Page 19 of 81 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Nice and you got the setlist...digging the I'm a Ram in drop D.

I'm a little late but I got to see Widespread for the 5th, 6th, and 7th time this year in Broomfield and Halloween. Absolutely incredible. They killed it. Tons of bust out covers. Even got a lawyers guns n money, and an Arleen. Best shows I've ever seen, even topping them at RR this year. Stoked to see Umphreys is coming to Salt Lake again this March.

I finally caught John Butler Trio last weekend. Those guys put on a great show! No intermission, just jam the whole time...crazy!

Buddy Guy's still jamming at 78. Quite the showman.

After two hours he needed to sit down, so I gave up my seat.

Medeski Scofield Martin & Wood last week in Basel with my 11 year old son. He's in his 4th year of piano and 1st year of drums so he was pretty stoked to see these guys up close. They wouldn't let us get to our balcony seats due to a private party so they put us front row instead. There were a few moments of John Scofield not gelling with the band but for the most part, 2 hours on non-stop goodness.

Sturgill Simpson was so good last night. His Guitarist, Laur Joamets hails from Estonia and is a tele master.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Sturgill Simpson was so good last night. His Guitarist, Laur Joamets hails from Estonia and is a tele master.
    I'm not much of a country guy, but I really enjoy his music. Would love to see him one day.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

J Mascis last night. That guy can make so much sound with a guitar, a couple amps and a few pedals. No backing band required. I'm not sure if the guy is autistic or not but in any case, embrace Asperger's.

Quote Originally Posted by patxi View Post
    J Mascis last night. That guy can make so much sound with a guitar, a couple amps and a few pedals. No backing band required. I'm not sure if the guy is autistic or not but in any case, embrace Asperger's.
    Word up. Seen him play live in Montreal. Powerful dude.
    27° 18°

Ice and I saw Alt-J a couple weeks ago. Great show, definitely go see them next time they tour.

Just bought Tedeschi Trucks Band tix for 2/20 at the Warner Theater. Should be another good-un.

The CONCERT thread

Medeski Scofield Martin & Wood last week in Basel with my 11 year old son. He's in his 4th year of piano and 1st year of drums so he was pretty stoked to see these guys up close. They wouldn't let us get to our balcony seats due to a private party so they put us front row instead. There were a few moments of John Scofield not gelling with the band but for the most part, 2 hours on non-stop goodness.

If you like Sco, and why wouldn't you, Sco-Mule dates were announced in 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Just bought Tedeschi Trucks Band tix for 2/20 at the Warner Theater. Should be another good-un.
    Was going to suggest you do that when I saw the tour dates last week. Love them

Guy has personally fucked my ears !!

I bet he has more than once and you love it every time.

I've never seen him solo but shit god damn did he ever blow me away with Dinosaur Jr. when I saw them. Kickass show and so god damn LOUD.

Pretty pumped for my concert outlook this year. Death From Above 1979 in a couple weeks and then heading to Mexico for One Big Holiday. My Morning Jacket headlining 3 nights, Dr. Dog, Dawes, War on Drugs and Band of Horses Supporting. Fuckyeah, tunes in the sand!

Saw Todd Snider at the Bunkhouse in Vegas Saturday. Awesome folky type singer, funny as fuck. Here is his tour schedule. And the Bunkhouse has evolved into a good venue, super sound, great bartenders/prices/food.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Saw these guys last night at a small pub. They're on a western tour, swinging back towards Tennessee. If they hit your town check them out. I like Americana- although not a huge bango and fiddle guy- but these guys were great.

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Saw Todd Snider at the Bunkhouse in Vegas Saturday. Awesome folky type singer, funny as fuck. Here is his tour schedule. And the Bunkhouse has evolved into a good venue, super sound, great bartenders/prices/food.
    He tells some awesome stories for sure.
    Saw the Wood Brothers last week at the Neptune Theater. One of the better shows I've seen in a while.

caught moe. last night at the Fox on the hill in Boulder... great show. Finished out with plane crash and encore with happy hour hero. Got tonight and Sat night at the Ogden downtown. Makes it easy to hit a 3 night run when its dam near 70 out and ridge blocking out all the snow.

al side

moe

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    caught moe. last night at the Fox on the hill in Boulder... great show. Finished out with plane crash and encore with happy hour hero. Got tonight and Sat night at the Ogden downtown. Makes it easy to hit a 3 night run when its dam near 70 out and ridge blocking out all the snow.

al side

Nice Hawkgt its great to make runs close to home
    i can see my friend rodman in your pics Al side on the rail
    ill be at the BUT Aspen for the UM shows.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by sherpahigh View Post
    Pretty pumped for my concert outlook this year. Death From Above 1979 in a couple weeks and then heading to Mexico for One Big Holiday. My Morning Jacket headlining 3 nights, Dr. Dog, Dawes, War on Drugs and Band of Horses Supporting. Fuckyeah, tunes in the sand!
    This was pretty much the best time ever. 3 MMJ shows that were all killer. War on Drugs kicked things off with just a kickass set. Preservation Hall from New Orleans with an amazing opening set on Night 2 and then the most bad ass late night set on Night 3. So so good! Dr. Dog and Band of Horses both brought their A game for MMJ's night off and then Dawes opening on Night 4 just killed it. MMJ's final set was phenomenal and the late night stuff was a hell of a party as well. Put all that with an amazing Beach BBQ super bowl party, the all inclusive Hard Rock, servers everywhere including the rail mid-show bringing you what you need... sunshine, like minded, fast friends by the pool, sweet poker tourney, etc. etc..... Put OBH3 on your list. Save your pennies... you will have an amazing time.

saw crobot, black tusk, and black label society last night. \m/ \m/

Saw Michael Schenker and his Temple Of Rock a couple nights ago in Sac. Ended up being the first show of the tour after the 1st 3 dates were postponed due to visa issues. Francis & Herman from the Scorpions added to the German flavor. The band sounded great, in additon to his solo stuff and the usual UFO classics, they also played a bunch of Scorps tunes.

"The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

^^ he plays a couple times a year in switz and germany. I've yet to see him, he's always just out of my driving range. Ufo is touring now too. Agan, just outta range.

Saw Godspeed You! Black Emperor last night. It. Was. Awesome.