Page 22 of 81 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Anyone going to String Cheese, Friday, Oct 16 or... Widespread Panic, Oct 23, 24 & 25? Both bands are playing at the Riverside Theatre in Milwaukee.

I'll be there for String Cheese and WSP on Saturday.

Page top, bitches!

Saw Mark Knopfler last night at the Orpheum Theatre in Minneapolis. His musicianship, and that of his band mates, is otherworldly. Highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullywhacker View Post
    Saw Mark Knopfler last night at the Orpheum Theatre in Minneapolis. His musicianship, and that of his band mates, is otherworldly. Highly recommended.
    we were just discussing that his are the hardest ticket of the season. He is awesome. I don't know if you read the what song do you want to hear thread, but I was golfing with a guy and we listen to a bluetooth speaker sometimes when we play. A guy said, "we listen to music all the time in florida when we play, have you ever heard of mark knopfler?" i stared at him. In his 60's and just discovered him. Incredible player.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    we were just discussing that his are the hardest ticket of the season. He is awesome. I don't know if you read the what song do you want to hear thread, but I was golfing with a guy and we listen to a bluetooth speaker sometimes when we play. A guy said, "we listen to music all the time in florida when we play, have you ever heard of mark knopfler?" i stared at him. In his 60's and just discovered him. Incredible player.
    I did in fact read that -- mouth agape woulda been my reaction as well . . .

Saw Sturgill Simpson in Baltimore's Rams Head on Fri., Sept. 25th. FKNA Great show. He's heading West: http://www.sturgillsimpson.com/tour....subid=31396808 I highly recommend catching them. His guitarist is from Estonia and unbefuckinglievable. Check out this cover of the Osborne Bros. "Listening to the Rain" (the show closer.)

Going to see Knopfler on the 18th at the Warner Theater here in DC.

The CONCERT thread

Saw Tedeschi Trucks again last weekend at the Beacon. Such a great band. Her singing is awesome and with Alexia Shakour singing and Elizabeth Lea on then bone they are an estrogen powerhouse.

Derek's good too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444462465.297367.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	372.5 KB 
ID:	170283
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444462491.865517.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	551.3 KB 
ID:	170284  
    Last edited by MMP; 10-10-2015 at 02:09 AM.

Going to see Hot Tuna tonight!
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Going to see Hot Tuna tonight!
    Free concert at the local retirement home?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Free concert at the local retirement home?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Not yet, but I suspect I'll be surrounded by other candidates and we plan to have a very good time.

Los Lonely Boys

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1444566662.655608.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	170305

Tejas Blues.

There was a lot of stupid herd stuff that started in the 60s.

But it was so sweet to hear some silvered something ringing loud and clear that it wasn't just some fuzzy patchouli soaked hallucination.

Kaukonen and Cassidy got up on stage and laid it out: articulate, thought out notes served up from their wells. Hesitation Blues, New Song for the Morning, Keep Your Lamps Trimmed and Burning, Come Back Baby were among the songs done in an hour and a half show. Embryonic Journey as the encore.

I took my 14 y.o. son who read for most of the show, but occasionally surfaced when some riff made it past the book. He asked to see the fingerwork, so I took him up to a pillar where we could stand for 5 minutes or so before management shooed us back to our seats.

Filled me right on up with some good stuff and hard cold evidence that there really is some magic that keeps going.

Dave Mason Traffic Jam last night. Played a lot of Traffic the first session, but the sound was off.
    Came back out after intermission and played All along the Watch tower and he sounded much better.

Had a nice Hendricks and Capaldi tribute. Didn't really know he didn't get a long with Winwood.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post

Turns out this guy is coming to a venue near me in November. Definitely worth checking out.

I've got tickets to Gogol Bordello as well, also in November.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Two Gallants in Basel earlier this week. They'll be around these parts for another couple weeks or so and then some California shows later in November.

Just a taste

Saw Zac Brown this past Friday. Our friend's brother works special events at the venue. My wife had her phone on, texting during the first song, and I was on her about it. She told me to wait for it. Got a text and she said,"let's go. I have a surprise for you." Scored pit passes.

Not sure if he is your style or not, but he is an amazing musician. It was one of the better shows I have seen.

Zac Brown is definitely talented. If you can catch Sturgill, do it. I saw him twice over the last year and will not miss another one. That was last week, this past Saturday got to see Lucero do 2 sets at the State Room in SLC, first set was slower with Ben playing acoustic, then they got to rocking the 2nd set. Those dudes are fantastic.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Saw Mavis Staples and Joan Osborne locally the other night. Mavis is a piece of work...super funny. She killed Slippery People by Talking Heads and followed up with, "that david bryne sure can write a song...woohee".
    I had forgotten that Osborne did a little stint with The Dead, so she threw in brokedown palace.
    Entertaining night.

I didn't go to this concert, but wow. Unique line-up, unique songs.

http://buzzbands.la/2015/11/19/tom-m...e-of-joe-hill/

Yesterday's tribute to Allen Toussaint

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1448121955.949846.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	158.4 KB 
ID:	172169
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

^Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by TomCrac View Post
    ^Very nice.
    Had two buds in attendance. Said it was pretty strong medicine. And classy, just like the man himself.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1448147257.474320.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	172187

Scott Weiland from Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver.

Long story, from long ago, but so stoked right now... finally connected with the photographer (Ron Pownall) who shot the Stones show at this small bar, Sir Morgan's Cove in Worcester, 1981.

I was lucky enough to be there and so have been hoping to get a copy of this great shot:

We talked in his studio for about an hour and I was able to fill him in on a couple of that nights details (opening act, Stones stage name, etc.), so he basically gave me a huge signed print which wife will frame for x-mas. (He's going through his contact sheets as he may even have something with me in it, )

It was an epic night, that ended the only way an epic night with the Stones could... but pretty happy I've finally got my little souvenir.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

^^^Ron and Dar are friends of friends. We hung out in their incredibly cool loft last year for my bud's 50th birthday.

Small world.