Page 20 of 81 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Neko Case last night. Full serving of awesome.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Well I manned to fuck up getting tickets to Electric Wizard and Sleep in the next two weeks. So I'm not going to either

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    Neko Case last night. Full serving of awesome.
    saw her in 2002 in a little club in East Atlanta. Full on crushed.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Well I manned to fuck up getting tickets to Electric Wizard and Sleep in the next two weeks. So I'm not going to either
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooo! what a double bill.

Fortunately not a double bill, electric wizard was last night and sleep is playing 4/20.
    Just found out today that I'm going to Switzerland for work in May so I'm trying to figure out if this is worth going to after the work part is over: www.primaverasound.es
    Earth, electric wizard, and Sunn O))) plus a handful of others I'd be happy to see.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Fortunately not a double bill, electric wizard was last night and sleep is playing 4/20.
    Just found out today that I'm going to Switzerland for work in May so I'm trying to figure out if this is worth going to after the work part is over: www.primaverasound.es
    Earth, electric wizard, and Sunn O))) plus a handful of others I'd be happy to see.
    where in switz?

barcelona is a long haul from here. there are quite a few festivals here in the summer but not like that. probably the next best/closest festival is hellfest in france. but that's 3 days of stinky metalheads in the sun. too much for me.

Scored tickets for upcoming "Big Music Fest" in Kitchener in July. The Saturday show should be good with Extreme, Monster Truck, Jane's Addiction and Soundgarten. This is outdoor show with around 30,000 per day. I passed on the Sunday show with Blondie and Rod Stewart.
    Last year was friggin awesome, with headliners Brian Adams, Styx, Slash with Myles Kennedy and Aerosmith. Kitchener's turning into a big time music center.

watch out for snakes

ufomammut last night! #heavyaf

Swung through SF on my way back from Sea Otter and caught Faith No More at the Warfield last night.
    Patton was in top form. Caca was insane!

"The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

^^^planning to see Faith No More tonight at the Wiltern in LA! Good to know they are still putting on a good show.

I luv me sum FNM
    watch out for snakes

FNM was awesome. Only 90 min, which was a bummer, but got home to SD at a better time.

These guys open, so bad it was ok:

The Pixies - May 21st Flynn theater in BTV

When tix went on sale I passed on getting them for a couple of reasons. Mainly because 25+ years ago I was so fricking cool I actually saw them live a couple of times and knew they is no way they would be as good today. With Kim leaving the band I thought that would be too hard to overcome. I listened to Indy Cindy a couple of times and it was OK but didn't merit further listening.

Well I was wrong, it was awesome. This past week we were offered tix a couple of times and decided to go.

Slow start but the third song was break my body and they tore it up. At this point I realized I was in for a good time. Ended up with 2 hours straight of great tunes. Last 45 minutes or so they went from song to song with no pausing. Lots of tracks from surfer rosa, my favorite album. Great finale choice of Vamos.

Color me impressed. Ears still ringing and I wasn't even close to the stage. Kim's replacement did an admirable job. Good times and it was definitely worth it.

saw Robert Plant and the Sensational Space Shifters last night. walking toward venue with no ticket, I didn't make it 50 feet from my truck when I was offered a ticket for $20.

2nd row center.

booya!

great to see RP sing, they played a bunch of Zep and original stuff, he's still enjoying himself and has the classic Robert Plant dance moves
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    great to see RP sing, they played a bunch of Zep and original stuff, he's still enjoying himself and has the classic Robert Plant dance moves
    I saw Jason Bonham at my local venue the last two nights for my Zep fix. He does a little history on his dad. It's a good show.

Russian Circles!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1436007248.729271.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	168050

Ron & Buddy

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1436007315.160289.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	168051

Keith

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1436007406.795882.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	168052

Bono

Expendables, Dirty Heads, and Slightly Stoopid in CT. What made the show extremely good for me was the venue. Giant soccer fields with a ton of room to play disc, drink beers and listen to reggae. Our innkeeper said the next day that the whole town smelled like marijuana last night

Scored a pair of mighty 4th row seats in front of Eddie and saw Van Halen at Concord a couple nights ago. Yeah, Dave is on & off vocally to put it politely, but man is the band on fire.

And what a great setlist!
    01. Light Up the Sky
    02. Runnin With the Devil
    03. Romeo Delight
    04. Everybody Wants Some
    05. Drop Dead Legs
    06. Feel Your Love Tonight
    07. Somebody Get Me a Doctor
    08. She's the Woman
    09. China Town
    10. I'll Wait
    11. Drum Solo
    12.Little Guitars
    13. Dance The Night Away
    14. Beautiful Girls
    15. Woman In Love
    16. Hot For Teacher
    17. In a Simple Rhyme
    18. Growth
    19. Dirty Movies
    20. Ice Cream Man
    21. Unchained
    22. Ain't Talkin Bout Love
    23. Eruption / Guitar Solo
    24. You Really Got Me
    25. Panama
    26. Jump
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Since moving to Idaho I haven't seen shit for shows. But right before I left from New York I got to see...

Lenny Kaye from Patti Smith along with The Hipp Pipps for $5 at Hanks Saloon

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UOzbfoqKhpA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Johnny Dowd

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fuG-mnAzAFI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Cuts (not so much into the screaming punk, but single handedly the hottest, best speed metal drummer)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ptSfWzNX-Ik" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lucero:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MK3tPEgjPGM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hell yeah!

Max Creek. Still awesome. Free show in the apparent tattoo and cigarette smoke Capitol of the world.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436683110.160448.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	300.5 KB 
ID:	168202

Foo Fighters last night at citifield NYC ..... CRUSHED IT! (and me)

^^^When I saw the Foofighters, Dave yelled at some people in the crowd for sitting during the show, so I was surprised he was sitting in your video, but googled that he has a broken leg and still played. That is awesome.