Page 5 of 81 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    Free Blue Oyster Cult show this Sunday night at the Rib Cook Off in Reno! [/GeezerRockStoke]

FKNA that would be awesome! Ribs and BOC??????
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Saw Terence Blanchard in his latest quartet a couple weeks ago at Birdland in NYC. FUCKING AMAZING.

Diamanda Galas coming here in couple of weeks...

Oh man...

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Devotchka and Elephant Revival up at the Bridge tomorrow. Interesting, but great, combination.

Saw Gillian Welch on wednesday. It was great, nice to hear that voice live. Relaxed vibe, good set list, great performers, can't ask for much more.

do work and i saw the warren haynes band thursday. such a great band. loved the "what is hip" as well as many many others. fun show. too much tequila.

Saw UFO last night. Grew up on the music, but haven't really listened to them in years. I had forgotten how many great songs they had. Phil was amazing. Vinnie Moore shredded. All around great show. Highly recomended.

Any mags going to Hardly Strictly Bluegrass this year?

We have Taj Mahal and the Hula blues band coming up, the I got 4th row for Chris Isaac and Dec 1 Steve miller band with Dave Mason...

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    Saw UFO last night. Grew up on the music, but haven't really listened to them in years. I had forgotten how many great songs they had. Phil was amazing. Vinnie Moore shredded. All around great show. Highly recomended.
    My girl scored a couple $10 tix off Craigslist so we checked it out last night in Reno. I've seen Schenker a good half dozen times over the years but last night was the best Rock Bottom I've ever seen, I've got a couple old Vinnie Moore CDs so heard him play, but damn, that was spectacular!

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Any mags going to Hardly Strictly Bluegrass this year?
    I'll be in the Bay that weekend so may brave the crowds to check out Buckethead.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

We saw Roger Daltry perform Tommy and then other Who songs Friday. They played in the XL Center in Hartford which holds probably 10k, with 3,500 in attendance. Good voice, strong playing, far from a Who show but a fun night.

judging by our dancing and their sitting, We had more fun than anyone else there. (excellent fish tacos at Trumbull Grill, and blue cheese olive grey goose martinis to wash em down. sorry no pics of tacos)

Pretty excited for Merle Haggard and Kris Kristofferson tonight. Should be classic.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    i think their live album is one of the best live albums evah made.

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    My girl scored a couple $10 tix off Craigslist so we checked it out last night in Reno. I've seen Schenker a good half dozen times over the years but last night was the best Rock Bottom I've ever seen, I've got a couple old Vinnie Moore CDs so heard him play, but damn, that was spectacular!

I'll be in the Bay that weekend so may brave the crowds to check out Buckethead.
    I agree. Saw MSG a couple of years ago at the same venue I saw UFO. While it was good and it was fun to see him play (and to see Barden sing), I thought UFO w/Vinnie was a much better show overall. Micheal's such a statue up there.

Buckethead kills it! And I really appriciate his work with chicken rights.

Primus on Friday, f'n stoked!
    Montani Semper Liberi

saw the melvins last night in geneva. concert of the year so far...just tremendous.

10-07-2011
    Kyuss Lives w/ the Sword & Monstro
    Monstro

the Sword ( kicked ass!)

Kyuss Lives (destroyed - Garcia's voice is the best i've heard it)

Nick laying down the low end

awesome show go see em:
    https://www.facebook.com/KyussLives?...23966167614127
    Last edited by cdlv; 10-08-2011 at 10:30 AM.

Gillian Welch and Dave Rawlings killed it last night in the burgh.

Montani Semper Liberi

Went with Iceman and our (respective) wives to see Robert Randolph and the Family Band two weekends ago, meeting up with Sirshredhead and his wife at the venue. It did not suck in any way.

When it was time for a set break RR said "I'm feelin' something" and started noodling around instead. This turned into a 20 minute pure jam session for the whole group. He and his cousins (the bassist and the drummer) tried to throw off the keyboard player several times - just fuckin' with him to see if he could hang. It was funny, yet amazing.

Going to the NYE Possessed by Paul James gig in Denver. It's going to be a fucking riot. Be there.

Saw Matt Pond PA last night. He was great, band holds a nice groove, better live than in the albums for sure. He was gimped up too and we shot the shit for a while post performance about our respective injuries. Nice dude.

I've been seeing a lot more concerts lately, the upside of living in a big city.

saw Shellac on Wednesday. they kicked ass.

yeaaaa
    Don't take any guff from these swine.

Sweet Jesus, the guy can play

Saw Joe Bonamassa last night. I don't think there's anyone doing what he's doing nowadays. Highly recomended.

^^^ Holy Hestra.