caught in a rainstorm walking home from campus (15 min walk). I don't know if it has soaked through yet, but it certainly doesn't bead water.

Started looking at pack covers, but now I'm wondering about using some wash-in DWR with a spray-on treatment afterwards. Thoughts? This seems cheaper and simpler than buying a pack cover, but will it work as well? I'd prefer not to carry a pack cover all the time (and I'm terrible about checking the weather in the morning when I have no plans to be in the mountains).
    I bought a cheap lightweight pack cover of ebay a long time ago. I think it was like $20. Love the thing, totally waterproof and so light and packs so small that I do not notice it in.on pack. The custom ones built for a specific pack are fuck all expensive. Mine is even camo so bonus gnar points.

Dunk your fabrics in a big pot of molten beeswax. Old school waterproofing